Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

It is our duty now to begin to lay the plans and determine the strategy for the winning of a lasting peace and the establishment of an American standard of living higher than ever before known. We cannot be content, no matter how high that general standard of living may be, if some fraction of our people—whether it be one-third or one-fifth or one-tenth- is ill-fed, ill-clothed, ill housed, and insecure.

This Republic had its beginning, and grew to its present strength, under the protection of certain inalienable political rights—among them the right of free speech, free press, free worship, trial by jury, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. They were our rights to life and liberty.

As our Nation has grown in size and stature, however—as our industrial economy expanded—these political rights proved inadequate to assure us equality in the pursuit of happiness.

We have come to a clear realization of the fact that true individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. "Necessitous men are not free men." People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made.

In our day these economic truths have become accepted as self-evident. We have accepted, so to speak, a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all regardless of station, race, or creed.

Among these are:

• The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the Nation;
  • The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;
  • The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;
  • The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;
  • The right of every family to a decent home;
  • The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;
  • The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;
  • The right to a good education.

All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

America's own rightful place in the world depends in large part upon how fully these and similar rights have been carried into practice for our citizens. For unless there is security here at home there cannot be lasting peace in the world.

One of the great American industrialists of our day—a man who has rendered yeoman service to his country in this crisis-recently emphasized the grave dangers of "rightist reaction" in this Nation. All clear-thinking businessmen share his concern. Indeed, if such reaction should develop—if history were to repeat itself and we were to return to the so-called "normalcy" of the 1920's—then it is certain that even though we shall have conquered our enemies on the battlefields abroad, we shall have yielded to the spirit of Fascism here at home.

From FDR's Eleventh State of the Union Address, January 11th, 1944

whoops GIF

Edited by safe sex

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Nobody would be talking about “wokeness” if America were as white as that. 

Rockwell got all civil-rightsy in the 1960s, most of the people who hang his works don’t choose those.  “The Problem We All Live With” is incredibly powerful, I won’t post it here due to the shocking language but….you should go read about it.

https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/resources-for-educators/classroom-resources/media-and-interactives/media/visual-arts/norman-rockwell--the-problem-we-all-live-with/

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Rockwell got all civil-rightsy in the 1960s, most of the people who hang his works don’t choose those.  “The Problem We All Live With” is incredibly powerful, I won’t post it here due to the shocking language but….you should go read about it.

https://www.kennedy-center.org/education/resources-for-educators/classroom-resources/media-and-interactives/media/visual-arts/norman-rockwell--the-problem-we-all-live-with/

I’m very familiar with Rockwell’s work. I was talking specifically about the paintings presented in that meme. And though there was diversity presented in Rockwell’s work, that part of his work isn’t represented in the Norman Rockwell perception of America how it “used to be” in the minds of the anti-woke “America First” crowd who long to return to an imaginary time when all families lived like Ward, June, Wally, and Beaver Cleaver.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Foosters said:

This helps too:

If someone gave you a billion dollars and you spent $1,000 each day, you would be spending for about 2,740 years before you went broke.

If someone gave me a billion dollars, I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Bookman said:

If someone gave me a billion dollars, I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities.

Samir, you're missing the point. The point is you're supposed to work out what you . . . PC Load Letter?  What the fuck does that mean?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bookman said:

supposedly a production assistant pointed out to Mike Judge that Samir was basically saying the same thing twice---that he'd be investing all of into global equities, same part of the asset allocation model whether it's a fund or individual issues.  Which inspired Mike to  more aggressively research things before writing which is why Silicon Valley nailed every fucking detail about startups and VC.  It's why you don't bring piss to a shit fight. 

Which is what Tucker Carlson is.  Piss.  At a shit fight.  And his viewers can't wait to lick up the mess.  

Have to admit, morbidly curious to see how many follow him to his new platform.  

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/tucker-carlson-fox-news-abby-grossberg.html

c201895ee011ff08ea58eec55fbc64bda3-tucke

Tucker Carlson opened a new front in the battle against his old employer this week when he announced he’ll be hosting his own show on … Twitter? “The news you consume is a lie,” he said in a cheerfully ominous three-minute promo video he tweeted out, possibly in violation of his contract with Fox. “What’s it like to work in a system like that? After more than 30 years, we could tell you stories.”

A fog of war has descended over Fox News and the star it nurtured, then spit out. He’s hunkered down with his producer Justin Wells, who was dismissed the same day as Carlson, April 24. Last week, the pair persuaded two more Fox colleagues to come help them do … whatever it is they are now doing.

Meanwhile, back on the 20th floor of Fox’s midtown headquarters, the many young people who worked for Carlson and Wells must now fend for themselves. “There are lots of tears and fears on the team right now,” says one. “We feel like we’re out there by ourselves, just trying to survive really.” No one at Fox has explained to them why their bosses were actually pushed.

Lacking information, they’ve all become a bit paranoid. Who’s pulling the strings here? Who has been un-redacting Carlson’s creepy text messages for the Daily Beast and the New York Times? How does Fox’s nemesis, the left-wing watchdog Media Matters for America, keep obtaining hot-mic clips from their show? Could it all be part of some plan hatched from within Fox to smear Carlson and kick him while he’s down?

His erstwhile staff is running around 1211 Sixth Avenue like Anthony Perkins in The Trial, seeing sinister plots and shadowy characters behind every door and down every hallway. Lurking just out of sight, as always, is Fox’s longtime communications chief, Irena Briganti, for whom Carlson and his MAGA allies are now openly gunning.

There’s also Abby Grossberg. She arrived on Carlson’s team last summer and has since filed a lawsuit alleging that the show was a hostile workplace seething with misogyny and antisemitism. Staffers who were basically anonymous now have their names and photos in The Daily Mail, while Grossberg has become a hero to the very people she — and they —were paid to troll nightly in their programming: the liberal media. “We’ve always felt that there are spies on us in the building,” says one still employed there who, like other conspiracy-minded people I spoke to, wondered aloud if Grossberg was somehow a “plant.”

Spoiler

It’s a sign of just how on-edge Team Carlson feels now that they are no longer in Murdoch’s favor. “The viciousness of Fox News is on full display,” says another Carlson loyalist. “They try to crush whoever leaves, whether it’s on good terms, bad terms, or, in this case, terms that nobody quite understands.”

And yet, curiously, in each new clip that dribbles out, Carlson happens to be caught saying things his audience would hardly find objectionable. (The latest has him trashing people who use pronouns in their bio and liberals inside Fox. “Roger would never put up with this shit …”) So, as another theory out there goes, could it all actually somehow be coming from … Carlson’s side? Is it a sophisticated scheme to signal something to his once and presumably future viewers, all while keeping his ex-employer on the defensive?

Paranoia, conspiracy, and character assassination — it’s like watching an hour of Tucker Carlson Tonight. And what an entertaining spectacle it is: The people who for years happily put out prime time’s most poisonous program never thought they would end up on this side of it.

Tucker Carlson Tonight debuted in November of 2016. It became at times more a political project than a news or even opinion program. Carlson wanted to change the Republican party. His populist rodomontades hit anyone — especially those he saw as RINOs — who strayed from his agenda, even President Trump. Carlson would often espouse ideas — about Ukraine and globalism, among other things — that were antithetical to those of the Wall Street Journal editorial page, which basically speaks for the Republican donor class. Some of Carlson’s views went so far around the bend they appealed to the left wing. (See Glenn Greenwald, among others.)

In its early days, the show’s worldview was crafted by not only its host, but a small number of right-wing true-believer researchers, particularly those based in the Washington, D.C., office. Some had followed Carlson to Fox from the Daily Caller, the website he co-founded and once ran. (One such person, Blake Neff, who wrote for Carlson, resigned in 2020 after his pseudonymous racist musings on a message board came to light.)

But not everyone was a crusader. In fact, most at Fox aren’t all that conservative. They’re just people who wanted to work in TV, and this is where they ended up. The New York office is full of people who grew up in Long Island and New Jersey and who graduated from, say, Hofstra.

Carlson’s show was not the most diverse place, racially, but it was run by gay men. His top two producers, Wells and Alex McCaskill, are married to other men. Several of the bookers and producers working for the 8 p.m. hour of Fox with whom I spoke mostly just see themselves as talented TV-makers whose jobs — what they were hired to do by their boss, who knows his audience better than anyone — were to stand their ground against invidious wokeness, one mocking segment at a time. “We live in Brooklyn,” says one staffer. “We’re hip, normal people who have very normal lives.”

If you ask these allegedly hip, normal Brooklyn dwellers how they think about working for someone who says that immigrants make “our country poorer and dirtier,” peddled pernicious tales about January 6, and has opinions about “how white men fight,” their explanations go something like this: Those clips that go viral on Twitter are always taken out of context … He’s speaking for half the country, whether you agree with it or not … free speech blah blah blah. And so what if the Times publishes an 18,000 word treatise laying out how the program they work on each night “may be the most racist show in the history of cable news”? The New York Times calls everything racist! They hate America and Christmas, football and the Fourth of July! 

Some realize such rationalizations aren’t always compelling. “I can’t tell you the number of friends I’ve lost over the years,” says one. But, says another, “everyone wants to bring him down and it makes you feel like, No, we’re in this together.”

And so the Carlson crew got tight. They would go drinking many nights at the Elgin, a whiskey bar on West 48th Street, and they liked their guy, even admired him, for being a success, a fearless truth-teller, and a good boss. He was, to much of America, a sneering parody of a mean, privileged prep-school man-child; to his staff, he was generous, an un-diva who never yelled and often sent attaboy emails.

In 2018, activists swarmed Carlson’s house in Washington while his wife was home, spray-painting an anarchy symbol on the driveway. Carlson left D.C. for good; from then on, he filmed his show from his home studios in rural Maine and on Florida’s Gulf Coast. Certain staffers would make trips to those homes. Carlson’s work family became close with his own family. It was all humming along pleasantly, and inside Fox, Tucker Carlson Tonight became a show people wanted to work on.

One such person was Abby Grossberg. She had worked at CBS, CNN, NBC and ABC before landing at Sunday Morning Futures With Maria Bartiromo in 2019. That show, more than Carlson’s — perhaps more than any other on Fox News — pushed brazen election conspiracies, which means that Grossberg had to book guests like Rudy Giuliani (her emails appear in the Dominion discovery).

After Grossberg wasn’t promoted, she applied to work on Tucker Carlson Tonight. On July 19, she was hired at $145,000, which was, according to her suit, “significantly less” than the salary of a male in a similar role. In September, she was deposed in the Dominion suit. Afterward, she told her new co-workers how she had “protected” Carlson when his name came up. They celebrated by ordering in lunch to the office. (Grossberg’s suit contends that she felt pressured by the company to give misleading testimony; Fox has vehemently denied that.)

The staff recall that, in those early days, she seemed to like the vibes at the show. They say she was included in social gatherings, like the time they all went for drinks at Empire Rooftop on the Upper West Side. Grossberg’s suit, though, tells how she “quickly learned” that the show was a place “where unprofessionalism reigned supreme.”

A whole host of Fox executives and lowly Carlson staffers are mentioned in the lawsuit, but her primary villains are Wells and McCaskill, the two producers. Depending on your reading of the suit, the two come off as prurient misogynists or gossipy gay men making shady, jokingly inappropriate comments. Grossberg details their “blown up photographs of Nancy Pelosi in a plunging bathing suit revealing her cleavage,” their japery about testicle-tanning and Kelly Clarkson’s weight, and the time the pair asked her if it’s really true that Bartiromo was “fucking” Kevin McCarthy. None of it was PC, but that’s what Carlson’s staff liked about their workplace — they seemed to think they could speak and behave in a manner just as uninhibited as their boss did on air each night. Turns out that when you work for a publicly traded company with an infamous history of treating women badly, you can’t.

I asked Grossberg’s attorney, Parisis Filippatos, about all of this. He declined to make his client available for an interview but said, “every single fact that we assert in our pleadings is absolutely substantiated and correct. We stand by every word.” He later called me an “idiot” and said, “It’s not my job to teach you how to write a true and accurate story.”

Grossberg’s suit hit at the right time, with Fox already on the back foot thanks to the Dominion lawsuit. She’s appeared on Anderson Cooper 360°, had a power-victim portrait taken by the Times, and told MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace that Carlson and Wells made “my life a living hell.” Those sympathetic to Carlson and his staff are especially outraged that her lawsuit is being pointed to in media reports as a reason for why the host had to go.

The Grossberg episode seems yet another way in which Carlson’s staff are now having their own playbook wielded against them. The very people she’s gone after would gleefully book any partisan, no matter how questionable their credentials, so long as they were willing to sing in tune. “She’s very convenient,” admits one person mentioned in her suit. “Look, it’s a juicy headline, a Tucker producer saying Tucker people are horrible. Who isn’t going to book that person? But we’re not allowed to defend ourselves, and we feel like we’re pariahs and villains and like we’re never going to get jobs again.”

Fox paid Dominion $787 million to avoid a public trial, only to then be dragged into another — the one against their former No. 1 star. His allies are now flaming the network. “I’m with Tucker,” Brett Favre tweeted this week to the MAGA masses. “Time to boycott Fox until they come to their senses.” Megyn Kelly said her audience now refers to the network as #Foxweiser. Donald Trump Jr. tweeted that he’s “heard from a few of my friends at Fox News that the leftist executives running things are pissed at me for calling them out over firing Tucker and to ‘expect retaliation.’”

Fox’s Briganti, the comms chief, is the company’s arch-defender. She’s been there since the dawn of time (otherwise known as 1996, the year Fox launched). Back then, Fox was a smaller, scrappier operation. Briganti learned PR guerrilla warfare under its founder, Roger Ailes, and his lieutenant Brian Lewis. In 2013, Ailes turned on Lewis, suspecting him of leaking to Gabriel Sherman. Briganti took his place and later managed to hang on as Ailes himself went down. She now serves Ailes’s successor, CEO Suzanne Scott. “She’s a shadowy figure,” one top producer at Fox says of Briganti. “I’ve never actually seen her. I only hear about her.”

“She’s trusted with a lot of sensitive things,” says one exec at Fox. “It takes a while to get to the inner circle here, and she’s sort of built it.”

“Fox News staffers live in fear of Briganti and that’s by design,” Kelly said in a report in Rolling Stone this week. “They know she will plant negative stories about them.” (Briganti has continued to deny this.) That report detailed how Carlson had tried to get Briganti fired in 2020 for being meddlesome.

Carlson regards Briganti as the mongoose regards the cobra. She’s whom he referred to as a “cunt” in a message turned up in the Dominion discovery. Things were so bad between the two that another executive, Raj Shah, was assigned to Carlson as a go-between.

She seems a proxy for his rage at Fox management, which he is rattling perhaps in the hope that they will finally just let him wriggle free from his contract. Carlson’s umbrage at Briganti and her tactics is all a bit rich, considering he’s long been known for his strategic relationships with the so-called mainstream media. (See Ben Smith’s 2021 Times column calling him a journalist’s “best source.”)

Ultimately, trying to see anything clearly amid this fog of war is a hilarious exercise. Everyone involved in this story succeeded in part through their paranoid worldview. That’s what it means to work at Fox: Watch your back, it’s us against them. Sometimes, though, the “us” and the “them” can change rather abruptly. Ailes designed it to be that way, and the place hasn’t changed that much. People there think everybody — including, sometimes, their own co-workers — is out to get them, and usually, they’re kind of right. The network seems now like it’s on wartime footing, but it’s always on wartime footing.

And the show must go on. When ex-Trump White House flack Kayleigh McEnany announced on Twitter that she would anchor the 8 p.m. hour for the week, irate viewers swarmed. (Top reply: “Will you be talking about the horribly unchristian way that Fox has treated the good man whose slot you’re so honored to usurp?”) The ratings are down by 50 percent, and the network is understandably quite concerned. They’re putting executives on the record to gush about how advertisers have at last returned to the tainted hour now that Carlson has been banished.

The large staff Carlson had to leave behind (beyond the prime-time show, there was his Fox Nation streaming show and a documentary unit) is bracing for more of what the network has told them will be “restructurings.” Some have already been let go. “We have to work for a show that is not what we signed on for,” says one who remains.

What comes next? It depends whom you ask and what their agenda is, of which there are many when it comes to the wily players in this tale. To quote Carlson’s Twitter promo this week: “Facts have been withheld on purpose, along with proportion and perspective. You are being manipulated.”

• Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

“Look, it’s a juicy headline, a Tucker producer saying Tucker people are horrible. Who isn’t going to book that person? But we’re not allowed to defend ourselves, and we feel like we’re pariahs and villains and like we’re never going to get jobs again.”

I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/tucker-carlson-fox-news-exit-dominion-lawsuit-twitter-show-1235613404/

The mystery surrounding Tucker Carlson’s ouster from the airwaves at Fox News — and his future plans in media — are coming into sharper focus.

On April 26, Carlson spoke by phone with one of Fox Corp.’s eight board members, who told the host that his recent benching was a condition of Fox News’ settlement with Dominion Voting Systems, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the conversation.

The unnamed board member told Carlson that the condition does not appear in any of the settlement’s documents, and instead was a verbal agreement. If Fox didn’t comply, the settlement was off, Carlson was told. Dominion had plenty of leverage given that the $787.5 million deal to settle Dominion’s defamation suit against the network wouldn’t officially close until late-May.

If Dominion opted to blow up the deal, Fox would return to square one on settlement talks or potentially subject the Murdoch family empire to a jury trial that would undoubtedly expose more embarrassing details about the operation of Fox News and fallout from its 2020 president election coverage. Unlike Sean Hannity, Jeanine Pirro and Maria Bartiromo, Carlson wasn’t a key player in the suit that claimed Fox News repeatedly and knowingly aired false claims about the company with regards to the 2020 U.S. presidential election.

But Dominion was looking for the best way to maim the conservative news network, and forcing Fox News to cut ties with the most-watched personality in cable news would deal a potentially insurmountable blow and lead to a viewer exodus, according to Carlson’s understanding.

“That condition was intended to hurt Fox, and Tucker is just collateral damage,” says a source familiar with the matter. “Dominion wanted to punish Fox, and it’s working.”

Dominion and Fox Corp. both strongly dispute that the decision to take Carlson off the air was directly linked to the settlement.

“As the Fox principals who negotiated the settlement well know, Dominion made no demands about Tucker Carlson’s employment orally or in writing,” Dominion said in a statement. “Any claims otherwise are categorically false and a thinly veiled effort to further damage Dominion. Fox should take every effort to stop these lies immediately.

Spoiler

Still, the speculation about Dominion and Carlson has spread. Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, inserted himself into the drama on May 13 when he called out Dominion’s alleged role in Carlson’s removal from the airwaves. “I am happy that Dominion does not operate in Texas, and I don’t think that they should do so in the future,” Abbott tweeted. “We may disagree with other’s positions, but we should never try to improperly silence views contrary to our own.” (In 2020, Texas rejected the use of Dominion software.) Some other Republican governors are expected to follow Abbot’s lead.

Amid a standoff with Fox — technically still Carlson’s employer given that the network has not terminated his employment — the polarizing but popular anchor is poised to launch a show on Twitter within the month, two knowledgeable sources say. With “Tucker Carlson Tonight” senior executive producer Justin Wells on board, Team Carlson is working as quickly as possible to post his debut show from his home in Maine, where he has a full production studio.

If Fox tries to prevent Carlson from launching the show on the social media platform, where he enjoys a following of 7.5 million, the host is prepared to litigate or “watch the network implode attempting to challenge free speech,” says one of the sources. As the battle plays out, Fox is continuing to pay Carlson, an enormously influential voice in conservative politics, his $20 million annual salary.

After learning that he was being sidelined on April 24, Carlson hired high-powered Hollywood attorney Bryan Freedman for the contract dispute. Freedman — whose other media clients include Don Lemon (ousted by CNN on the same day as the Carlson-Fox split), Megyn Kelly, Chris Cuomo and Tiffany Cross — is well known as the lawyer you retain when you are ready to go to war with a media giant. As such, Freedman sent a letter to Fox on May 9 saying Fox employees, including “Rupert Murdoch himself,” broke promises to Carlson “intentionally and with reckless disregard for the truth.” (A source says Fox has not yet responded to the letter.)

The attorney, who forced NBC News to pay Kelly $69 million after she was fired in 2019, has made it clear to Fox that its cabler breached Carlson’s contract by pulling him from his top-rated 8 p.m. slot, and now he is free to do what he wants. (Carlson’s contract expires in January 2025.) Freedman declined to comment for this story but recently told Axios: “The idea that anyone is going to silence Tucker and prevent him from speaking to his audience is beyond preposterous.”

Following the split, embarrassing Carlson text messages leaked to various media outlets, the worst being a missive in which he expressed mixed feelings about three Donald Trump supporters beating up on an Antifa activist during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, 2021. “Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight,” he wrote. The text messages were part of Dominion legal filings, and unredacted versions were not available to the public. One of the sources says Carlson believes the leaks came from either Fox or Dominion.

But the leaks may play to Carlson’s advantage. If Fox tries to cite Carlson’s text messages as cause for firing, it will open a Pandora’s box given that other popular anchors the network is trying to hold onto are said to have embarrassing text exchanges that would surface in any Carlson litigation, negating the point of Fox paying nearly $800 million to make the Dominion suit go away.

Carlson’s Twitter move could have additional reverberations with talent at the network. A handful of Fox anchors have reached out to Carlson directly or had their surrogates contact him to say they are eager to join whatever venture he starts on Twitter when their contracts are up, according to sources.

Twitter owner Elon Musk stressed that Carlson does not have a deal with the social media giant. “[W]e have not signed a deal of any kind whatsoever,” he recently tweeted. “Tucker is subject to the same rules & rewards of all content creators.” As for how Carlson could monetize his mega following on Twitter, Musk also recently detailed how any such arrangement would work, noting that the company will take nothing the first year and then 10% on content subscriptions thereafter. Ever since Carlson interviewed Musk in mid-April, the two have been in constant communication, says a source familiar with their dealings. (Perhaps surprisingly, Carlson has been texting with recently ousted CNN anchor Lemon and also has been in talks with Kelly to appear as a guest on her titular SiriusXM show.) As for Carlson’s relationship with his former bosses, that source says he still has some affection for Lachlan Murdoch and doesn’t blame the scion for being sidelined.

Meanwhile, Dominion may not have been the only entity looking for Carlson’s removal from the airwaves. Semafor recently reported that both Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch held separate calls with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy this spring, leaving open the possibility that Carlson’s benching may be related. But a source in contact with the Ukrainian leader threw cold water on the idea of Zelenskyy lobbying the Murdochs to cut ties with the anchor who has been skeptical of the U.S. sending billions of dollars in weaponry to Ukraine.

“Zelenskyy knows who Tucker is and is aware of him, but that’s it,” the Zelenskyy source says. “He definitely likes Hannity better.”

20 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Freedman sent a letter to Fox on May 9 saying Fox employees, including “Rupert Murdoch himself,” broke promises to Carlson “intentionally and with reckless disregard for the truth.” (A source says Fox has not yet responded to the letter.)

“intentionally and with reckless disregard for the truth” might not be the best term to use in Tucker's defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

yeah that's the spoils of war, Tucker producer.  You shouldn't have been out there slinging propaganda if you were worried about a future career.  Fuck off and starve for all I care.

Same shit that has come out of Hope Hicks' and other Trump-WH staffers -- oh, I'm so sorry that you can't get a DC job after working for the worst piece of shit American of my lifetime.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 12:43 PM, safe sex said:

Billionaires existing, especially at the level that we have, is a moral failure

90% tax rate on billionaires, yesterday.

I’ve already offered my idea on a staggered tax rate, culminating in 90% for the the highest earners. Had that tax structure been in place the past several decades, we wouldn’t be wasting tax dollars subsidizing public debt.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2023 at 3:52 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Norman Rockwell would be a woke lib in 2023.

image.thumb.jpeg.7d03dba0e92bc3d331932c9333c75cc5.jpeg

Norman Rockwell was a Lib. He quit doing Saturday Evening Post covers because they wouldn’t let him paint about Civil Rights. 

Edited by Brandywine
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I hadn’t heard this before, but makes some sense, no?

Amid proliferating speculation about why Carlson was fired, Variety recently reportedthat a Fox board member told Carlson his firing was a condition of the Dominion settlement.

“The unnamed board member told Carlson that the condition does not appear in any of the settlement’s documents, and instead was a verbal agreement,” Variety said.

“If Fox didn’t comply, the settlement was off, Carlson was told. Dominion

I've wondered if he met somebody, because a lot of people who met her mysteriously side with Russia.
636675951749248934-EPA-RUSSIA-USA-ESPIONAGE-BUTINA.1.jpg?width=1200&disable=upscale&format=pjpg&auto=webp
I said it at the time, but she was the perfect honey pot for the NRA. Way hotter than anything those dorks ever pulled in thier life, but homely enough for them to think they had a real chance and she actually liked/was horny for taticool cargo shorts.
90% tax rate on billionaires, yesterday.
I’ve already offered my idea on a staggered tax rate, culminating in 90% for the the highest earners. Had that tax structure been in place the past several decades, we wouldn’t be wasting tax dollars subsidizing public debt.
They used to donate massive amounts out of some sense of fairness...
  • Hook 'Em 1

Tucker:  This UFO story is the STORY OF THE MILLENNIUM! He’s telling the truth! 

Also Tucker: I’m not going to talk about the story of the millennium until 7 minutes into my Twitter video, after I get done ranting about Zelenskyy and 9/11 and Epstein. 

8 hours ago, Born to Run said:

I said it at the time, but she was the perfect honey pot for the NRA. Way hotter than anything those dorks ever pulled in thier life, but homely enough for them to think they had a real chance and she actually liked/was horny for taticool cargo shorts.They used to donate massive amounts out of some sense of fairness...

Wouldn't the billionaires simply move someplace where hey don't have to pay taxes? I mean one of the advantages of being a billionaire is it you have enough money to do that kind of stuff.

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wouldn't the billionaires simply move someplace where hey don't have to pay taxes? I mean one of the advantages of being a billionaire is it you have enough money to do that kind of stuff.

I think the US taxes you regardless of where you live. You could renounce your citizenship, I guess.

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Carlson has been leveraging allies, such as former NFL quarterback Brett Favre, to put pressure on the network to let him out of his contract.

Tucker: "Hey Brett can you please put in a good word with Fox and see if I can get out of my contact?"

Brett: "Sure" Sends dick pic to Lachlan 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I think the US taxes you regardless of where you live. You could renounce your citizenship, I guess.

If you’re worth more than $2 million, you pay tax on your unrealized gains on the way out.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Tucker: "Hey Brett can you please put in a good word with Fox and see if I can get out of my contact?"

Brett: "Sure" Sends dick pic to Lachlan 

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Brett: Listen, Murdoch, I have powerful friends!  See who this is in my contact list?  That’s right, THE assistant director of health and human services in the State of Mississippi.   We’re talking the big time, pal.  Deep pockets.  But if you cross us, well, don’t ever think about vacationing in Gulfport, no sir!  

I’m shocked that didn’t work.

I’ve gotta say, I remember Brett Favre’s playoff performance after his father died where he went ape shit. It was a special sports performance that was chilling, and one of the many examples of how sports can really be transcendent. 

Sucks that moment was ruined by learning that Favre is an embezzling, racist pos who sends pics of his dick to any and everyone. Fuck that fucker.  

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

In all seriousness, I’m still amazed sometimes at how interchangeable Fox News hosts and right wing pundits are in general.   Tucker is going to be an absolute nothing now, just like O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly before him.  They were just the wind up dolls who filled the right chair in the right time slot.

The audience doesn’t even actually like any of these people - except Trump and probably Limbaugh, because they’re insult comics who provide more entertainment sizzle to the typical red meat.   What a weird fucking political ecosystem and way to choose to spend your time.

The audience doesn’t care who shovels the victimhood dopamine into the feed trough 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’ve gotta say, I remember Brett Favre’s playoff performance after his father died where he went ape shit. It was a special sports performance that was chilling, and one of the many examples of how sports can really be transcendent. 

Sucks that moment was ruined by learning that Favre is an embezzling, racist pos who sends pics of his dick to any and everyone. Fuck that fucker.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3