Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

3 hours ago, Underdog said:

Bowie just come from filming his part in Poltergeist 2? 

Bowie was massively addicted to cocaine and lost tons of weight during that time. I think it was his "thin white duke" period.  He also lost his friendship with Lennon and many others during that time. I think he was quoted as saying "Cocaine is a great way to lose your friends" or something along those lines. Apparently it's also a great way to look like a real-life Skeletor. 

23 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

Still cool as hell, Al was there in ‘84. 

I was there too. My first concert. 8th grade, and I was sure the police were going to arrest DLR after he dropped the f-word on stage. "You can't say that out loud!"

Forward about 7 years later when I was working for the Erwin Center and was posted outside the Van Hagar dressing room. Met Eddie, talked for a long time, and was able to watch him warm up for the show as he sat in a folding chair about 5 feet away from me. He was cool as hell, signed my 5150 album sleeve, and was totally down to earth. My best musical memory and definitely my best brush with celebrity fame. All hail King Edward. 

• Hook 'Em 2