Bevo attacks UGA

Goo Punch

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do you lop his pecker off too?

Partial peckerectomies (not the official term) are done so a bull can help identify which heifers are ready to be bred or inseminated. The unlucky bull will mount, but is unable to finish the job. It is often found in the pasture strumming it’s lips. 

18 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

In his $9.95, Chip Brown says he was in the crowd of people scrambling for safety. Maybe Bevo knew this and that was his real target. I mean imagine how awesome it would have been if Chip Brown had been gored by Bevo. 

Yeah I saw him there standing by Brian Williams

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bevo XII did something even more substantial during either the 1985 or 1987 game with Cougar High in the Astrodome in Houston.  Maybe it was the infamous 1987 Bret Stafford/Shannon Kelley (aka Mr. Mary Lou Retton) 60-40 wild trackmeet (3 pick-6's, 1 by Bret and 2 by Shannon, IIRC) loss to Cougar High.

Two hours or something before the game started, my Father and I were in our end-zone seats (because that's where Cougar High put Texas' crummy allotment when most of the seats between the goal lines went unsold and the Dome had ushers that made sure the unsold seats stayed empty throughout the entirety of the game, as per usual!) and Bevo XII was being led from the big wagon gate where he walked in, all the way across the length of the field, to his area in front of the end zone where the Texas seats were for the game.  Hardly anyone was in the seats nor on the field, except for a few players on both sides who were out early to do early warm-ups.

A couple Cougar High players had finished and were jogging back to their locker room, and as they passed close to Bevo who was walking past, 1 Cougar High linebacker player, in full uniform with helmet on, decided to jump up and down, wave his arms wildly at Bevo, and shout at him as loud as he could, and then kept jogging to their locker room in the other direction.

Well, you can guess what happened-- Bevo is ENRAGED, and does a 180, pops the leads out of both his handlers hands, and starts charging down the player with no one to stop him...... The Cougar High LB starts running full speed to get away, and after Bevo runs free for about 50 yards towards this "mental giant" Cougar High LB who taunted him, one of the handlers and then both of them catch Bevo XII and do an impressive rodeo-quality tandem by-the-horns neck-wrestle takedown of Bevo at about the 25 yard line or so, and then eventually pull him back up and walk him back over to his area for the game.  

Meanwhile the Cougar High LB stands there, stunned, and some people who saw the whole thing must of asked him what he did that for.  I would have loved to hear that answer, or just to have had a modern smartphone then to record the whole thing. 

Was anyone else at that game to see that?

Anyway, this scene immediately brought me back to think of that day in the Dome which I think was much worse, because for a few moments, it looked like Bevo XII was going to make it and hit, plant, and trample the Cougar High LB that taunted him.

Hook'Em!

• Like 4

Feel bad. and think UT should pay for some PTSD treatment for the poor dog.  Hell, let’s be magnanimous and pay for their football team too.

Pay for their football team?  After watching the bowl game, it's pretty clear we already owned them.

Edited by TexLonghorn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Bevo XII did something even more substantial during either the 1985 or 1987 game with Cougar High in the Astrodome in Houston.  Maybe it was the infamous 1987 Bret Stafford/Shannon Kelley (aka Mr. Mary Lou Retton) 60-40 wild trackmeet (3 pick-6's, 1 by Bret and 2 by Shannon, IIRC) loss to Cougar High.

Yeah that was the '87 game.  We were on the opposite end zone from when that happened.  They tried everything to get Bevo off of the field, but he was pissed.  Not as much as I was after that game.  That game had everything, Metcalf threw for a TD and u of h's D scored 21 points in the 4th.  But i remember all of the handlers could not make Bevo budge.

Edited by mrhorn
  • Like 1

Damn it!  I'm concerned that those 15 or so seconds of pure awesomeness are going to get Bevo banned from the sidelines before next season begins. Not worried about PETA, but the otherwise impotent NCAA will grab onto this (like a bulldog), and won't let go until any and all potentially dangerous mascots are prohibited from being on or near the field during games.  It is amusing in retrospect, as it was clear from the altercation that UGA "did not want to be in the Sugar Bowl," but let's face it - we are extremely lucky that no one was seriously injured by those horns, and I doubt there will even be a next time to worry about.  I has a sad.

They let a live Buffalo weighing a half ton run at top fucking speed through the Colorado football stadium with barely any safety measures.  We can have a steer sit in the corner of a stadium basically doing nothing.  Pro tip---quit putting so many fucking people and animals around Bevo at football games and he's just fine.  

Edited by Lobo

18 minutes ago, Hizzaz Mahdoud said:

Damn it!  I'm concerned that those 15 or so seconds of pure awesomeness are going to get Bevo banned from the sidelines before next season begins. Not worried about PETA, but the otherwise impotent NCAA will grab onto this (like a bulldog), and won't let go until any and all potentially dangerous mascots are prohibited from being on or near the field during games.  It is amusing in retrospect, as it was clear from the altercation that UGA "did not want to be in the Sugar Bowl," but let's face it - we are extremely lucky that no one was seriously injured by those horns, and I doubt there will even be a next time to worry about.  I has a sad.

It won't be the NCAA, and of course it won't be PETA.

If BEVO ends up banned from the sidelines, it will be the UT lawyers and risk management guys advocating it to the President and Cabinet.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

They let a live Buffalo weighing a half ton run at top fucking speed through the Colorado football stadium with barely any safety measures.  We can have a steer sit in the corner of a stadium basically doing nothing.  Pro tip---quit putting so many fucking people and animals around Bevo at football games and he's just fine.  

Yeah, Ralphie's charging around came to mind, and there may well be one or more incidents in the past where he either hurt or came close to hurting someone, but I don't remember it happening.  On the other hand, Bevo's "rant" is now playing out on all news and morning shows, and each time those horns barely miss piercing someone's arm, leg, back or neck, you can just sense that the hammer is about to fall. Damned lawyers (and I am one). 

Maybe Bevo is banned from future bowl games, but if UT ever decides he can't stay in his usual spot at DKR during home games, there will be hell to pay.  I don't think that will ever happen.  They'd get a new Bevo before doing that.  And, in any event, they will fix the issue of having so many non-Spur people around him wherever he goes.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

It won't be the NCAA, and of course it won't be PETA.

If BEVO ends up banned from the sidelines, it will be the UT lawyers and risk management guys advocating it to the President and Cabinet.

Good point - but I still think they'll blame it on pressure from the NCAA or some other outside regulatory body - in any event, it is going to be a P.R. nightmare for whoever has to announce the Bevo ban. You think we're surly now? 

In my defense, I did say...
"And I never knew if it was a myth or not, but to be safe..."
My uncle joked so much I never knew what was true and what was BS.  But as a kid and later a teenager working his cattle, I wasn't taking any chances.  Hell, he may have believed it himself for all I know.  He was an Aggie after all.
Yer unkle went to NMSU?

INTERDASTING!

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fucking este.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 10:09 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Best view.

On 1/2/2019 at 1:44 AM, Here’s the deal said:

His handlers didn’t even slow him down.  Can’t help but think some changes will be made.  Maybe more handlers or maybe putting some blunt cap on the end of those horns.  Would hate to see Bevo wandering around the stadium with a human body part hanging from his horn like Vlad the Impaler.

Actually, they did slow him down. The Spur (in Sugar Bowl rain jacket) on Bevo's left, not only grabs his horn to turn his head, but also kicks the women in the black clear of Bevo's path.

If it we didn't have Dicker, I would be wondering if he had any eligibility left.