NFL coaching carousel thread

Machinator

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They still have that Mack guy

What the fuck Jon Gruden???

Fangio had the Bears playing great D last year before they added Mack. He is, or was til now, the best DC in the NFL. The Bears defense will still be good, but this is a big loss for them. Fangio's mixed zone coverages are a huge part of their success beyond just the personnel. 

15 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

why the fuck would Arizona get anything for another team hiring a coach they fired?  contract or not, you fired the guy and I am pretty sure Florida is a right to work state, so how the fuck could you enforce some sort of non-compete clause?

there have been numerous examples in the last 10 years where a nfl coach was fired and hired by another nfl team without the newly hiring team having to give anything for the rights to the coach

They didn’t fire Arians. He retired. Technically still under contract.

18 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, I don't care, I'd rather be Arizona trying something new with a fresh face than Tampa Bay hiring from the NFL unemployment line.

I would agree with you if it were another coach, but Arians IMO is as good as it gets. Who knows if Winston will ever be a good NFL qb, but Arians track record would say it he can’t do it with him, it’s never gonna happen. Great hire 

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Overall record in college 36-40.. about coach bro tier.. one level above hue jackson.

Not that I think Rhule is some slam dunk hire, but judging him based on a record that is heavily weighted by the dumpster fire he inherited in Waco seems a bit superficial.

If Gase hadn't relied on a fucking tranny to part time QB the Dolphins he may have done better.  That defense wasn't terrible but they couldn't stay off the fucking field.  Can't imagine why.  Matt Moore wasn't the answer but he was a whole helluva lot more of an answer than a gotdamn real life WR playing QB on TV.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Arians is a loser? He turned geriatric Carson Palmer into a playoff QB.

Winston sucks. He's thrown over 70 INT's since he's been in the league. He's a turnover machine. Palmer was always a decent qb, Winston not so much. Ryan Fitzpatrick took his job, let that sink in. And you think Arians is going to fix Winston? Lol, ok. 

• Machinator changed the title to NFL coaching carousel thread