B) obstruction of justice

C) violation of the emoluments clause

D) commission of a campaign finance violation felony

E) being unfit to serve

F) all of the above

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Impeach him. Then re-elect him for no other reason than to break the impeachment record. Everyone wins.

If the Senate impeaches him, they'll disqualify him from holding public again.  It's their option, but there's really no reason not to do it.

Edited by Yuk

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Impeach him. Then re-elect him for no other reason than to break the impeachment record. Everyone wins.

Saying this.  It would not surprise me at all if the Dems impeach, get shot down, impeach again, rinse and repeat, and draw it all out through the 2020 elections.  There are so many qualifying avenues that this is going to make for an interesting reelection campaign for sure.

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

No impeachment, elected to a second term, then has the 22nd amendment repealed and becomes president forever after finding out the secret to eternal life. Enjoy! /brisket

That’s beyond idiotic. He would let Ivanka takeover. All hail the Orange Queen.

With mounting evidence of felony crimes I can see a scenario where house votes to impeach.  This makes the senate decide what lengths they will go to to support this dipshit.  Behind closed doors senate leadership realize this gives them a chance to get out from under Trump and they vote to convict.  Then they start a campaign actually highlighting the evidence so as to prove why they had no choice in order to try and save some of the Trump base.

11 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

With mounting evidence of felony crimes I can see a scenario where house votes to impeach.  This makes the senate decide what lengths they will go to to support this dipshit.  Behind closed doors senate leadership realize this gives them a chance to get out from under Trump and they vote to convict.  Then they start a campaign actually highlighting the evidence so as to prove why they had no choice in order to try and save some of the Trump base.

Senate would never convict, at least not on facts that have come out so far.

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

While better than Master of Puppets, it’s beaten by the Black Album.

This is the most disturbing opinion in the cloak room. 

The order is:

1. Master of Puppets

2. ...and Justice for Jason

3. ...and Justice for All

4.  Black album

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Senate (R)s will not convict under any set of facts.  They are traitors, straight up.  

I think "treason" is being used too loosely. Trump *may* have committed treason. But it's not apparent that Trump is an enemy of the U.S., so his supporters aren't committing treason.

25 minutes ago, Bookman said:

I think "treason" is being used too loosely. Trump *may* have committed treason. But it's not apparent that Trump is an enemy of the U.S., so his supporters aren't committing treason.

that's a fair point and distinction in that technically, Trump's supporters (in the Senate and otherwise) are complicit in his treason, as opposed to having independently and actively committed treason themselves.   Trump is absolutely an enemy of the U.S., however.