2019 Body Transformation Thread

I broke my fast early.  I ate Saturday & Sunday.  Had way too many carbs both days.  Haven't weighed.  No idea what it did to the scale.  But I don't feel bloated, and am not retaining excess water.  I'm sure I gained some scale weight, but I'm not terribly worried about that.  I get too dang hungry around Day 6 of my fasts and end up breaking them.  I don't think 10-14 days is in the cards for me right now.  I'm going to keep aiming for 0 calories Mon-Fri, then eat on the weekends.  I just need to get my carbs in check. 

Finally back down to my pre-Super Bowl weight, which was the low for 2019 so far (that's 34 down since Jan 1).  I've lost 5 since Sunday night.  Re: my previous post on Monday, when I weighed I hadn't gained anything despite the carbs.  I was down a little less than a pound actually.

I've upped my treadmill work from 30 mins to 35 mins.  Last night I did a nice routine I may keep up.  I break it up into 5 minute sections, increase incline by 1.5 and speed by 0.3 each time up to the middle 5, then back down at the same rate.  Got up to 6.0 incline at 3.2 mph last night.  I think I can get to about 3.5 without having to jog.  I don't want to jog at all.  I already hate the feeling of being on a treadmill, and I don't want to jar my knees with this much weight.

When I break 300 I want to keep up the 45-60 minutes on the treadmill I'll be at by then, and also do some lifting.  May start out with just some simple machine exercises to target the entire body.  Wake the muscles up.  Then get into SL 5x5.

Edited by Longhorn Al

I was about to recommend strong lifts. It’s great for beginners that don’t have much experience lifting weights.

Im currently weighing in at 208.6. I’ve been kind of stuck the last week or so at that weight. I know I’m building muscle though. Diet is still in check eating once a day with a snack or protein bar around noon. I’m heading to Colorado to ski next Friday and would love to be 206 or 205 by then. We’ll see. Still lifting 4 days a week. Kind of routine now. Keep it up guys!

• Like 2

So I lost my water weight days and days ago. And I’m probably at under 30g of net carbs, last 2 days probably under net 20g. Been at it for two weeks I’d say. I like the way I feel and my appetite has subsided quite a bit - those processed carbs make you ravenous!

So when did some of you keto folks start seeing real weight loss?

Side note with how much I work out I’m thinking about just focusing on measuring my tummy fat and not weighing so much as that’s all I need to lose.

Super frustrating to feel pretty solid abs underneath a pillow of squishy tummy fat. Grrrr.

19 minutes ago, troph said:

So I lost my water weight days and days ago. And I’m probably at under 30g of net carbs, last 2 days probably under net 20g. Been at it for two weeks I’d say. I like the way I feel and my appetite has subsided quite a bit - those processed carbs make you ravenous!

Side note with how much I work out I’m thinking about just focusing on measuring my tummy fat and not weighing so much as that’s all I need to lose.

Super frustrating to feel pretty solid abs underneath a pillow of squishy tummy fat. Grrrr.

Last year when I started Keto I had dropped 18 lbs within the first two months. 11 days in I had lost 7 lbs.

Keep in mind I was at about 37% body fat when I started, so results will vary based on where you are starting.

It can be easy to take in a ton of calories with all of the added fats if your portions still are too large, so be careful with that.

23 minutes ago, troph said:

I had so much to lose that it started falling off after about 5 days.  I lost 5 pounds of water weight in a weekend and by the next week, I had lost another 8 pounds.

Just checking in, nothing really to report. I dropped 3-4 pounds and have plateaued again. Not worried about it, I expect it now. Still hitting the gym 5 days a week and am starting to watch the number of calories I'm taking in. At some point, CI/CO does matter and I think that's where I am. Too much fat in the diet, too easy to consume more than I can easily burn. Adios pork rinds, I will miss ya.

I’m sitting at 220. My diet was off last week, but getting back on track this week. That said, two more days and I will finish my 6th week of lifting. Belt is looser and shirts are fitting better.

Question - any vegetarians on here? I’m trying to set my niece (no pics) up with a better diet all around. She’s figuring out that a desk job and not walking around a college campus cause weight gain rather quick.

4 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

SL has been replaced by Greyskull LP as most recommended beginner program. A lot of people complained about the lack of aesthetic progress with SL compared to other programs. 

It looks pretty interesting.  I wouldn't call myself a beginner re: lifting technique, but definitely a beginner in strength at the moment.

21 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

It looks pretty interesting.  I wouldn't call myself a beginner re: lifting technique, but definitely a beginner in strength at the moment.

Yeah I think that's where a lot of us are being from Texas. Hell we were all squatting 2x body weight when we were 16 in high school athletics. The technique is there just have to find the right fit and stick to it.

Yeah I think that's where a lot of us are being from Texas. Hell we were all squatting 2x body weight when we were 16 in high school athletics. The technique is there just have to find the right fit and stick to it.

Amateur.

Fucking overate on fried catfish. I feel bloated. Was it possible to make a worse decision about lunch today? Looks like I’m gonna have to fast for the 24 hours or so.

2 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

If this is the case I would say fuck the machines and just get to lifting the free weights. Just be conservative when you start. These programs have built in progressive overload so start at a comfortable point to practice form again at lighter weight and let it naturally get up to where becomes challenging after a few weeks.

• Like 1

Fast for 24 hours??? Why would you starve yourself like that? How about making better choices over the next few days so you can offset the excess calories in order to stay in an overall caloric deficit for the week?

It’s not really a big deal to me. It won’t be quite a 24 hr fast. Normally I try to keep the portions and stuff under control. But tomorrow is the weigh in at work. So, I’ll fast for it. Go back to eating better tomorrow afternoon after I weigh.

4 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

You know, I’ve been wondering what the keto and low carb people do to get fiber. I used to eat a lot of broccoli. I’ll have to go back to eating grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. Started to do it today instead of fish, didn’t feel like cooking it.

Sugar free meta mucil is fucking amazing.

Whatever you do, don't buy Benefiber. That shit tastes like nothing and dissolves super well, which is awesome, but on the way out it turns into razor sharp crystals that lance your anus on the way out.

If I'm having issues with my regularity I just make sure I get a large portion of veggies. Broccoli, cauli, brussel sprouts, you name it.

59 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Metamucil is just psyllium husks with flavoring added. I hate the artificial orange flavor, and just buy the unflavored natural psyllium. Not much taste, kind of a disgusting texture, and it works the same. Just chug it down fast. Cheaper, too.

I'll have to check at the house later, I may have something.  When I had my asshole rebuilt in 2017 they sent me home with a ginormous container of some sort, I think it was poop grease. Might save myself a few bucks.

On 2/14/2019 at 10:11 AM, El Diablo said:

At some point, CI/CO does matter and I think that's where I am. Too much fat in the diet, too easy to consume more than I can easily burn. Adios pork rinds, I will miss ya.

Exactly where I am. Matter of fact, I downed a bag of pork rinds last night not even thinking about it, checked the bag and saw I'd put in 1000 calories just like that. 

I can't quit those completely though. Gonna have to learn that moderation thing folks talk about. 

Started keto at 216.  Dropped pretty quickly to 209.  For about 10 days, my weight hovered between 209 and 214.  I got pissed and quit keto.  I'm now at 207 w/o doing anything special.  I'd absolutely love to get to 195 but would settle for 200.  Seeing as how I'm about to go balls deep into soccer and cycling, I'm pretty sure the last few lbs will take care of themselves.

I may have found the perfect routine for myself.  I take a small breakfast shake for breakfast to school, usually eat an adult (genoa salami / crackers) lunchable for lunch.  I have no way of snacking since I'm in an elem school and would never eat the cafeteria food.  As a teacher, I probably sit less than 30 mins a day during school. In the evening, I turn into a fatass for one meal.  

So few calories (before 5pm) + natural exercise as a teacher + kind of being fat in the evening = losing some weight.  

• Like 2

Well it happened. I lost about 10-11 pounds the first two lazy weeks of no obvious carbs. I was still eating my 15g of carbs yogurt etc and I attribute almost all of that to water with maybe 1-2 from a calorie reduction.

Then the last two weeks I was more intentional but with no weight loss. Under 20g a lot and probably no more than 30g. No losses, ugh. But then I woke up this morning having dropped 2 lbs. and last night we went out to eat and I had a plate of keto fajita - no rice or beans or tortillas.

So a total of 13 lbs in one month with 1 pound a week after water weight loss, and no muscle loss in fact my trainer moved me to 15 lbs from 12 lbs on free weights. I’m at a solid 6 days a week working out in various forms still and I’ve added more intensity with foot work drills and the weight loss has helped my agility tremendously.

Still in it til April 30 before any judgment or changes but so far so good.

I even put a bag of ruffles away and didn’t even consider munching on one. Ha.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Started keto at 216.  Dropped pretty quickly to 209.  For about 10 days, my weight hovered between 209 and 214.  I got pissed and quit keto.  I'm now at 207 w/o doing anything special.  I'd absolutely love to get to 195 but would settle for 200.  Seeing as how I'm about to go balls deep into soccer and cycling, I'm pretty sure the last few lbs will take care of themselves.

I may have found the perfect routine for myself.  I take a small breakfast shake for breakfast to school, usually eat an adult (genoa salami / crackers) lunchable for lunch.  I have no way of snacking since I'm in an elem school and would never eat the cafeteria food.  As a teacher, I probably sit less than 30 mins a day during school. In the evening, I turn into a fatass for one meal.  

So few calories (before 5pm) + natural exercise as a teacher + kind of being fat in the evening = losing some weight.  

How long did you do keto when you dropped the first 7 pounds you said was quickly? How strict were you with your diet? Counting all your intake and measuring ketones or anything like that? I ask because this is the first time I've tried this diet and still don't know what to expect. Different with everyone, I know. 

I've been pretty good I think, but I've kind of plateaued also after losing 6 pounds the first week. This week will start week 3.  

Just now, BBQ2Bayou said:

How long did you do keto when you dropped the first 7 pounds you said was quickly? How strict were you with your diet? Counting all your intake and measuring ketones or anything like that? I ask because this is the first time I've tried this diet and still don't know what to expect. Different with everyone, I know. 

I've been pretty good I think, but I've kind of plateaued also after losing 6 pounds the first week. This week will start week 3.  

I was very careful with my carb intake.  Other than one Sat night, I'm almost positive I was below 20 carbs per day the entire 18 or so days I was on it.  I was also using the strips which always tested at near the extreme end of the scale for ketones.  I think I dropped the first 7 lbs in about a week, then I plateaued.  I then remained loyal for about 11 days before giving up.  One mistake that some make, that I'm pretty sure didn't apply to me, was in caloric intake.  I was probably at about 70% of the calories I normally consume.  I'm not sure why I stopped losing (and actually gained) after about a week.

I dropped another pound over the last couple of days.  Now at 206.  I use a digital scale and weigh at the same time each day.  I haven't been this "light" since about 2005.  Not complaining.

Too bad I got a concussion at my first soccer game today....

• Like 1

I don't count calories.  Just carbs.  But I'm not trying to pig out either...

Finishing up first week on the diet( for the 3rd year in a row. Already committed to keeping it off going forward.) The first week is always the toughest for me, especially getting my gut/ bowels regulated. Had a regular movement on Monday and then not again until Friday.  Yesterday morning, I'm feeling gassy and bloated, which is strange because keto generally makes me far less gassy.  Then i practically gave birth... hopefully I'm getting out of these gigantic swings on that front.

Avocados are on sale everywhere here, so the big ones are $.77 at HEB.  That's where most of my carbs for the day come from, along with some spinach.

I am not weighing until about May 1 or so.  One thing i hated about the weight loss contests the past 2 years was the constant weighing and checking progress. I'll just wait for the clothes the start fitting better...along with folks asking if I've lost weight, " hey you're not a fatass like you were..."   "yeah, thanks for noticing...I think."

7 hours ago, slorch said:

I don't count calories.  Just carbs.  But I'm not trying to pig out either...

Finishing up first week on the diet( for the 3rd year in a row. Already committed to keeping it off going forward.) The first week is always the toughest for me, especially getting my gut/ bowels regulated. Had a regular movement on Monday and then not again until Friday.  Yesterday morning, I'm feeling gassy and bloated, which is strange because keto generally makes me far less gassy.  Then i practically gave birth... hopefully I'm getting out of these gigantic swings on that front.

Avocados are on sale everywhere here, so the big ones are $.77 at HEB.  That's where most of my carbs for the day come from, along with some spinach.

I am not weighing until about May 1 or so.  One thing i hated about the weight loss contests the past 2 years was the constant weighing and checking progress. I'll just wait for the clothes the start fitting better...along with folks asking if I've lost weight, " hey you're not a fatass like you were..."   "yeah, thanks for noticing...I think."

We had a biggest lose competition at work before the holidays - an initial weigh-in and then a weigh-out on the last day. That was fine with me. The women here are stupid about how numbers work and it was just a headache the two times we weighed. I can't imagine doing it regularly.

Last week featured probably my worst prolonged stretch since the Holidays. Went and got drunk at NAPE parties on both Wed and Thursday which carried into a weekend of eating poorly.

Relieved to see that as of this morning I was only about 2.5 lbs over the low mark I hit the previous Friday. Going liquids only until Dinner tonight in hopes of ridding myself of more of last week's excesses.

• Like 2

Had my 6 month checkup with the Doc yesterday and things looked good. 111/66 BP, 62 HR, triglycerides were down, cholesterol was still "high" but unchanged and best of all glucose was 102 (we'd been worried about that) and A1C was 5.6. Oh, and down 11 pounds from July. Not a lot of weight loss but I feel like my overall fitness level is much better. Onward thru the fog.

• Like 1

Had blood work done on Valentine's.  Total cholesterol is still only 123.  But my free testosterone is up to 773.  Highest I've ever seen it.  It's been as low as 170s.  Fasting seems to have helped jack it up.

HDL is really low at 24.  Trigs are high at over 230, but that's to be expected if I'm fasting and burning body fat constantly.

My weight has just been bouncing around the same 12 lbs because I haven't been strict when eating.  I'll eat way too many bad carbs and pack on the water, then lose it. 

207 even yesterday morning before traveling to New Orleans for work. Controlled myself at dinner with coworkers and had 4 meatballs, a caesar and a half glass of red wine. It’s hard not eating pasta at one of the best Italian joints in NOLA.

Im heading to steamboat Colorado tomorrow for some skiing. Going to say “fuck the diet” a few times and enjoy myself with the wife.

Keep up the good work errrrbody.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

207 even yesterday morning before traveling to New Orleans for work. Controlled myself at dinner with coworkers and had 4 meatballs, a caesar and a half glass of red wine. It’s hard not eating pasta at one of the best Italian joints in NOLA.

Im heading to steamboat Colorado tomorrow for some skiing. Going to say “fuck the diet” a few times and enjoy myself with the wife.

Keep up the good work errrrbody.

Enjoy your trip, good thing about skiing is you burn so many calories. Bad advice, but diet can always be there when you get back. 

• Like 1

Last night went to hopscotch and then that beer and food joint next door. Friends ate burgers and yummy looking food with bread etc and I just didn’t see the appeal. I ate deviled eggs and pickled veggies. This morning my mouth is nasty tasting - even with gum. Def think I’m in ketosis. Don’t particularly care except I’m down another 2lbs. I had to skip a near full week of workouts too. Appetite is in check and I feel great. Total loss (including water weight) is 15 lbs since mid January. tummy is flatter by a noticeable margin but still has the jiggle. I’ve also noticed thighs and upper arms are thinner which wasn’t that necessary. I’m hoping the weight on other places is almost done and we can attack the belly fat near 100%. No way I have another 15 to lose. If that happens I’ll look down right sickly - I think.

• Like 1