Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

1973, David Bowie and the Spiders from Mars after-show party at the Café Royal in Piccadilly, London. Back row, from left Edgar Broughton, Bianca Jagger, David Bowie, Angie Bowie and Tim Buckley. Bottom row: Ringo Starr, Celia Hammond, Jeff Beck, Lulu, Mick Ronson and Maureen Starkey

image.thumb.png.d1517723f5dc7d0e9586c336aebc3adc.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

1973, David Bowie and the Spiders from Mars after-show party at the Café Royal in Piccadilly, London. Back row, from left Edgar Broughton, Bianca Jagger, David Bowie, Angie Bowie and Tim Buckley. Bottom row: Ringo Starr, Celia Hammond, Jeff Beck, Lulu, Mick Ronson and Maureen Starkey

I fucking love Mick Ronson

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/17/2023 at 10:39 AM, Ten Bears said:

Ah...Tim Buckley, love this song.

1 hour ago, Ten Bears said:

I haven't tried Jack Daniels in years until the other day.  God it is horrible.  And I love the brown water.  Did the quality go down or was it always shit?

it's always been shit.  you just stopped being poor (presumably).

• Hook 'Em 2

^
Good catch.  I thought that was Phil in the back, but Bob could have just as easily been Neil.  Neil was obviously a thin man back then, but the giveaway (now that you mention it) is that Bob was even more sleight of frame back then than Neil.  The hair and axe could be either.  I'm guessing that shadow behind the drumkit is Kreutzmann during his bushy hair days.  Which would make, depending on the year, over Bob's right shoulder---Pigpen or Keith?  

Goddamnit, every time I get over my beef with her and her shit...I see a pic like this.  "Probably the most significant concert in rock history?  Nah, I'll grab the best seat on the planet and stare off in my morose shallowness at that rooftop clothesline over there instead."  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Goddamnit, every time I get over my beef with her and her shit...I see a pic like this.  "Probably the most significant concert in rock history?  Nah, I'll grab the best seat on the planet and stare off in my morose shallowness at that rooftop clothesline over there instead."  

I'll preface this with the fact that I'm not a big Yoko fan.  But that picture probably was snapped as she glanced over behind the band and the cameraman back there or people who were walking down the stairs (out of frame) to that area.  Or maybe she's thinking I can't believe it's 45 degrees out here and John took my coat. 

In any event, here's one where she's watching the band.

Beatles-Rooftop.jpg