Las Vegas go hard or go home thread

bigup2dahorns

Nice couple of days.

Javier's: dungeness crab enchiladas and jalapeno margaritas

Piero's: martini, stone crab, caesar salad, linguine & clams, bottle of Barbaresco

Lotus of Siam: garlic prawns, nam kao tod, duck noodle, various beers

Bouchon: chicken and waffle, bloody marys

Mon Ami Gabi: spicy andouille sausage benedict, bloody marys

• Like 7

And they will sell them all.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2022/11/14/wynn-announces-1m-all-access-experience-f1s-las-vegas-grand-prix/

While it’s been no secret that tickets to Formula 1′s Las Vegas Grand Prix come with a hefty price tag, Wynn on Monday upped the ante by announcing a $1 million “all-access experience.”

According to Wynn Las Vegas, the “2023 Million Dollar All-Access Experience” will offer events all race weekend long, “from the opening ceremonies to the breathtaking sprint to the finish line along the legendary Las Vegas Strip.”

For each package purchased, F1 and Wynn Las Vegas say they will make a donation of $100,000 to local philanthropic efforts.

Wynn Las Vegas says that each $1 million package provides admission for a group of six people to a collection of official F1 activations that are not available anywhere else.

The group of six will also receive access to the “most exclusive VIP spaces along the track such as the ultra-exclusive Wynn Grid Club located within the Paddock Club.”

According to Wynn Las Vegas, the $1 million package will also include:

Spoiler

A four-night stay in a two-story Encore Three-Bedroom Duplex, accommodating all six guests in its three bedrooms with 24-hour butler service, daily breakfast, and custom in-room amenities.
An elaborate welcome amenity including a Jeroboam of Dom Perignon and a selection of caviar.
Exclusive access to the Opening Ceremonies, including the Red Carpet viewing and kick-off party for the weekend’s events. This event is otherwise by invitation only, with no tickets available for public purchase.
Dinner for six in Delilah, the acclaimed nightlife dining experience, with a menu specially selected by executive Chef Joshua Smith and champagne from Dom Perignon.
Priority access to race-week events, to be held at Wynn Las Vegas.
Wynn Elite tickets to Awakening, Wynn Las Vegas’ signature new show. Tickets include private seating, a selection of complimentary small bites and premium beverages, and a dedicated server throughout the show.
A complimentary Spa and Salon treatment for each person.
A complimentary round of golf at Wynn Golf Club for each person.
Luxury transportation for each person to and from the airport, as well as The Paddock.
A dedicated ambassador to assist with priority reservations at Wynn restaurants and nightlife venues.
A lifetime membership to Wynn’s exclusive Private Access program for each person. This unique program is available to a select group of individuals and features privileged access to entertainment, dining reservations and concierge services at Wynn resort locations.

You know those cards passed out in front of the Linq, Harrahs, and the whatnot advertising hookers to come to your room?

Short article on the former (original) bassist for Quiet Riot and his career change in the 90's into taking nude photos of women, and subsequently being a photographer for those very cards:

NSFW, for the pics

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/naked_vegas_kelly_garnis_images_of_the_showgirls_strippers

I registered for the Garth Brooks thing at Caesar’s next year and just bought 4 tickets for a December show. Going to take my wife for her birthday. The tickets were … not cheap. I couldn’t bring myself to buy 8 total and sell the extra 4. I’m sure I’ll regret that. 

It is my staunch belief that Garth Brooks ruined country music and I am not much of a concert guy, but I figure this is worth it. I’ll get a long weekend in Vegas and probably laid a bunch. Bet on some college basketball while I’m at it. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 3:55 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

You know those cards passed out in front of the Linq, Harrahs, and the whatnot advertising hookers to come to your room?

Short article on the former (original) bassist for Quiet Riot and his career change in the 90's into taking nude photos of women, and subsequently being a photographer for those very cards:

NSFW, for the pics

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/naked_vegas_kelly_garnis_images_of_the_showgirls_strippers

Always called them "slappers" for their method of getting your attention. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a three-night trip, our first since 2018.  It wasn’t a trip like what is usually talked about here, as this was with my 80-year-old parents.   Let me just say that: damn, I love Vegas.

We stayed at the Bellagio and watched the fountain shows from our room.  Just magic, still, after all these years.   Mom and my husband went to see Bocelli at the MGM at the same exact time my Dad, sister and I were at T Mobile to see George Strait.  We all walked to our shows.  Where else does that happen?   We also snuck in RuPaul's Drag Race show at the Flamingo on another night (not with the parents!).  Cheesy and fun too.

National Finals Rodeo and Pax 12 Championship game were in town.  Great vibe everywhere.  Just packed enough and good mix of crowds: lots of sequins and cowboy hats.

Meal highlights:  Mon Ami Gabi (perfect as always…for the price and atmosphere and tremendous service, the best place in town), Carmine’s (great food – except for the amount of food waste -- and great atmosphere), Jaleo (a must stop for us, especially now considering what Jose Andres has been doing with WCK) and Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars (ridiculous).

We’ve been going to Vegas since the 70’s.  As kids, our parents gave us a roll of quarters at Circus Circus and sent up to the 2nd floor games.  So, we have always loved it.  I was happy to be back and ready to go back for just a couple’s trip.  There is so much more to do.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another timeless holiday story of woman stealing your Rolex

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A woman accused of stealing a Las Vegas hotel guest’s watch and concealing it inside her genitals Sunday was in Las Vegas for a Monday court hearing for a similar theft, the 8 News Now Investigators have learned.

Sarah Richards, 33, faces charges of grand larceny and administering a drug to aid in the commission of a felony, police said.

A man called 911 from the Aria hotel on Sunday morning to report a woman, later identified as Richards, had taken items from his room, including a $12,000 watch, police said.

The man told officers he met Richards and invited her to his room, police said. The pair started to cuddle, when Richards reportedly told the man he should take off his Rolex watch or it would cut her while they cuddled.

“[The victim] ended up taking off the watch and placing it under his pillow,” police said. “He drank more wine since Richards kept insisting it.”

The man later noticed the watch was missing. Richards “went into a panic” and left. The man followed her down the hall, down the elevator and into the lobby where he alerted security, they said.

Police initially could not find the watch on Richards’ person, but later located it in her genitals, officers said.

“She stated that we were going to find it anyways at jail and she did not want to go through the hassle,” officers wrote in the arrest report. Officers later impounded the watch, placing it inside a biohazard bag, police said.

Police said they also found an opened purple pill capsule that “had very little white substances inside of it,” officers said.

Richards took another person’s watch in June and was in Las Vegas for a Monday court date for the same crime, police said. Records show she was charged with theft and residential burglary in June. A preliminary hearing in that June case was scheduled for Monday.

In that case, the victim told police that he believed Richards drugged him on June 4 at a Las Vegas Strip hotel and stole his Patek Philippe wristwatch, valued at around $100,000.

The victim said Richards approached him at a bar in the hotel and the two agreed to go to his hotel room, where Richards then said she needed “help with money.”

The victim said he asked hotel security to help him open the safe in his room, after which he gave her $1,000 from it. He told police he woke up hours later with his watch missing from his wrist.

The next day, Richards began speaking with an undercover Metro officer at a different Strip property when she began telling him about prostitution. She was later arrested for prostitution-related charges, an arrest report said.

Police said Richards lives in Baltimore. She posted bond and her next court date was scheduled for January.

https://www.8newsnow.com/investigators/las-vegas-police-woman-who-stole-hid-rolex-inside-genitals-was-in-town-for-court-on-similar-theft-charge/

Red Rock Canyon update:

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Fees for entering the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area just outside of Las Vegas are about to go up, according to the Bureau of Land Management.

Currently, the daily entry fee for Red Rock Canyon is $15 per vehicle. As of January 1, 2023, this is going up $5 to $20 per vehicle. Other fees are also increasing in the new year.

The entry fee for bicycles will increase from $5 to $8. Camping fees are also increasing. It will soon be $12 for walk-in campsites, up from $10, and $80 for group campsites, up from $60. The fee for a Red Rock Canyon Annual Support Pass will increase to $50 per year, up from $30. Fees will not increase for pedestrians and motorcycles.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/fee-increase-coming-at-red-rock-canyon/

Booked a trip for January 19-22. Staying at Cosmopolitan for first time. Going for wife’s birthday. We have been to Vegas several times, but this is our first trip just us two. 

Obviously this is a surly poors question, which means I probably can’t afford it. How do you guys get rooms with good views and whatnot?

Edited by YoungCounty

Booked a trip for January 19-22. Staying at Cosmopolitan for first time. Going for wife’s birthday. We have been to Vegas several times, but this is our first trip just us two. 

Obviously this is a surly poors question, which means I probably can’t afford it. How do you guys get rooms with good views and whatnot?

Ask nicely when you check in. Tell them first time to stay at Cosmo, it’s your wife’s birthday, and are there any options available for an awesome Strip view room? Fold up a $20 and set on the counter partially under your hand and say I’d be glad to offer this gratuity if you can find us a nice room. If the hotel isn’t fully booked you have a good chance of that working.

12-mile backup visible for holiday travelers leaving Las Vegas for California

Christmas_I15BACKUP.jpg?w=821&h=610&crop=1

A 12-mile backup was seen Monday afternoon on I-15 south to California as travelers left Las Vegas after the Christmas holiday, according to RTC Southern Nevada.

“12-mile backup Jean thru NV-CA stateline. Plan for long delays,” a tweet from RTC read around 12:20 p.m.

The traffic was one of several headaches for holiday travelers over the last few days, both in Las Vegas and nationwide.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in Vegas the rest of the week for CES.   How busy will the restaurants be?  Will we need to make reservations every night?

Hope you made reservations or you will be at Fatburger. All decent places in hotels or stand-alone favorites will be packed 6-9. If you like Japanese food take a look at 888 Japanese bbq. All you can eat sushi and Japanese favorites.

Headed there in April for two nights for the first time in a long time, staying at the Encore. Planning on dinner at Sinatra and either SW or Delilah. Any strong lunch recommendations in Wynn/Encore or within easy walking distance?  Bar preferences in the hotel (more quiet cocktail, less nightclub)?  

1 hour ago, EdTomBell said:

Headed there in April for two nights for the first time in a long time, staying at the Encore. Planning on dinner at Sinatra and either SW or Delilah. Any strong lunch recommendations in Wynn/Encore or within easy walking distance?  Bar preferences in the hotel (more quiet cocktail, less nightclub)?  

Highly recommend the Peppermill two blocks same side of the Strip north of the Encore. It has been a go-to place for our Vegas group for 20 years (although I haven’t been there for 5 years)…but it isn’t cheap.

https://www.peppermilllasvegas.com

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1

For your quieter bar preference inside the hotel, I’m not really well versed with those options but if you wanted to check out Resorts World which is an easy walk from Encore they have one of those Speakeasy type “secret” bars that has good cocktails with a decent venue. Link to find it below.

Also over at Palazzo (easy walk next to Wynn) there is a new restaurant that has a separate bar/lounge area that makes great cocktails in a quieter environment. Place is called Wakuda.

All the restaurants inside Wynn/Encore are solid. For lunch I’d enjoy the Terrace PointeCafe and sit outside if the weather is nice. For quintessential Vegas, walk over to the Peppermill.

https://cbonthego.com/how-to-find-the-hidden-speakeasy-bar-at-resorts-world/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2