Loro -Franklin and Cole’s Asian Smokehouse

Forty Acres

I went to the sxsw opening. great space, super interesting fusion of heavy meat highlights on light asian fare... but to be honest, the "asian" portion of the dishes were more interesting and tastier than the meat sides of them. Tyson cole is pretty fuckin special.

Edited by Bottlecap
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

I went to the sxsw opening. great space, super interesting fusion of heavy meat highlights on light asian fare... but to be honest, the "asian" portion of the dishes were more interesting and tastier than the meat sides of them. Tyson cole is pretty fuckin special.

I'm intrigued by this new place, but not surprised by your comment. I love smoked meats, but the smoke only allows so much room for creativity. Asian cuisine is much more wide ranging in flavor profiles and potential ingredients. Also agree that Tyson Cole is a badass.

Edited by MidTexHorn

Bram Tripp is the Executive there. Bram has some serious chops and was most recently the Executive at Pit Room in Houston. He helped open Pit Room and is largely responsible for their TM Top 50 ranking. I'll be making a trip to Austin to check out his work at Loro very soon.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2018 at 5:06 PM, ChampKind said:

Bram Tripp is the Executive there. Bram has some serious chops and was most recently the Executive at Pit Room in Houston. He helped open Pit Room and is largely responsible for their TM Top 50 ranking. I'll be making a trip to Austin to check out his work at Loro very soon.

Does it bother you that his name is 'Bram?'