Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

His middle initials are S&M?  
Seriously? 
Do people not vet initials anymore?  

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought, "there's no way he knew who Dan White was growing up on the East Coast.  He just heard it was some ultra-right movement and thought it'd stir some shit up to join the club."  Nope, Tucker was born and raised in San Francisco where the murders happened.  So I'm guessing her heard about it sometime growing up.  What the fuck Tucker?  People expect you to hate gays, but to have "pro-genocide of gays" belief systems from the time you were a kid is not gonna fly all that well even with your psychotic base.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Seriously? 

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and thought, "there's no way he knew who Dan White was growing up on the East Coast.  He just heard it was some ultra-right movement and thought it'd stir some shit up to join the club."  Nope, Tucker was born and raised in San Francisco where the murders happened.  So I'm guessing her heard about it sometime growing up.  What the fuck Tucker?  People expect you to hate gays, but to have "pro-genocide of gays" belief systems from the time you were a kid is not gonna fly all that well even with your psychotic base.  

200.gif

On 4/20/2021 at 10:58 PM, Satchel said:

Fucker Carlson is a troll.

You know... I thought that for a long time. He's too smart to actually believe the shit he's saying, I thought; he's just cashing in on the rubes. But lately I'm starting to think he really believes his schtick. Maybe I overestimated his intelligence.

Last night I happened to be scrolling through the programming and stopped on Tucker's show. Whatever, I'll check out a minute, see how long I last.

Not long.

He is sitting there with the typical 'huh' face on as Stephen Fucking Miller, with a straight face no less, is ranting about conditions in migrant facilities, how illegal immigrants are staying there courtesy of our tax dollars, and how his legal organization is going to go after them and...get this... he pauses and quickly says 'and we're a nonpartisan group' and proceeds right back into his airing of grievances. I don't think Tucker's face moved once until Miller finished.

Miller has been auditioning for this role since he was in high school and watching someone display such visceral loathing is just too much, so I changed the channel. The slums and tenements of NYC when we had wave upon wave of immigrants fleeing horrific conditions: pogroms, famines, war; and while there was not the same safety net back then, why would we return to that, when it is shown to create more crime, more misery, more disease, and more decay?

We must work to beat back this rush of hate and vitriol before it overwhelms us.

Playing to his idiot base:

Popular and controversial Fox News host Tucker Carlson criticized American colleges and the mainstream media, saying "everyone should opt out" of higher education and that he "really" hates journalists today.

Tucker Carlson wearing a suit and tie: Fox News host Tucker Carlson said he discourage all four of his children from attending college in an interview published on Friday. In this photo, Carlson discusses 'Populism and the Right' during the National Review Institute's Ideas Summit at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in March 29, 2019 in Washington, D.C.© Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images Fox News host Tucker Carlson said he discourage all four of his children from attending college in an interview published on Friday. In this photo, Carlson discusses 'Populism and the Right' during the National Review Institute's Ideas Summit at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in March 29, 2019 in Washington, D.C.
Carlson's remarks came in an wide-ranging interview with OutKick, a largely sports-focused media company, published on Friday. The Fox News host is one of the network's most highly rated personalities, regularly drawing in millions of viewers.

In the interview, Carlson railed against the higher education system in the country, explaining that he urged all four of his children not to attend college—but they did anyway.

"There is this idea that college improves your worth. Where is the evidence of that? I'm sure that hard sciences do. If you're an engineer or you are in medical school, you would learn discrete information, actual facts that you can use and that you need to know in order to join the profession that you want to join. But for kids like me who go in for liberal arts education, I believe it diminishes you," Carlson told the site.

The Fox News host explained that he "pushed" his children not to attend college, but said they all disregarded his advice. "I told them, 'I'll take the money we're gonna spend in college—we were blessed to have, we saved money for them—and figure out something more interesting to do with this.' But, to my shame, all of them went."

He added that "everyone should opt out, except people with very specific goals. I don't believe in the system at all."

When it comes to the media and journalism in America today, Carlson argued that journalists are going about it all wrong.

"Journalism should always be upward. We should be doing the tough stories on the people with the most power. Jeff Bezos should be subjected to some intense scrutiny since he's the richest man in the world," Carlson said.

He claimed that there's "no scrutiny" of Bezos.

"I just can't overstate how disgusted I am, not simply by the details of the lying of the medium, but disgusted by the emphasis. The media is basically Praetorian Guard for the ruling class, the bodyguards for Jeff Bezos. That's the opposite of what we should have," the Fox News host told the site.

"I really hate them for it, I'll be honest," he added.

It's unclear why Carlson doesn't believe the media scrutinizes Bezos. Amazon, the company founded by the ultra-billionaire, routinely gets negative press coverage as workers and union activists complain about what they view as subpar working conditions and poor labor practices. Bezos also faces significant criticism for his immense wealth (his net worth currently hovers just below $200 billion), with Democratic and Republican lawmakers alike raising concerns about the growing power and influence he holds. Other billionaires and big tech companies—such as Facebook and Twitter—have faced similar criticism.

Carlson routinely faces backlash over his controversial commentary. Some companies have chosen to remove their ads from his show due to remarks he's made in the past. But the Fox News host continues to be one of the most popular television personalities in the country. Carlson's nightly show Tucker Carlson Tonight was the No. 1 cable news program in the country in March. It was the second highest-rated on cable news last year, following Fox News' other popular evening program hosted by Sean Hannity.

Newsweek reached out to Fox News for comment, but did not immediately receive a response.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:05 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Last night I happened to be scrolling through the programming and stopped on Tucker's show. Whatever, I'll check out a minute, see how long I last.

Not long.

He is sitting there with the typical 'huh' face on as Stephen Fucking Miller, with a straight face no less, is ranting about conditions in migrant facilities, how illegal immigrants are staying there courtesy of our tax dollars, and how his legal organization is going to go after them and...get this... he pauses and quickly says 'and we're a nonpartisan group' and proceeds right back into his airing of grievances. I don't think Tucker's face moved once until Miller finished.

Miller has been auditioning for this role since he was in high school and watching someone display such visceral loathing is just too much, so I changed the channel. The slums and tenements of NYC when we had wave upon wave of immigrants fleeing horrific conditions: pogroms, famines, war; and while there was not the same safety net back then, why would we return to that, when it is shown to create more crime, more misery, more disease, and more decay?

We must work to beat back this rush of hate and vitriol before it overwhelms us.

Miller is the light bulb head version of Goebbels.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:40 AM, Lobo said:

Seriously? 

Tucker Swanson McNeal Carlson

[quote]Most roasters chose to pick on Carlson’s expired habit of wearing bow ties, but comedian Hari Kondabolu instead targeted Carlson’s name: Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson. “Is that your actual name, or [is it] four defendants in a fraternity rape trial?”

[/quote]

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

57 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Wow. These guys are desperate. I don’t think I’ve seen a clip from him worse than that.  Remember a few days a when he was psychotically laughing at the guy who disagreed with him about the Chauvin conviction. The right seems to be spiraling right now. There must be internal poll numbers out there with bad news.  

55 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

For the life of me, I cannot understand the motivation behind this kind of stupid shit.  

Tucker’s audience is always looking for new and exciting ways to be an even bigger asshole. That’s all. It’s asshole training 

• Hook 'Em 3

Plenty of right-wing loonies were pretending to look for a fight so they could whip out whatever firearm or sidearm they have to compensate for small dicks, bragging on social media about how prepared they were for the apocalypse, civil war, whatever, how they could "take care" of those limp-wristed liberals pussies.

In reality, all it took was a little piece of cloth and closing down Chili's and they lose their fucking minds and curl up in the fetal position.

Friendly reminder that @Macklemoreis well-known Tucker Carlson fellator, Icono, who has expressed multiple times that he hopes Tucker will run for president in 2024 but who has also mysteriously disappeared from making the rounds since being called out as the motherfucking liar he is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

They got to get this nutjob off the air.   He’s far crazier at this point than Glenn Beck ever was.  Granted, Tucker probably knows exactly what he’s doing and is cynically trolling people whereas Beck might have actually believed it all, but that doesn’t really matter.  

There it is.  Thank you, he is far nuttier than Beck was before leaving Fox.  And Beck would put some  crazy shit on his chalkboards.  But Beck wasn’t pushing his followers to commit felonies.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Between this and Santorum pretending that Native Americans don't exist just proved without any question that right wing media is all about being as big an asshole as possible. It has nothing at all to do with politics or patriotism, it's seeing how many people you can piss off. That is the badge of honor among the gop talking heads. It is abundantly clear. Some parent is going to get hassled by child protective services because of this idiot and people will get seriously injured or die if anyone takes this shit too far. It's not "cancel culture" to call for stuff like this to be taken off the air. It's inciting violence based on intentionally false premise. That is a crime.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

There it is.  Thank you, he is far nuttier than Beck was before leaving Fox.  And Beck would put some  crazy shit on his chalkboards.  But Beck wasn’t pushing his followers to commit felonies.  

Now - imagine a masked Asian child meets angry Cletus and Loretta.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Between this and Santorum pretending that Native Americans don't exist just proved without any question that right wing media is all about being as big an asshole as possible. It has nothing at all to do with politics or patriotism, it's seeing how many people you can piss off. That is the badge of honor among the gop talking heads. It is abundantly clear. Some parent is going to get hassled by child protective services because of this idiot and people will get seriously injured or die if anyone takes this shit too far. It's not "cancel culture" to call for stuff like this to be taken off the air. It's inciting violence based on intentionally false premise. That is a crime.

It's also rich that the supposed "law and order" people who blame black men shot by police for selling cigarettes illegally or having a warrant as deserving of being shot because they're criminals, inciting their followers to harass people for teaching their kids to obey mask mandates.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Well what else could it be about? It's not like they have an actual intellectual compass. It's not like they have a moral compass. It's not like they literally promote an ideology. Their entire function is to parrot talking points proposed by an entity that is, as Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein put it, "an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition."

There's no ideology behind that. There's no intellectual principle behind that. It's kinda like what Hitchens said about Ayn Rand's absurd notion of "objectivism:" There are some ideas that need no further reinforcement. But you can't run a 24-hour "news" station by having the first guy on and say "guys, remember: be a giant dick and piss off liberals," so they have to spend the next 23 hours, 59 minutes and 55 seconds of the day coming up with bizarre stories and explanations that show how supercoolawesome they think they fucking are.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

"Your mask is making me uncomfortable."

It's hilarious that these are the same people who once loved to call people snowflakes and tell them to go to their safe space.

these are also the same people who are going to show up on video getting in people's faces shouting about masks and hurling personal insults, but then if the person stands up to them, they'll start shouting "put your hands on me, i fucking dare you to touch me, bro."

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Beck wasn’t working at Fox News when Trump was President/took over the Republican Party. Don’t sell him short. 

5 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

"Your mask is making me uncomfortable."

It's hilarious that these are the same people who once loved to call people snowflakes and tell them to go to their safe space.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

these are also the same people who are going to show up on video getting in people's faces shouting about masks and hurling personal insults, but then if the person stands up to them, they'll start shouting "put your hands on me, i fucking dare you to touch me, bro."

Apparently, for these people, Chili's and SuperCuts are their safe spaces.  Deny them access to those places, and they lose their shit.

Like a lot of us said last year, for all of the thousands of dollars the preppers spent on Jim Bakker's Bucket-O-Mashed-Potatoes, underground bunkers, tactical gear, IBA, ammo stockpiles, years' worth of toilet paper, etc., they were ultimately defeated by a piece of fucking fabric on the face, haircuts, and a lack of access to Chili's appetizers.  

These people should have thrived during a global pandemic, since that was one of the cornerstones of the whole prepping philosophy (next to nuclear war, civil war, zombies, and the Sinaloa Cartel or MS-13 moving into the neighborhood).

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Apparently, for these people, Chili's and SuperCuts are their safe spaces.  Deny them access to those places, and they lose their shit.

Like a lot of us said last year, for all of the thousands of dollars the preppers spent on Jim Bakker's Bucket-O-Mashed-Potatoes, underground bunkers, tactical gear, IBA, ammo stockpiles, years' worth of toilet paper, etc., they were ultimately defeated by a piece of fucking fabric on the face, haircuts, and a lack of access to Chili's appetizers.  

These people should have thrived during a global pandemic, since that was one of the cornerstones of the whole prepping philosophy (next to nuclear war, civil war, zombies, and the Sinaloa Cartel or MS-13 moving into the neighborhood).

i'm not completely free until i can put on tactical gear and walk around my statehouse with an assault rifle and threaten to kidnap my governor.

that said, i would kill for a chicken ranch sandwich from chili's right now.  the closest one is like 45 minutes away.

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Seriously.  These survivalists seem like they suck at surviving.

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

Friendly reminder that @Macklemoreis well-known Tucker Carlson fellator, Icono, who has expressed multiple times that he hopes Tucker will run for president in 2024 but who has also mysteriously disappeared from making the rounds since being called out as the motherfucking liar he is.

You need help.  

7 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You need help.  

In what way?

You lied about not being Iconoclast. And, as Iconoclast, you previously requested the mods take away your posting privileges in the Cloak Room and, yet, here you are. Besides, you think Tucker Carlson would be a good president, and you pine for a monarchy in America. Moreover, you expressed a desire to man the wall at our southern border so that you could shoot (with rubber bullets) asylum seekers and other refugees while still claiming to be a Christian. Mind you, this is a religion founded by a refugee himself, and he even told a nice story about a good Samaritan helping a stranger.

Don't worry - I won't get into all the other stuff from your past.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

In what way?

You lied about not being Iconoclast. And, as Iconoclast, you previously requested the mods take away your posting privileges in the Cloak Room and, yet, here you are. Besides, you think Tucker Carlson would be a good president, and you pine for a monarchy in America. Moreover, you expressed a desire to man the wall at our southern border so that you could shoot (with rubber bullets) asylum seekers and other refugees while still claiming to be a Christian. Mind you, this is a religion founded by a refugee himself, and he even told a nice story about a good Samaritan helping a stranger.

Don't worry - I won't get into all the other stuff from your past.

I have made a handful of posts in the CR during my entire time here and have regretted it each time. In none of my posts during the less than a year I have been here have I advocated for Tucker to be President or state that I want to shoot refugees. I have an appreciation for the British monarchy and the reasons that I have cited in support are backed by history and writers like George Orwell. They aren’t unique ideas from that poster.  I don’t want to be dragged into this cesspool. That you’re trying to goad me to post here is why you need help.  

Edited by Macklemore

6 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I have made a handful of posts in the CR during my entire time here and have regretted it each time. I don’t want to be dragged into this cesspool. That you’re trying to goad me to post here is why you need help.  

That's on you for responding. Also, I wouldn't have done it if you wouldn't have lied so blatantly about your identity.