Bevo attacks UGA

Goo Punch

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

He would have hooked and tossed him. Hence the term "Hook 'em Horns" and not "Hit 'en Horns" or "Trample 'em Horns" or "Gore 'em Horns".

Steers, or bulls for that matter, don't intentionally gore. And they only trample because you happen to be laying on the ground where they are running.

Anyway, if Bevo gets banned form the sidelines, then buffaloes, tigers,  dogs with a history of snapping at people and all the other live animal mascots are going to have to go also.

I've seen a mature cow hook and toss a cow-dog about 20 yards. And they'll do everything they can to avoid stepping on you.

Had a real mean cow get after me once while I was on foot, I just grabbed her horns and tried to stay in the middle while she took me for a ride around the pen...

...the idea that Bevo, the tamest version of a Longhorn I've ever seen, is going to gore a spectator is quite a bit more far fetched than UGA giving somebody rabies IMO.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

There are a wide variety of animal rights issues that PETA ought to be talking about.

I don't think PETA gives a shit about animals. They are averse to humanity and don't like people controlling other animals, and they probably would prefer that domesticated animals of all kinds didn't exist at all.

• Like 1

i have spent alot of time around bulls, steers and cows of all shapes and sizes in my life.  Just the sheer bulk, size and mass weight alone can snap our strongest bones like twigs.  They are large animals and regardless of their intent sometimes we just get in their way.  The worse for me was getting trapped against a wall when a cow leaned into a wall. All the air was suddenly forced out of me in a split second. Luckily an amigo was there to get the beast off me.

21 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

I don't think PETA gives a shit about animals. They are averse to humanity and don't like people controlling other animals, and they probably would prefer that domesticated animals of all kinds didn't exist at all.

Bingo

I genuinely think they'd prefer domesticated animals live in the wild, ribs showing from malnutrition and dying at 1/4 of their current lifespan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

And anyone that gets close enough to him is on notice as well.  So if they get hurt they are at fault.  

Exactly. Seems like anyone getting in his space knows the risk they are taking at this point. 

Two easy things they could do is strap those barriers together so they are harder to knock down and maybe put him on a long leash so he only gets so far (kinda like the leash they later tied him to the rail with). 

As has been said before, no real incidents in 100 years.  That’s a pretty good safety record for the status quo.  

Exactly. Seems like anyone getting in his space knows the risk they are taking at this point. 
Two easy things they could do is strap those barriers together so they are harder to knock down and maybe put him on a long leash so he only gets so far (kinda like the leash they later tied him to the rail with). 
As has been said before, no real incidents in 100 years.  That’s a pretty good safety record for the status quo.  

Didn’t Bevo shank a Spur this season?

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

... The worse for me was getting trapped against a wall when a cow leaned into a wall. All the air was suddenly forced out of me in a split second. Luckily an amigo was there to get the beast off me.

We told you to stay away from drunk aggy chicks before you got hurt.

• Like 3

We hadn't heard about the great Bevo XV vs. UGA episode as we were wandering around the concourse pregame so when Shortstack pointed out Bevo to me we went down to get a photo or two.  I was curious why his horns were tied to the wall and the guys looked like they were shell-shocked and were less than communicative as the Spurs are typically really happy to chat about the big fella.  I also found it odd that they had him facing the stands and every time he'd try to even glance around to one side or the other, they had a Spur on each side of him with the little scratchers under his belly right next to his front legs going after him to calm him down like the sweepers at an Olympic Curling competition.  

After the game, we went back down there and heard about what he'd done and it all made perfect sense.  We thanked XV for his service.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, Leanderman said:

i have spent alot of time around bulls, steers and cows of all shapes and sizes in my life.  Just the sheer bulk, size and mass weight alone can snap our strongest bones like twigs.  They are large animals and regardless of their intent sometimes we just get in their way.  The worse for me was getting trapped against a wall when a cow leaned into a wall. All the air was suddenly forced out of me in a split second. Luckily an amigo was there to get the beast off me.

Was it Listeater?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 4:10 PM, LonghornSean said:

May have been posted on this thread already, but this video with the live Longhorn Network commentary is great.

“Oh my Lord!” is the high point of Galindo’s career.

And then Shipley, of all people, sounded genuinely shocked and disappointed in Bevo. I think he had visions of Bevo being taken out into a field and executed run through his mind. 

Edited by GotThatFire
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, TexArcher said:

If idiots will stop crowding him and bringing carvnivores up to him, there won't be any problems, as there haven't been for decades.

If this leads to Bevo not being allowed at games, I swear to Zeus I'm gonna punch every millennial crybaby pussy I see for a full year.

I got your six bro......

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

A fun trip down memory lane:

I wish there had been some video of this.  I'm not sure at what point in the game this photo was taken, but later in the game when it was apparent that we were going to get our ass whipped, this dumbass duck went and taunted Bevo some more.  I was cold and pissed and wanted nothing more in that moment than for that Bevo to react like the current Bevo did to Uga.  Had that been the same Bevo we have know, that duck would have been dead and there probably wouldn't be any live mascots at games so I'm glad now it didn't happen.

Edited by PhillyD

On 1/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, GringoSalado said:

good thing PETA is irrelevant. 

18 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Read Tebow got engaged to some hot chick.  Just saying.

My ex-father-in-law was married for 24 years, had 3 kids, and lived in the middle of Highland Park.  

As soon as his parents died he came out, divorced, and moved to Tampa to live with Ricardo.  And, that's cool man, that's cool, but I'm just sayin'.  

I miss the dude.  He died a few years after all that.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

PETA calling for immediate retirement of both animals......

YAY they are bringing back Whale Wars.  The greatest reality tv show of all times!!! Maybe they will get some picketers out and Bevo will cut a golf cart in half...

I love this Bevo. He reminds me of younger years, fishing with a friend. He was the owner of this stock tank we used to favor, but we would have to park on the road and jump the fence and sneak in the backside. You know it's not good when you are with the owner and have to sneak in on his property.  He had a old bull that did NOT like anyone around his private beach front.  I've (and plenty others) swam many of unwanted "laps" in that pond. I witnessed my almost 70 year old granddad walk on water. My buds farm truck finally gave up the ghost so we took his other truck (less than a month old) to feed and check on the cattle just to sit through having the driver mirror removed and the truck's back quarter panel then hood literally violated because my friend had taken his jacket off and laid it across the tailgate with the keys in the pocket before the bull made it to where we were busting bales. It never crossed our mind he might not be fond of a different truck, which we should have been when the cows and the bull were slow to respond to food. He's usually like a little puppy following the truck around the pasture as soon as it makes it through the gate.  He wasn't a longhorn, but he sure had the heart of one.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, Uncle Nate said:

It won't be the NCAA, and of course it won't be PETA.

If BEVO ends up banned from the sidelines, it will be the UT lawyers and risk management guys advocating it to the President and Cabinet.

They will just expand the boundary with a buffer zone before all that noise...  We still have aggy on the field after a dead aggy, a sword, shovels, the reenactment of the Alamo done in true aggy style that beamed each other in the "fog of war".  If any of those asshats are allowed near any sporting event, the world can tolerate Bevo strutting his shit every once in awhile. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, skeeter said:

Folks quoting different weights for Bevo ...  I've seen1500, 1700, 1800 lbs.

Anyone know the real weight?

Well, I saw Bevo try on Michael McCann’s wife’s sweatpants one time. They were really baggy on him, so I’d say Bevo weighs less than 1700 lbs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

It never gets old seeing an aggy "Officer" who, while holding a deadly weapon, get his ass kicked by Biff, the preppy cheerleader

And that pussyass “security” clown runs up and grabs Biff to pull him away from the turdboot jackass with the deadly weapon.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1