Sonos thread

52-80

23 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

So if I’m anything less than a straight audiophile, these will sound good, correct? Looking for something that will work in home theater and back kitchen/pool area. 

We have an ARC and Sub in the living room. Sounds great. For traditional home theater type setup you could add surrounds via Sonos Ones. If you are looking for full on Atmos then go receiver and the hole 9 yards. I find Sonos fits my needs with much less clutter and complexity.

For kitchen and pool I recommend a Move. I keep mine docked in my office and then take it outside on the deck for pool parties. Easy.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 6 months later...
4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Hey guys; I'm looking on improving the sounds on the pool deck.  What's the latest and greatest with this stuff?

Like @TexEx15 said, I have two of the Move units.  Sound pretty good and connectivity is solid.  We use it out back when sitting around the picnic table by the BBQ pit or on the other side of the house on the covered patio.  Keep another one at the guest house.  Seems to be the best option for Sonos portability.  Holds a great charge too. 

Edited by Spaulding Smails
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Hey guys; I'm looking on improving the sounds on the pool deck.  What's the latest and greatest with this stuff?

Sonos Move for moseying around the backyard.  I really enjoy it.  Keep an eye on the battery charge because it likes to drain itself when away from the cradle. 

They also have a smaller Roam, but it's not meant to fill a large space, and it's kinda fiddly to use.

For fixed placement, there's an outdoor set by Sonance

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/amp-and-outdoor-set

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have the Beam Gen 2 soundbar and love it. I want to add the Era 300s for surround. Definitely overkill but I've transitioned to caring more about the audio than video for my TV setup. Also interested in the Sub Mini but bass isn't as important to me. 

Have the exact setup you're referring to in our living room.  We have a big living room with really tall ceilings - that setup is more than enough.  Also - mini sub is great.  We hide behind this teak table we keep in the corner.  No rattle, clean base, and cant see it.