Urban Meyer and all of Ohio suck.

Parliament

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Eat shit you stupid fucking Sooner. Mixon. Chaisson. Hall. Bell. Clay. Parks. Thompson. Roberts. Overstreet. Hale. and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... 

Comparing your mouth-breathing brethren and their ability to not only ignore but embrace some of the worst fucking humans out there because they have a paper clip on their head to Texas fans is not going to end well for you. Probably a 3000:1 kind of thing, so STFU and stay in your lane with crock pot recipes, farks, and meth. The trailer park triumvirate.  

What did you misspell?

Look, all I'm saying is every fanbase has their idiots.  I didn't even call out anyone by name, so I don't know why you're so upset with me.

• Fuck You 10

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Why don't you paste the whole thread instead of cherry picking one idiot's comment?

I don't know how to paste a whole thread, but your point is exactly my point.  Every fan base has idiots, and OU certainly has their share that make me ashamed to be an alumni and fan.  But let's not act like it's any different from any other fanbase in that regard.

• Fuck You 10

8 minutes ago, kilroydos said:

I don't know how to paste a whole thread, but your point is exactly my point.  Every fan base has idiots, and OU certainly has their share that make me ashamed to be an alumni and fan.  But let's not act like it's any different from any other fanbase in that regard.

This is false equivalence bullshit. Every fanbase has idiots, but certain fanbases and, more importantly, institutions, turn much more of a blind eye to moral turpitude.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kilroydos said:

What did you misspell?

Look, all I'm saying is every fanbase has their idiots.  I didn't even call out anyone by name, so I don't know why you're so upset with me.

nothing. I changed 300:1 to 3000:1. the reality is that it's likely more like 30,000,000:1. 

It's true every fan base has their idiots. Very true.

It just so happens that tOSU and OU are made up of a MUCH higher percentage of people who don't give a fuck about things like morals, character, integrity, etc. which was my point. Before you came wading in with your "glass houses" bullshit. You are a fan of a team that BY A LARGE MARGIN embraced Joe Mixon, even post video. Own that shit. Don't come stumbling in here trying to compare 1 rando talking about a car accident beat-down to your entire shitty ass criminal worshipping fucking fanbase.  I'm not upset, I just don't like you because you are a filthy fucking Sooner stirring shit. 

Every fan base has idiots, and OU certainly has their share that make me ashamed to be an alumni and fan.  But let's not act like it's any different from any other fanbase in that regard.

It 100% is different. Not all fanbases are full of women-beating-apologists -- but yours certainly is, by a LARGE percentage. The list of Sooner criminals embraced by your fanbase over the past 50 years is nearly infinite. There are VERY few fanbases that even come close to you guys, hence the easy comparison about tOSU fans. Own that shit. It's who you are as a fanbase. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I am absolutely totally shocked that Urban Meyer would turn his head to all this and lie about it.  Shocked.  I wonder...if this woman told Shelley Meyer about it, did she tell Herman's wife?  Herman was the OC during this time.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bartles said:

Seems like Ohio State clearly covered up and prioritized football much higher than the welfare of women on campus. I assume Pepper Hamilton is in the on deck circle.

Another shameful thing is that Brett McMurphy has to do journalism from a Facebook account due to his non-compete clause after being laid off at ESPN. We'll see if ESPN.com even covers this story as it develops.

Guessing its part of a severance package

22 minutes ago, kilroydos said:

You should try equivocating with a fanbase that isn't fundamentally head and shoulders simply better than yours from a moral fiber perspective. You fucking clowns self-select into the trash that your fanbase is. You mentioned a qualifier with being ashamed to be an alumni and fan. Let me help you out - you should just be ashamed. You have a sad, shitty degree from a university with a history of corruption, cheating, and cover-ups - and these are often bragging points from your end when brought to the surface. You chose to be a participant in a fanbase that has poo-poo'ed and excused one transgression against women after another. It's almost as though that is a core value for you fucking shit heels. 

So fuck off with even the notion of thinking we're having a discussion of equals or anything close. You are shining our fucking shoes in the ranks of humanity and we don't want to hear your unintelligent, uninformed noise as though we're peers.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, golfclap said:

nothing. I changed 300:1 to 3000:1. the reality is that it's likely more like 30,000,000:1. 

It's true every fan base has their idiots. Very true. 

It just so happens that tOSU and OU are made up of a MUCH higher percentage of people who don't give a fuck about things like morals, character, integrity, etc. which was my point. Before you came wading in with your "glass houses" bullshit. You are a fan of a team that BY A LARGE MARGIN embraced Joe Mixon, even post video. Own that shit. Don't come stumbling in here trying to compare 1 rando talking about a car accident beat-down to your entire shitty ass criminal worshipping fucking fanbase.  I'm not upset, I just don't like you because you are a filthy fucking Sooner stirring shit.  

It 100% is different. Not all fanbases are full of women-beating-apologists -- but yours certainly is, by a LARGE percentage. The list of Sooner criminals embraced by your fanbase over the past 50 years is nearly infinite. There are VERY few fanbases that even come close to you guys, hence the easy comparison about tOSU fans. Own that shit. It's who you are as a fanbase.  

Imagine how angry I get when I see someone who is a Sooner defending the shit you are bringing up.  I'm a fan because I went to school there, grew up there, and want it to be the best program and university it can be.  It's fucking gross when someone will let shit slide or victim-blame because it's a Sooner that's implicated.

It may not seem like it, but we're on the same side here.  I want my university and the fanbase I'm a part of to be better.

With that said, I have a zero tolerance policy for this shit, and I don't think it matters if it's one incident or a hundred.  It's all disgusting and all has to go, and if you keep acting like it's all happening somewhere else, you're excusing it or enabling it.

I check in here because it's generally a better place than that.  I check in here because there are funny, good, smart people who have a different perspective than I do.  I think we can all still do better.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, jebusshuttlecock said:

rumor on the ohio state reddit is that meyer is stepping down at his press conference this afternoon

Now that would be a shock to me...

To me he may get canned over this, but to make the decision this quickly would amaze me

41 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I am absolutely totally shocked that Urban Meyer would turn his head to all this and lie about it.  Shocked.  I wonder...if this woman told Shelley Meyer about it, did she tell Herman's wife?  Herman was the OC during this time.

Nope. Houston hired Tom on 12/25/2014

10 minutes ago, jebusshuttlecock said:

rumor on the ohio state reddit is that meyer is stepping down at his press conference this afternoon.  personally i won't believe he's stepping down until he actually does

Can't imagine that is true, I could see him handing over head coaching duties to his asst coaches while he stays on staff and collects checks...

11 minutes ago, jebusshuttlecock said:

rumor on the ohio state reddit is that meyer is stepping down at his press conference this afternoon.  personally i won't believe he's stepping down until he actually does

It looks like if that is the case, the name that's geting ran with at this point is Greg Schiano...

16 minutes ago, jebusshuttlecock said:

no fucking way this happens. 

6 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

I guess I’m confused, since every single website calls it the 2015 incident

I might be a little off base.  I'm not sure when she started going to people about it.  If it was 2015, Herman is in the clear (as you or someone said he was hired by UH in 2014).

8 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

It looks like if that is the case, the name that's geting ran with at this point is Greg Schiano...

Yeah, let’s fire the guy that covered up a domestic violence case and hire a guy that covered up little boy rape. 

Edited by PatSolitanojr
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, jebusshuttlecock said:

Well they do have Schiano and WIlson as HCIW....pick your poison.