NFL coaching carousel thread

Machinator

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Good grief. Hue is arguably the worst HC in NFL history. He's terrible. Bungles would be stupid to hire him. 

Marvin Lewis had a good run, but nobody survives three straight losing seasons. 

Vance Joseph is the first HC in Broncos history to have consecutive losing seasons. He should never have been hired. 

interesting to see Kubiak's name out there - if he can coach again he needs to come back to Denver. 

this. out come the SJW idiots.  NFL coaches are hired to be fired.  you hire more black head coaches you will fire more black head coaches.  they all just happened to suck in the same year after multiple years of trying to get it right.  Joseph to me was more about questionable in game decisions and roster mgmt vs. record.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yep he needs to make sure someone is really ready to hire him.  he's a good college coach but likely a rooney rule move by the Jets.

Wait, what?  I don't think Matt belongs to an ethnic minority.

Still bad new for us...it's easy to rationalize to yourself that Matt would only leave for tOSU, ND or Michigan.  But if most NFL teams come calling, he's gone.  That includes his beloved Cleveland Browns.  Of course he'd be a fan of fucking Browns...

1 hour ago, SnowAggy said:

Wait, what?  I don't think Matt belongs to an ethnic minority.

Still bad new for us...it's easy to rationalize to yourself that Matt would only leave for tOSU, ND or Michigan.  But if most NFL teams come calling, he's gone.  That includes his beloved Cleveland Browns.  Of course he'd be a fan of fucking Browns...

I'm going to guess he is not 100% anglo american but I could definitely be wrong.

The guy is a good coach and has a pretty good pedigree.  I'm certainly not saying they would only be interviewing him because of that.  he has limited time as a college HC so he may think he's not ready or its not his thing right now.

Edited by dcar00

Just now, Brothahorn said:

Maybe you meant Dino from Syracuse, who will get 'Rooney' interviews. I'm not saying he can't do the job. I'm saying he is not ready for that big of a leap.

Dino is a  good coach. he's paid his dues but unfortunately, even though he is older, he doesn't have enough success at syracuse yet

Just now, Snacks said:

Why shouldn't Jacksonville go after Lincoln Riley as OC? Their offense is a cluster. He'd improve the playcalling and probably get them to have a decent QB for the first time since Mark Brunnell

Who was the last college coach to do well in the NFL? Was it Jimmy (Barry does not count because Jimmy and ousux)? Probably obvious one I forget, but Schiano failed.

2 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Why shouldn't Jacksonville go after Lincoln Riley as OC? Their offense is a cluster. He'd improve the playcalling and probably get them to have a decent QB for the first time since Mark Brunnell.

At this point they should go after anyone lol. But as LR why even entertain going somewhere with a shitty ass QB?

38 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Why shouldn't Jacksonville go after Lincoln Riley as OC? Their offense is a cluster. He'd improve the playcalling and probably get them to have a decent QB for the first time since Mark Brunnell.

LR is getting NFL head coach calls, he's not going anywhere to be an OC.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

this cant seriously be real.

this fuck has done nothing other than be the QB coach when Johnny Manziel won the heisman. 

his only stint as a HC was a pretty bad failure, and the only reason he lasted 5 years at Tech instead of 4 is because we went full retard with 5 mins left in our game with them gifting them a 6th victory. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

this fuck has done nothing other than be the QB coach when Johnny Manziel won the heisman. 

his only stint as a HC was a pretty bad failure, and the only reason he lasted 5 years at Tech instead of 4 is because we went full retard with 5 mins left in our game with them gifting them a 6th victory. 

Spot on.

21 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

He's getting a lot of credit for developing Mahomes, Manziel, and at lest some influence with Keenum and Mayfield. The NFL recycles useless NFL HCs, why not recycle a useless college HC.

• Like 1

Because he's pretty.

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That would be hilarious. Vance would be similarly underwhelming with less chance of a spectacular flameout.

That Hue is even getting an interview is just stunning.  But Mike Brown has a rep for being a skinflint and maybe he figures he can get Hue on the cheap, what with the Browns still paying Hue's salary (I think).

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Baylor friends reporting that apparently the Jets are at least considering interviewing Matt Rhule. Has done a nice job, but he strikes me about as far from an NFL coach as you can get.

He interviewed with the Colts last offseason. He's gunning for an NFL job and I think he'll get it one of these years, though not this soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

They along with the Detroit Lions have the worst ownership in the NFL. It does not get any worse than these two teams. They are so inept and everything they touch turns to shit.

This was true 10 years ago. Not anymore. Woody Johnson's replacement is much better, as is Martha Ford.

Worst ownership is probably Snyder and Mike Brown.

• Machinator changed the title to NFL coaching carousel thread