Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

20 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/08/white-house-tucker-carlson-jan-6-coverage-00086077

"Carlson responded to McConnell and other Republicans on his program Tuesday night, contending that they “outed themselves” as siding with Democrats against him in a state of “panic” and “hysteria."  “If you want to know who’s actually aligned, despite the illusion of partisanship, we found out today,” Carlson said on his show.

Outed themselves as critical thinkers who live in reality based world? that kind of outed?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I recommend everyone watch both of these, even if you've seen the second one before. The gaslighting going in in regards to all of 1/6 in general but Babbit specifically is off the charts. 

Like if you heard sooner fans every day for the last five months say "We don't really know what happened during the last Texas/OU game because there weren't cameras there. I think OU actually won."

uh, hard pass

14 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’m an Aggie

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952k09r6ojhmmuqfogmqu

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Nivek said:

My guess is that Christians are the biggest reason for the decline.   Who wants to be associated with a crowd of frauds who wield religion like a cudgel?

Good point. There’s a reason somebody composed the hymn, “Lord I Want to be a Christian In My Heart”

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I see @GW Hayduke negged my post. Maybe they would like to explain their stance and why they want to be on the wrong side of history. 

Because the police weren’t being complicit. That is just a dumb narrative pushed by Tucker Carlson, right wing trolls, and those gullible to their propaganda. 

The fake kids at Sandy Hook did January 6. Pretty convenient that there's no video of it. Hmm. You know why there's no video of it? Because those kids never existed, you idiot. I have video evidence of all the videos that don't exist. Checkmate. 

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Because the police weren’t being complicit. That is just a dumb narrative pushed by Tucker Carlson, right wing trolls, and those gullible to their propaganda. 

so the hours of video of the cops showing people around and even leading them into the chambers and not out the doors is somehow not complicit? look, I'm not a natural cop hater - I fall somewhere in the middle - but every officer in and around that building who was not doing everything they could to get people out and secure the perimeter failed our country that day. saying otherwise is an injustice to those who did try to fight back and protect our capitol. 

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Most recent A&M grads that I know (last 10 years or so) can't stand TexAgs and the loons that post on the politics board. Whole lotta 2%ers in CS these days.

God, I hope that the Texags politics forum participants aren't a representative sample of their graduates.

Because a lot of their threads - threads that feel like CONSENSUS opinions over there - it's unimaginable to me that they could be written by people who went to school past the 8th grade.  Or by people who have ever had a single friend or family from a marginalized group who they loved, and whose humanity they recognized and were willing to defend.

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Paul Wesley said:

God, I hope that the Texags politics forum isn't a representative sample of their graduates.

Because a lot of their threads - threads that feel like CONSENSUS opinions over there - it's unimaginable to me that they could be written by people who went to school past the 8th grade.  Or by people who have ever had a single friend or family from a marginalized group who they loved, and whose humanity they recognized and were willing to defend.

I'm  convinced that a lot of the posters on that site are just trolls and edge lords and love getting a rise out of people so they skirt boundaries of what's acceptable and see how far they can take things. there are true believers too, but I just don't think they're as prolific as that site would allege. then again, there's a reason I avoid that part of the world. you just never really know

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so the hours of video of the cops showing people around and even leading them into the chambers and not out the doors is somehow not complicit? look, I'm not a natural cop hater - I fall somewhere in the middle - but every officer in and around that building who was not doing everything they could to get people out and secure the perimeter failed our country that day. saying otherwise is an injustice to those who did try to fight back and protect our capitol. 

Yes. Those videos of cops intertwined with the protestors, the videos of cops opening barriers, etc. is not evidence of complicity.  

Those videos are used by propagandists (Tucker, Twitter trolls) to make it look like they are complicit and to sow discord and division. 

Barriers were opened and abandoned when protestors had breached behind the barriers. There isn’t a point in battling protestors if they can just walk around.  It would have been extraordinarily dangerous to try and do that. Once an area had been breached, once a part of the capital was breached, the cops were outnumbered and all they could do was keep the peace - I.e., be present and wait for the clear out activities to commence.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Yes. Those videos of cops intertwined with the protestors, the videos of cops opening barriers, etc. is not evidence of complicity.  

Those videos are used by propagandists (Tucker, Twitter trolls) to make it look like they are complicit and to sow discord and division. 

Barriers were opened and abandoned when protestors had breached behind the barriers. There isn’t a point in battling protestors if they can just walk around.  It would have been extraordinarily dangerous to try and do that. Once an area had been breached, once a part of the capital was breached, the cops were outnumbered and all they could do was keep the peace - I.e., be present and wait for the clear out activities to commence.  

Tucker’s whole schtick is that all these kind people just wanted to see the Capitol and express their concerns. They couldn’t know they were doing anything wrong because the nice po-po weren’t cracking skulls. Which is all bullshit because you don’t have to break windows if you’re a tourist. 

Capitol Police were outnumbered and underarmed. By the time there were thousands of assholes inside the Capitol the best play was to chill out. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I just hope all this bickering doesn't lead to some crazed GQP fans turning their guns on the the Tuckers, Murdochs, et al.; instead of Black shopping markets, LGBTQ night clubs, and immigrant communities. That would be a tremendous tragedy.

• Like 4
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’m an Aggie, I used to think TexAgs was the most toxic sewer in all of college sports online. Then someone posted a link to TigerDroppings and they were all taking about how pretty and smart MTG is. 

christian-bale-confused.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

God, I hope that the Texags politics forum participants aren't a representative sample of their graduates.

I do not think you get it.  They are of the opinion they are the most oppressed people out there, they are the real Texans, they are the real Americans.  They want to feel like they are the victims.  Because by being a victim, you can justify a whole lot of ugly unconscionable behavior.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Get him, guys! He's a witch!

Unpopular opinion, but I know quite a few decent aggys.  A lot of the people from my HS that went to eaTme were more reliably liberal than those that went to UT, all as a matter of backlash, in my opinion (UT students commonly assaulted with some of the more absurd aspects of liberal politics, aggy assaulted with absurd aspects of conservative politics).

They do have an unfortunate demographic trend toward the smaller-town, more rural types, which is going to account for a lot of "bad bull" (or "good bull" depending on perspective).  And traditionalist types, which includes a lot of aggy, are going to trend conservative.   But trending conservative and accepting this kind of bullshit are worlds apart.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

The fake kids at Sandy Hook did January 6. Pretty convenient that there's no video of it. Hmm. You know why there's no video of it? Because those kids never existed, you idiot. I have video evidence of all the videos that don't exist. Checkmate. 

Now that you mention it, I watched the first half of the Zapruder film last night and it was completely peaceful.  People were smiling and waiving and appeared to be having a good time.  I am really starting to doubt those people who keep pushing the narrative that Kennedy was assassinated. They only want you to see the negative and divide this country.  What is their agenda?  Who is paying them to lie?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I do not think you get it.  They are of the opinion they are the most oppressed people out there, they are the real Texans, they are the real Americans.  They want to feel like they are the victims.  Because by being a victim, you can justify a whole lot of ugly unconscionable behavior.   

It doesn't justify any of it, even from actual victims.

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

It doesn't justify any of it, even from actual victims.

Maybe if I say the Nazi's told the Germans that they were the victim ( of the Jews.)  and you read the post again you will understand what I meant.    

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’m an Aggie, I used to think TexAgs was the most toxic sewer in all of college sports online. Then someone posted a link to TigerDroppings and they were all taking about how pretty and smart MTG is. 

It’s actually worse than Texags. Is that possible?

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

.   But trending conservative and accepting this kind of bullshit are worlds apart.

I’m not so sure. If the right demagogue can provoke reasonable people to be afraid and threatened by a perceived loss of privilege of any kind, reasonable people will vote for Dan Patrick and Donald Trump

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

USED to be worlds apart.

It's currently lost to the world, certainly the US, but I think there's room for a brand of conservative politics that bears no resemblance whatsoever to GQP shitgoblins and Trump.  First, you'd get rid of the culture war.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's currently lost to the world, certainly the US, but I think there's room for a brand of conservative politics that bears no resemblance whatsoever to GQP shitgoblins and Trump.  First, you'd get rid of the culture war.

Oh for sure. It’s just a fucking pipe dream right now. About 500 other things have to happen first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

It’s actually worse than Texags. Is that possible?

The fact that TexAgs and TigerDroppings/SECRAnt all allowed/embraced the Qanon bullshit speaks volumes about how many idiots they have in their fanbases and how they aren't ashamed to be idiots in a public setting.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Q-stuff on TexAgs and other boards is a good example of how failed moderating and allowing a crazy consensus to form can lead to a total sewer.  On TexAgs first they have the Q-Anon nuts their own thread where any criticism would be punished and then the crazy just spread and crowded out anything else. They actually locked and deleted the thread eventually but now the whole board is Q. 

I got banned over there for saying Sidney Powell is like if Paula Deen and Jack Nicholson as the Joker had a baby. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The Q-stuff on TexAgs and other boards is a good example of how failed moderating and allowing a crazy consensus to form can lead to a total sewer.  On TexAgs first they have the Q-Anon nuts their own thread where any criticism would be punished and then the crazy just spread and crowded out anything else. They actually locked and deleted the thread eventually but now the whole board is Q. 

I got banned over there for saying Sidney Powell is like if Paula Deen and Jack Nicholson as the Joker had a baby. 

It's not helped that the Qanon fucks suffer from a martyr complex, even though they brought it on themselves by posting and believing in stupid shit. They never stopped to ask why they got ran off of reddit, etc.  

For a group that claims to be all about questioning authority and researching everything, none of them ever stopped to ask themselves why, if Oprah Winfrey or Tom Hanks were trafficking kids for their fluids for some kind of anti-aging bullshit, did Oprah and Hanks look like, oh, you know, their actual ages.  Or why JFK would (or could) have stayed hidden all these years if he wasn't assassinated.  

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They never stopped to ask why they got ran off of reddit, etc.  

This is along the same lines of a question I have about the Rs in general and specifically the ones who believe the election was "stolen". 

How is it that none of them have thought, "hmm, what is more likely?  That the Dems and the Deep State are involved in a massive conspiracy to steal the election, or that maybe, just maybe, a bunch of people think we are assholes and don't want to vote for our candidates?"

Like, how do they not understand that acting like a fucking asshole isn't a way to gain votes?

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's not helped that the Qanon fucks suffer from a martyr complex, even though they brought it on themselves by posting and believing in stupid shit. They never stopped to ask why they got ran off of reddit, etc.  

For a group that claims to be all about questioning authority and researching everything, none of them ever stopped to ask themselves why, if Oprah Winfrey or Tom Hanks were trafficking kids for their fluids for some kind of anti-aging bullshit, did Oprah and Hanks look like, oh, you know, their actual ages.  Or why JFK would (or could) have stayed hidden all these years if he wasn't assassinated.  

Quoted for martyrdom. That Trump line— “I am your retribution”— tailor made for these chuckleheads. Let’s not forget that the core of Q was/is Trump stepping in and doing a mass roundup with vengeance of Hilary, Bill Gates, all the baddies. 

I keep coming back to it but this stuff is so, so similar to the scary level of grievance I saw in Pakistan. A deep sense of anger that the world was better for other people. A deep belief that their particular brand of Islam was of course perfect and so if things weren’t working then it had to be the fault of nefarious forces. Complete fabulist stories, usually about America and the Jews but sometimes djinn. And a refusal to ask if maybe they source of many of their problems was, you know, them. 

But in their defense, the U.S. government really was sometimes launching missiles into their weddings and funerals. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is along the same lines of a question I have about the Rs in general and specifically the ones who believe the election was "stolen". 

How is it that none of them have thought, "hmm, what is more likely?  That the Dems and the Deep State are involved in a massive conspiracy to steal the election, or that maybe, just maybe, a bunch of people think we are assholes and don't want to vote for our candidates?"

Like, how do they not understand that acting like a fucking asshole isn't a way to gain votes?

Assholes don't have the ability (or desire) to realize that they are being assholes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Paul Rudd is orchestrating the misdirection.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Seriously?  Because that's why they're voting for the people they're voting for.

Of course.  I guess it's just the lack of any kind of introspection whatsoever that boggles my mind.  I'm giving them too much credit, I know.

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So you have been to the DT board 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

So you have been to the DT board 

The interesting thing about boards such as Texags, TigerDroppings and the like, is they don’t allow honest engagement of the racist and hateful ideas that are allowed to take center stage in their platforms. They reflexively ban the liberals they pose questions to, knowing all the while no one is allowed to challenge them.