Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

On 12/1/2022 at 7:44 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I'm embarassed that I was able to decode that.

When you're posting from a late-90s Cingular flip phone that charges by the letter you can't just spell out "Super Bowl." Do you think he's made of money?

Edited by BoomMF

On 12/4/2022 at 6:18 PM, tx 3 putt said:

D78646A3-D43C-48E2-8E58-A3B1D5C2B246.jpeg

Thank you for posting this picture.  I love me some Stevie Ray, but Johnny is the man, as far as I am concerned.  He put Texas blues guitarists on the map, and resurrected Muddy Waters' career, but is seriously under appreciated.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, 83Horn said:

Thank you for posting this picture.  I love me some Stevie Ray, but Johnny is the man, as far as I am concerned.  He put Texas blues guitarists on the map, and resurrected Muddy Waters' career, but is seriously under appreciated.

#whynotboth?

I mean, the history of the blues is one of handing the torch to the next generation.  Johnny & Stevie Ray are both in that iconic chain of Texas blues guitarists.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

#whynotboth?

I mean, the history of the blues is one of handing the torch to the next generation.  Johnny & Stevie Ray are both in that iconic chain of Texas blues guitarists.

Absolutely.  No argument from me on that.  Johnny and Stevie are 1A and 1B on my list of favorite blues/blues rock guitarists.  Johnny was the first I was aware of, being introduced to his music at the tender age of 8, in spring of 1970, when my oldest brother returned home from the Navy on leave shortly before my family moved to Texas.  He brought with him a copy of Second Winter.  As I had learned the previous summer that our family would be moving to Texas, I was enamored with all things Texas-related, and although I didn't know yet that Johnny was from Texas, there is a song on this album titled Hustled Down in Texas, so my attention was grabbed.  Then I listened...it was eye opening, to say the least.  I've been a huge fan ever since.  Fast forward 11 years, or so, and I'm a junior at UT, and first saw Stevie live at the old Austin Opera House, opening for Johnny.  That was one of my all time greatest concert experiences, accentuated by the fact that I was front row, less than an arm's length away from Johnny and Stevie.  My previous post was really just a response to the fact that I believe Johnny gets overlooked too often when people discuss great blues artists.

• Hook 'Em 2