Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure which thread to put this on.  It's a succinct examination of Republican motivations and behavior.  If one of you could use the magic de-Twitter-threader, I'd appreciate it.

That's quite a thread.

26 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure which thread to put this on.  It's a succinct examination of Republican motivations and behavior.  If one of you could use the magic de-Twitter-threader, I'd appreciate it.

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Add it to the GQP thread (not gonna steal your thunder)

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Couldn't have hit the bullseye more perfectly.  The super-short version of that is this:

Frank Wilhoit: “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

That's it.  Republicans (a proxy for the dominant social group -- white folks) don't have to follow any laws.....but they sure as shit get to make all kinds of laws that everyone else better follow, or else the armed agents of the state (back the blue!) will put you down like a stray dog.  "He shoulda just followed the law and obeyed their orders!" ring a bell?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

laws that bind you and order that protects us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Sometimes I wonder if Tucker laughs his ass off at the kind of bullshit he manufactures and that he gets paid extremely well for it.  This is one of those times.

Why won't women stop men from becoming mass shooters?

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Sometimes I wonder if Tucker laughs his ass off at the kind of bullshit he manufactures and that he gets paid extremely well for it.  This is one of those times.

At my kids' high school, the nurses amd counselors weren't allowed to hand out any drug, even OTC products like aspirin, Tylenol, or Benadryl.  It didn't matter if I gave  permission . . . nope.

I think Tucker might be fibbing.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

At my kids' high school, the nurses amd counselors weren't allowed to hand out any drug, even OTC products like aspirin, Tylenol, or Benadryl.  It didn't matter if I gave  permission . . . nope.

When she was in HS, my daughter's car got flagged by a drug dog in the school parking lot because she had a bottle of ibuprofen in the glove box.  They called her out of class over the PA system.  And they confiscated the bottle.  

• Rage+1 1

When she was in HS, my daughter's car got flagged by a drug dog in the school parking lot because she had a bottle of ibuprofen in the glove box.  They called her out of class over the PA system.  And they confiscated the bottle.  
This happened to my daughter a few years ago. She had a packet of Advil from an emergency kit in her car. Drug dogs reacted to her car as they were working the parking lot.

Proceeded to pull her out of class to open the car for a search. Ripped off the back of the front passenger seat b/c they thought she was smuggling hidden drugs.

The wife and I tore into the principal (who we are good friends with) on the idiocy of tearing apart a car.

6 hours ago, troph said:

But he’s not wrong about teens and video games, pot and heavy use of script meds in my opinion. 

When following Tucker, it’s safe to assume that even when he is right about something, he’s only making the point to deflect or distract from some horror or cruelty he supports. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Texas doesn't require school districts to have RNs on staff.  They typically do (probably multiple) once they get big enough, but with no RN employed your district policies are going to vary.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Can the school do that without a warrant?

36 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Texas doesn't require school districts to have RNs on staff.  They typically do (probably multiple) once they get big enough, but with no RN employed your district policies are going to vary.

She's an RN -- she has a BS in Nursing from UT and a Master's in Nursing from UCSF.  Whether that bestows the magic credentials required to hand out an aspirin is not for me to say.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Can the school do that without a warrant?

Have done for decades. Any cars you put in their lots and anything you put in their lockers are fair game for dogs. Then a dog reaction gives PC. Lockers they can open on their own with master keys without your knowledge. Cars they come and get you but you either consent or they get a warrant using the dog reaction. 

mid-90s high schooler here. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

She's an RN -- she has a BS in Nursing from UT and a Master's in Nursing from UCSF.  Whether that bestows the magic credentials required to hand out an aspirin is not for me to say.

It's usually the other way around.  The schools without RNs are a lot more laxed.  Districts with RNs typically go overboard on regulations because it's their licenses on the line, and they don't want to deal with it.  Especially at the elementary level it's insane how many teachers just send a kid to the nurse for no reason.  Not that they aren't qualified to hand out OTC, but before they can they have to know stuff they'd been given at home.  It's just easier to get rid of that step because they aren't reaching many parents in a timely fashion.  No school is passing out controlled substances like candy, but they may have severely lacking security measures.  Plenty pass out OTC shit, but they shouldn't.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Wait, we’re training drug dogs to sniff out ibuprofen now?

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Have done for decades. Any cars you put in their lots and anything you put in their lockers are fair game for dogs. Then a dog reaction gives PC. Lockers they can open on their own with master keys without your knowledge. Cars they come and get you but you either consent or they get a warrant using the dog reaction. 

Understood-- I knew the lockers were fair game I guess I just thought your own personal car fell out of scope of the school's autonomy to search and seize. So what happens when you complain about getting your seats and dashboard torn over to look for lurid RX's which turned out to be legally prescribed? I'm assuming you got an apology and a shoulder shrug?

When following Tucker, it’s safe to assume that even when he is right about something, he’s only making the point to deflect or distract from some horror or cruelty he supports. 

It’s personal for Tucker. He was manly enough to overcome his addiction.
538427d37545141d56ea14a8e110f63f.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

They searched my shit several times in the mid 90s. Never found shit because it was well hidden bitches. They did confiscate my work pocket knife from my work belt, next to the framing hammer-clowns

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Wait, we’re training drug dogs to sniff out ibuprofen now?

i assume these are just the high-school level dogs.  maybe some community college.  to sniff out cocaine and heroin, the dogs need to attend a 4 year university or maybe even some post graduate studies.  the drug dog hierarchy is real.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

In case that link doesn’t work

FXCDpsRUsAAm8Lu?format=jpg&name=large

I'm actually outraged. 

Is this all you got, you smirking traitor? I'm not the man I was, but it would be a pleasure to cuff this smug cunt around the room. 

I think of all the times I've read shit from Peggy Noonan or some other loon proclaiming that conservatives' problem is that their too darn polite and nice. It's hard to see how a woman who cares about women could follow this shit. I guess they don't.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is this all you got, you smirking traitor? I'm not the man I was, but it would be a pleasure to cuff this smug cunt around the room. 

It’s just good old fashioned ageism and misogyny.  Meanwhile, Trump will never be seen in anything more revealing than an ill-made polo shirt and slacks.  And a wristwatch that is too small.