Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

On 3/23/2023 at 6:55 PM, Mileslong said:

Not sure about the name of that street

f3a9d4110cca122e946f31e80e6c5370.jpg

658e65eb23a7c2f1075df1600af92908.jpg

Wow.  Been in that studio when my Dad was recording.  He was friends with Jerry Abbott.  

Had no idea that building was still there.  

I have a specific recollection that's where I first heard the word "Gibson" applied to guitars, as they were discussing the merits of Gibson v Fender.  

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The only band that matters.

Man, before I got all preachy and verbose...we woulda had a time in 2008.  The Alabama 3 was in Austin (known best for Sopranos themesong but so many other great tracks based on Americana blues and gospel).  Was hanging out with Rob Spragg (frontman) and a few other bandmates and we step across the street to meet up with their friend.  At the time it was that cheesy Irish pub "Mother Egan's" but it was owned by some authentic Irishmen.  Anyway, we're having drinks and they ask me outside to smoke.  And there's their friend, Mick Jones of the Clash.  I was over-fucking-whelmed. Just shook his hand, said "Welcome to Austin" and just listened to them all chat about music and drugs.  One of the most fun hours of my life.  Every time I see that little parking lot there (the one just east of Dogwood Pub), I think of that night.  Mick's stories were just fucking amazing, and so off the cuff and natural, no embellishment needed.  Just a drunken fly on the pavement that night, I was.  I had always loved the Clash and Big Audio Dynamite, but what he/Clash did to music is so grossly underappreciated.  /csb

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2