NFL coaching carousel thread

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I know he has Herbert but that is a tad premature. Tons of injuries there. Shit Doug Marrone got four years. The NFL must really believe there is a great crop of candidates out there. 

Lynn was a Charlie Strong-level game manager. The Chargers needed to do this now before Herbert improves enough to win despite the coaching.

• Hook 'Em 1

Eric Bieniemy: Chiefs’ OC Eric Bieniemy is doing Zoom interviews with the Lions and Falcons today tweets Adam Schefter. 

Detroit Lions: The Lions plan to interview Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy today, interim head coach Darrell Bevell on Tuesday, and 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh on Thursday with Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith and Saints assistant head coach Dan Campbell expected to interview next week, Albert Breer tweets.

Terry Fontenot: Saints VP / assistant general manager for pro personnel Terry Fontenot is scheduled to interview for two GM jobs this week. He’ll interview with the Lions on Tuesday and the Falcons on Wednesday, Albert Breer tweets.

Matt Eberflus: Colts’ defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus has been asked to interview for head coaching jobs with the Jets and Texans Tom Pelissero shares.

9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

For those of you who thought UM would not take the Cowboys job because Jerry is too involved. He would have and still would take that job if it opened up today

Welll Shad Khan has done a bang up job with the franchise so far. Khan!!!!! 

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Well he did manage to get Burrow killed...

I think part of the thinking may be if Burrow misses significant time next year as part of his recovery and they end up with another top 5 pick, they can use Taylor as the sacrificial lamb maybe? Idk, totally spitballing on that

1 minute ago, GTX Horn said:

I think part of the thinking may be if Burrow misses significant time next year as part of his recovery and they end up with another top 5 pick, they can use Taylor as the sacrificial lamb maybe? Idk, totally spitballing on that

Why not? 

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lynn is a really good dude. I like him a bunch. I don’t think he’s good enough. 

He's a Red Raider and Celina Bobcat.  Everyone that I know that has ever met him says he's a really good guy.  A cousin of mine knew him pretty well when they were utes as they played against each other quite a bit, starting in Junior High.  He's told me often that even then, he seemed like he was destined for greatness.  Hopefully, he'll get another chance to achieve it  

I saw where the Jets interviewed Marvin Lewis... talk about the NFL circle of retreads. Perhaps he's just fulfilling the Rooney rule, but how he ever gets another HC position is beyond me. The NFL just keeps passing the small group of failures around and sometimes bring in a couple of new ones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

MC rarely sends out tweets...

I think that’s a wise choice to avoid the Jets. Run. Don’t walk. Personally, have felt like MC was going to stay at ISU for a bit longer. Which is awesome for them. There is still work to be done there. 

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I think that’s a wise choice to avoid the Jets. Run. Don’t walk. Personally, have felt like MC was going to stay at ISU for a bit longer. Which is awesome for them. There is still work to be done there. 

He’ll get a statue or some structure there named after him