Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

I saw a couple of references to ball tanning in another thread or two, and thought great, I've missed the creation of another surly legend, like mattress weighing or pegging tabs left open when posting a screenshot. I wondered what thread ball tanning first appeared in. Now I know, but I should've known to look here first.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I saw a couple of references to ball tanning in another thread or two, and thought great, I've missed the creation of another surly legend, like mattress weighing or pegging tabs left open when posting a screenshot. I wondered what thread ball tanning first appeared in. Now I know, but I should've known to look here first.

It's so on-brand for the GOP.

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

What's the mattress weighing story?

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

What's the mattress weighing story?

IIRC, in a thread about buying beds or mattresses, Lobo pointed out (very possibly as the product of an urban legend) that mattresses accumulate some obscene amount of weight in dead skin and dried sweat (and other fluids) in a relatively short amount of time and that people should buy mattresses more often.

Which prompted some asshole to start talking about weighing their mattresses with their matttress scale.

What starts here changes the world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

IIRC, in a thread about buying beds or mattresses, Lobo pointed out (very possibly as the product of an urban legend) that mattresses accumulate some obscene amount of weight in dead skin and dried sweat (and other fluids) in a relatively short amount of time and that people should buy mattresses more often.

Which prompted some asshole to start talking about weighing their mattresses with their matttress scale.

Pretty sure it was Lobo himself (wasn’t he Cruiser then or something?) who started talking about utilizing the mattress scale.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

You are leaving out the part that in order to get an accurate reading, you needed to weigh it while on a treadmill.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You are leaving out the part that in order to get an accurate reading, you needed to weigh it while on a treadmill.

But it won't take off from the treadmill, unless the lift to drag ratio is over tree fiddy. 

Edited by Pods

I don’t think this exactly news, but…

https://www.thewrap.com/tucker-carlson-most-racist-show-new-york-times/

Tucker Carlson’s Fox News program “may be the most racist show in the history of cable news — and also, by some measures, the most successful,” according to a New York Times series published Saturday.

Investigative reporter Nicholas Confessore’s three-part series “American Nationalist” investigates how the right-wing host seized upon the “white fear” and white nationalism stoked by the Trump administration to rack up ratings.

The series begins with selections from Carlson’s “encyclopedia of provocations,” citing his remarks about immigrants, Black Lives Matter protesters and refugees. It also dives into his ardent defense of the insurrectionists who attacked the U.S. Capitol, as well as Vladimir Putin throughout Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

cross post with war thread

What an insanely petty take. We helped create a stalemate with the hope of making unprovoked invasion of a sovereign nation a longterm mistake for Russia. Regime change sounds cool, but it's a coin flip that could make things even worse.

Tucker's continued decent into insanity makes me thankful for my FIL's death 15 months ago. Because I can't imagine how toxic family gatherings would be today with his Fox-ified brain.

So thankful that when we set the MIL up in her new place after his death she only had me program the local channels, Food Network, HGTV and TCM into her favorites. No Fox News.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, he solved the case.  Joe Biden is behind Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.  Feeble, demented old Joe.  Man, was I duped.

nope. It’s the cabal of transgender comy  militant lesbian Soros Jew dems who CONTROL Joe.

Edited by Dnaguy

I don't want to upset Tucker Carlson, but it doesn't take a lot of "research" to debunk his claim that Karine Jean Pierre was hired as press secretary merely because she was in the "black LGBTQ+" group.

I mean, the piece opens with a photo of KJP standing next to Jen Psaki, who is a white (not black) straight (not lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer/questioning) cis (not transgender) plus (anything else) married woman.

Does FOX News have editors?  

Don't answer that.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/tucker-carlson-hunter-biden-university-application-b2084057.html

funny story.  Emails found on the hunter Biden laptop show that tucker Carlson asked hunter to write a rec letter to Georgetown for his son (who apparently ended up at uva), then thanked him for writing it, back in 2014. 
and when he was asked about the emails now, he says they are Russian disinformation. 

so apparently there is disinformation on the laptop, but not any of the stuff about Biden. 

I hope Georgetown can pull up buckley’s application and confirm that a rec letter from hunter is present. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/2/2022 at 8:10 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Tucker's continued decent into insanity makes me thankful for my FIL's death 15 months ago. Because I can't imagine how toxic family gatherings would be today with his Fox-ified brain.

So thankful that when we set the MIL up in her new place after his death she only had me program the local channels, Food Network, HGTV and TCM into her favorites. No Fox News.

Last time I was at my dad's place, he wasn't getting any ESPN channels or any regional sports network.  You turned on his TV and it came on to Fox News.  So I got on the phone with Directv, upgraded him to the full sports pack and paid a $500 credit so that he wouldn't whine about being on a fixed income when the bill came.  I hope it works.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1