Bevo attacks UGA

Goo Punch

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm convinced that Bevo wasn't actually going after Uga but rather the woman in black who eventually went flying. Multiple angles show her making eye contact and presumably saying something to Bevo right before it happened. Based on the barrier and the people between them I doubt Bevo even saw Uga before he knocked everything over.

In his $9.95, Chip Brown says he was in the crowd of people scrambling for safety. Maybe Bevo knew this and that was his real target. I mean imagine how awesome it would have been if Chip Brown had been gored by Bevo. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Like 3

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

In his $9.95, Chip Brown says he was in the crowd of people scrambling for safety. Maybe Bevo knew this and that was his real target. 

You're just trying to find out if it's possible for Bevo to be even more popular on a Texas message board. Well, sir, you succeeded.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You're just trying to find out if it's possible for Bevo to be even more popular on a Texas message board. Well, sir, you succeeded.

God, the glorious meltdown. Of course the wusses of the world would probably ban Bevo forevermore on the sidelines but he could be put out to pasture of the finest grass with 72 glorious heifers all to his own and enjoy a rich and hearty life of chewing cud and fucking for decades to come. And all of his offspring would hate Chip Brown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Over on the Pitt site a fellow got all up in arms about the confrontation after someone said it was the funniest site of the bowl season:

Yeah, “funniest” because it didn’t maim or kill someone. Whoever signed off to put a 2,000 pound muscled animal with horns in an area with all those people and only that little fence should be fired.

I then responded:

Or, how about, whoever thought it was a good idea to take a little dog and sit him right in front of Bevo should be fired? I've never heard of Bevo having an issue before. 

Same for all the idiot photographers aping to get that cool picture.

In 1995 when we played there I was on the field during pregame, very close to Bevo and nothing happened.

And, the pussy responded with:

Oh, I didn’t realize he’d never done it before! The dog being there was just a black swan event. In that case, they should carry on with having a one ton animal on the field.

If a dog is enough to set it off I’m not sure that isn’t damning evidence.

50 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

In his $9.95, Chip Brown says he was in the crowd of people scrambling for safety. Maybe Bevo knew this and that was his real target. I mean imagine how awesome it would have been if Chip Brown had been gored by Bevo. 

Why don't I believe him?

"Look at me! Look at me!"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, texas08 said:

That photog with the blue vest....luckiest SOB...inches from being hooked straight in the jugular.

Scary shit.

If you watch through this video,  at the end after the guy makes a comment about Bevo having an edge to him,  there is another video that plays that is from a different angle and it is a very extreme close-up from Bevo‘s left side and you can see just how scary it got   

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25664318/texas-mascot-bevo-xv-charges-georgia-uga-x-sugar-bowl#

50 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

God, the glorious meltdown. Of course the wusses of the world would probably ban Bevo forevermore on the sidelines but he could be put out to pasture of the finest grass with 72 glorious heifers all to his own and enjoy a rich and hearty life of chewing cud and fucking for decades to come. And all of his offspring would hate Chip Brown.

Does someone want to tell him?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Didn't catch teh broad in the black doing the dive taking out the cameraman the first 50 times I watched that clip. 

It’s like going to The Louvre and admiring some classic work of art. The longer you study it, the more amazed you are. Sensory overload. 

When I saw this happen live, I thought it was really cool. Now I realize it’s totally epic on every level. People will still be playing this clip 20 years from now.  

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My new best bud behind me at the game was a Silver Spur. He said Bevo XIV was “a dick,” but XV is a good steer. He was on the selection committee. I told him they chose well. 

I was fortunate for the opportunity to be around Bevo XIV for almost all home game weekends and multiple alumni events for the last several years of his tenure.  My youngsters were taught to approach him quietly and to respect his space.  They could get close enough to him and pet him.  They thought of him as family.  They cried harder when he died than they did for any of their grandparents.

csb time: From 1998-2002 I was lucky enough to have media credentials for alot of home games. First neutral site game I attended was the 2001 CCG game vs Colorado. 

Granted, the old Texas Stadium was crowded, and Bevo and Raphie were both on the same end of the stadium, but it was amazing the number of clueless schmucks that tried to walk right up to Bevo. He'd tilt his head down and point his horns right at them. Jack Arute's girlfriend was one of them lol. Spurs got tired of having to tell everyone to back the fuck up. 

TLDR: Bevo don't take no shit from nobody. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

hello?

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

If that happened I would personally pay for a statue of Bevo with F. Chip Brown’s head impaled on his horn. 

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

BEVO going after UGA was just shown on CNBC Power Lunch segment... They're hoping for a BULL MARKET for 2019... 🤘

Too bad he's a steer and all

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

13 hours ago, Zavala said:

Scott Van Pelt called silver spurs Bevo wranglers and said they screwed up.

Did he not see those brave men grabbing the horns of that huge killer animal?

As I said in the game thread, Bevo's handlers don't determine where Bevo goes.  They can only make suggestions.  Unless somebody is there with lariats and a couple of stout quarter horses or high powered rifle, Bevo has the last say of where he goes and what he does.

TIL that bulldogs are called bulldogs because they were used in England to fight bulls in the 1600's:

From wikipedia

The designation "bull" was applied because of the dog's use in the sport of bull baiting. This entailed the setting of dogs (after placing wagers on each dog) onto a tethered bull. The dog that grabbed the bull by the nose and pinned it to the ground would be the victor. It was common for a bull to maim or kill several dogs at such an event, either by goring, tossing, or trampling. Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament

Basically this is a rivalry that goes much deeper than we thought.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Having now slept on it, I think unfortunately the tower is going to look at last night and realize it's not worth the 1-in-1000 possibility of an injury or worse, especially on the road or at a neutral site other than fair park.  Unless it's a playoff game, XV is probably spending December and January at home from now on.

1 minute ago, FWD said:

TIL that bulldogs are called bulldogs because they were used in England to fight bulls in the 1600's:

From wikipedia

The designation "bull" was applied because of the dog's use in the sport of bull baiting. This entailed the setting of dogs (after placing wagers on each dog) onto a tethered bull. The dog that grabbed the bull by the nose and pinned it to the ground would be the victor. It was common for a bull to maim or kill several dogs at such an event, either by goring, tossing, or trampling. Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament

Basically this is a rivalry that goes much deeper than we thought.

giphy.gif

This sport actually came from the time when those who slaughtered  would have a dog that would keep the bull /cow / steer incapacitated long enough for the butcher to kill or stun the bovine.  I suppose there was some talk of which butcher or farmer had the best dog for the task and competitions ensued.

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Having now slept on it, I think unfortunately the tower is going to look at last night and realize it's not worth the 1-in-1000 possibility of an injury or worse, especially on the road or at a neutral site other than fair park.  Unless it's a playoff game, XV is probably spending December and January at home from now on.

XV seems to have an above-average tolerance for the relaxants or he maybe just likes to get hyped.

I thought his (awesome) rowdiness before the USC game would have the Silver Spurs taking extra precaution.

3 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

XV seems to have an above-average tolerance for the relaxants or he maybe just likes to get hyped.

I thought his (awesome) rowdiness before the USC game would have the Silver Spurs taking extra precaution.

I'm sure CDC and Fenves gonna require more precautions going forward..... Hell of a Spirit in BEVO XV.... 🤘