Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

Master of Puppets is back on top of the streaming charts after the song was used in the Stranger Things Season 4 finale. 

https://americansongwriter.com/metallicas-1986-hit-master-of-the-puppets-creeps-up-charts-after-stranger-things-feature/

About time those guys caught a break and made a little money for themselves!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I saw Left to Die (Death tribute), Skeletal Remains, Mortuous and Cemetery Filth last night in ATL.  Matt Harvey is Chuck reincarnated. To be honest, I saw Death twice on the Spiritual Healing tour (at the Showcase in SA), once on Human and on their last tour, and last night's show was better than 3 out of 4 of those.   Also, Skeletal Remains is fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, zlavydra said:

I saw Left to Die (Death tribute), Skeletal Remains, Mortuous and Cemetery Filth last night in ATL.  Matt Harvey is Chuck reincarnated. To be honest, I saw Death twice on the Spiritual Healing tour (at the Showcase in SA), once on Human and on their last tour, and last night's show was better than 3 out of 4 of those.   Also, Skeletal Remains is fucking awesome.

Hell yeah, I never got to see Death so I'm super stoked for this show in Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Phil and Rex are going out on tour in 2023 as Pantera with Zakk Wylde on guitar and Charlie Benante from Anthrax on drums.

only a matter of time. kinda like when 70's bands get back together but half the crew is dead or retired. no different here, just metal. I was lucky enough to see them back in 1996 at Starplex - the show where Phil od'd. My buddy and I were walking the parking lot looking for our car when we saw Phil getting carted into an ambulance like 50 feet away. /csb

so I'll probably go and relive some memories but yeah, this is just a vanity tour for Phil. kinda fitting, really.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

only a matter of time. kinda like when 70's bands get back together but half the crew is dead or retired. no different here, just metal. I was lucky enough to see them back in 1996 at Starplex - the show where Phil od'd. My buddy and I were walking the parking lot looking for our car when we saw Phil getting carted into an ambulance like 50 feet away. /csb

so I'll probably go and relive some memories but yeah, this is just a vanity tour for Phil. kinda fitting, really.

I mean, it's not like something fans haven't been clamoring for going on 20 years now. Obviously would have been better to see when the Abbott brothers were still alive.

Edited by Storm the Field

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Saw Pantera at the Back Room on the Cowboys tour a couple of times. Also saw them at Six Flags when they played covers with Terrence Lee singing 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Spotify told me there was a new In Flames single out and it’s a move in the right direction for that band.  I like it.  6/10 for “The Great Deceiver”.

That's good to know because their last few took me from a fan to don't care

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

56 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

That's good to know because their last few took me from a fan to don't care

For sure.  The other song reminded me of “Morphing into Primal”.  I doubt they’ll ever regain their magic but even something on par with Death Magnetic would be way better than the absolute shit they’ve pumped out for over a damned decade.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

For sure.  The other song reminded me of “Morphing into Primal”.  I doubt they’ll ever regain their magic but even something on par with Death Magnetic would be way better than the absolute shit they’ve pumped out for over a damned decade.

They should get Rick Ruben up in that shit.

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Speaking of Texas metal bands, I just recently discovered Upon a Burning Body out of San Antonio.  Kinda dig it.

they just played CATI last night with Vulvodynia as one of the openers. Had I not been 100% wiped from my NYC trip I would have gone (was also feeling covidy but turns out it was just jet lag/fatigue). Kinda bummed I didn't rally, but oh well. Saw Rage. No ragrets.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m trying to listen to some classic metal albums start to finish. Been at it for the last month or so. I’ve listened to the below. Any other good recommendations?

Black Sabbath

8/27/22 Heaven and Hell

8/24/22 The Mob Rules

8/23/22 Vol. 4

8/3/22 Black Sabbath

7/31/22 Master of Reality

7/29/22 Sabotage

Metallica

8/21/22 Black Album

8/19/22 And Justice For All

8/12/22 Ride the Lightning

8/10/22 Master of Puppets

8/4/22 Kill Em All

Ozzy Osbourne

8/22/22 No More Tears

8/11/22 Diary of a Madman

8/1/22 Blizzard of Ozz

Megadeth

8/18/22 Countdown to Extinction

8/7/22 Rust in Peace

8/5/22 Peace Sells

Pantera

8/16/22 Far Beyond Driven

8/15/22 Cowboys From Hell

8/6/22 Vulgar Display of Power

Judas Priest

7/30/22 Screaming for Vengeance

Slayer

8/8/22 Reign in Blood

Iron Maiden

8/18/22 Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

8/26/22 Piece of Mind

8/25/22 Powerslave

8/9/22 Number of the Beast

Guns & Roses

8/2/22 Appetite for Destruction

Tool

8/20/22 10,000 Days

8/17/22 Lateralus

8/14/22 Fear Inoculum

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, PappyVanVinceYoung said:

I’m trying to listen to some classic metal albums start to finish. Been at it for the last month or so. I’ve listened to the below. Any other good recommendations?

Black Sabbath

8/27/22 Heaven and Hell

8/24/22 The Mob Rules

8/23/22 Vol. 4

8/3/22 Black Sabbath

7/31/22 Master of Reality

7/29/22 Sabotage

Metallica

8/21/22 Black Album

8/19/22 And Justice For All

8/12/22 Ride the Lightning

8/10/22 Master of Puppets

8/4/22 Kill Em All

Ozzy Osbourne

8/22/22 No More Tears

8/11/22 Diary of a Madman

8/1/22 Blizzard of Ozz

Megadeth

8/18/22 Countdown to Extinction

8/7/22 Rust in Peace

8/5/22 Peace Sells

Pantera

8/16/22 Far Beyond Driven

8/15/22 Cowboys From Hell

8/6/22 Vulgar Display of Power

Judas Priest

7/30/22 Screaming for Vengeance

Slayer

8/8/22 Reign in Blood

Iron Maiden

8/18/22 Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

8/26/22 Piece of Mind

8/25/22 Powerslave

8/9/22 Number of the Beast

Guns & Roses

8/2/22 Appetite for Destruction

Tool

8/20/22 10,000 Days

8/17/22 Lateralus

8/14/22 Fear Inoculum

GNR- Use Your Illusion I &II

Tool- Undertow, Aenima

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a pair of nice tickets to Mastodon/Ghost next Tuesday (8/30) in Austin at Moody that I can't use. I paid $500 for the pair but would accept half that amount OBO so someone could use them. Dm me.

No love for Spiritbox?

Hitting that show in Atlanta on Saturday. Stoked.