2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

On 6/5/2019 at 4:06 PM, GotThatFire said:

I’d like to see that compared to all the blue bloods and good football schools.  Nobody gives a shit what grades western Michigan football players make...

Personally I don't give a shit what grades any football players make as long as they are eligible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Odds teams win B12 Championship Game...

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/big-12-championship-odds-texas-oklahoma-132652524/#132652524_9

-125      blOU 

+250      TEXAS

+1200     Iowa State

+1200.    West Virginia ????

+1800       Okie Lite

+1800        TCU

+2300.       Baylor  (Seems low)

I'd bet TCU out of those odds.

Also, the gap between us, OU and the rest of the conference is crazy. Really no excuse for us not to be playing in the title game and taking care of business against those dick gobblers.

Team notes from IT

The most noteworthy team thing I was going to write is Junior Angilau may be ready to shine. I have people predicting him to start at right guard, which has them predicting Kerstetter to start at right tackle. Angilau is one of the hardest workers on the team.

7 on 7 started on Tuesday and I haven't heard much from it other than nobody can cover Malcolm Epps because of the size advantage. I'm wondering if we see him lined up next to Collin like we say with LJH last year. At a minimum this would clear space for a running back.

I did hear Al'vonte Woodard broke his foot. Not ideal for a player looking to make a move on the playing field. He'll have surgery soon. I'm not sure how long he'll be out. Tough deal, great kid.

10 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Losing Woodard really sucks because I'm almost betting it'll be a built in excuse to transfer. Not that I know anything about him. Just think being (at best) 3rd string at best with more talent coming behind you that it could spell trouble. I mean portal. 

Woodard is on pace to start at the Z in 2020 since DD and Burt are seniors. There isn't as much competition there as the H and X spots. I was concerned Moore would be a causality because of Bru and possibly Jake Smith, but I think he'll be fine now.  

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Woodard is on pace to start at the Z in 2020 since DD and Burt are seniors. There isn't as much competition there as the H and X spots. I was concerned Moore would be a causality because of Bru and possibly Jake Smith, but I think he'll be fine now.  

Brennan Eagles and Kennedy Lewis might object to that (think there's someone else I'm missing.) And that's just this year. Next year who knows who all will sign but I'd be willing to bet there'll be fanfare around some freshman WR. So now he's got (at least) 3 other people he's competing against coming off of injury and not getting reps.

Trust me I don't want it to happen either. Just saying what history and common sense have shown. This all depends on where Woodard's head is at if/when the time comes. 

Correct... Squatting heavy with straight bar is a shoulder impingement recipe...

I didnt believe it until I noticed how my shoulders were less wrecked when I switched to trapbar (because of a herniated disc).

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snacks said:

Correct... Squatting heavy with straight bar is a shoulder impingement recipe...

I didnt believe it until I noticed how my shoulders were less wrecked when I switched to trapbar (because of a herniated disc).

The safety bar is a good option too. Maybe not applicable if you already have a herniated disc.

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

Sucks about Woodard.  But WR is one position were we can afford an injury.  And a transfer.  Fuck.

Woodard 9.95er write-up:  "According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Woodard broke his foot during player-led 7-on-7 practice in a non-contact play on Thursday. Woodard was running routes in 7-on-7 practice and made a cut that caused him to break his foot, sources said."

Seems strange to break a foot during non-contact drill.  Will be interested in @Magus Ossis  comments after more details are available...

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Woodard 9.95er write-up:  "According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Woodard broke his foot during player-led 7-on-7 practice in a non-contact play on Thursday. Woodard was running routes in 7-on-7 practice and made a cut that caused him to break his foot, sources said."

Seems strange to break a foot during non-contact drill.  Will be interested in @Magus Ossis  comments after more details are available...

There are a couple of foot injuries that can be non-contact. Turf toe isn’t necessarily serious but can linger and nag. Lisfranc less common, potentially big deal if missed or mistreated. Stress fracture normally from doing too much too quickly after doing too little. Most likely though is a fifth metatarsal base fracture. Happens similarly to ankle sprains and fractures. With surgery now, may be good to go for fall camp.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Snacks said:

This right here 

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Critical team news

No shit. I once went to a baseball game and came to find a boot on my car. Turns out I had an unpaid parking violation from 10 years previous from a football game, where the garage I had paid to park in was full 25 minutes before kickoff. I was like on my 3rd car since that original game. Fuck UT parking.

Edited by HtownHorn

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/big-12-championship-odds-texas-oklahoma-132652524/#132652524_9
-125      blOU 
+250      TEXAS
+1200     Iowa State
+1800       Okie Lite
+1800        TCU

Probably true until herman proves otherwise. Vegas always wins, if they didnt the strip would be out of business.

-125      blOU 
+250      TEXAS
+1200     Iowa State
+1800       Okie Lite
+1800        TCU

WVU with better odds than OK State or TCU is a head scratcher. Especially now that they've lost an All-Big 12 safety (really their whole safety room - wtf going on up there?)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DeMarvion, talk to coaches/CDC ... no need for the tweet.
Public perception is important... DO was just in 4ever Texas video tweet too... (smh)

You know how I know you've never dealt with PTS or whatever they're called these days?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

There are a couple of foot injuries that can be non-contact. Turf toe isn’t necessarily serious but can linger and nag. Lisfranc less common, potentially big deal if missed or mistreated. Stress fracture normally from doing too much too quickly after doing too little. Most likely though is a fifth metatarsal base fracture. Happens similarly to ankle sprains and fractures. With surgery now, may be good to go for fall camp.

Get Well AW... Hook'em 🤘  

11 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

From Friday -- Texas just sent out the following release about Woodard's injury:  "Texas redshirt freshman WR Al’Vonte Woodard suffered a fracture in his left foot during voluntary workouts this week. He will undergo surgery next week and is expected to be able to return at some point this fall."

• Like 1

Forgot Eagles moved to Z in spring. Texas having WRs who can play multiple spots is a nice luxury...

Jeff Howe:  While Burt is the veteran, Herman and the offensive staff decided to move Brennan Eagles from X to Z for spring practice. The move seemed to work the way Herman hoped it would, which could lead to some healthy competition once Burt gets back to football after running track this spring.  “Because he’s so physical — those guys out there at Z, to the field side, they do a lot of perimeter blocking,” Herman said of Eagles late in the spring. “A lot of our flare screens, a lot of our bubble screens, a lot of our perimeter runs to go the field quite a bit. He’s doing a really good job of that.

“As you saw with Duvernay’s numbers last year (41 catches, 546 yards and four touchdowns), it’s a little bit hard to get the field receiver a ton of catches,” he added. “They’re not going to gobble up the catches that an H (slot) or an X might. But if we can find a guy like Brennan, we’ve had conversations like, ‘Let’s formation it so we do get him in places where we can get him the ball a little bit more.’”

What the offseason departures and hits to the depth chart collectively point to is the summer being a massive one for Eagles, who missed three games with a hamstring injury as a true freshman and caught one pass for 35 yards in his debut. While Duvernay and Burt could both play situationally at either outside spot (Duvernay also played H receiver in 2017, so he at least knows the position), Eagles has the size (6-4, 225), straight-line speed and physicality among his raw tools to truly be able to provide quality depth at X or Z.  Shifting playmakers around like pieces on a chessboard is something Herman and Co. will have a lot more leeway to do if Eagles is able to manufacture depth at both positions. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-WR-depth-AlVonte-Woodard-injury-Brennan-Eagles-Tom-Herman-Collin-Johnson-Bru-McCoy-132701879/

Edited by LTtxfan

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

From Friday -- Texas just sent out the following release about Woodard's injury:  "Texas redshirt freshman WR Al’Vonte Woodard suffered a fracture in his left foot during voluntary workouts this week. He will undergo surgery next week and is expected to be able to return at some point this fall."

Man, “sometime this fall” seems like he’s gonna have a hard time competing this season. 

On 6/7/2019 at 5:12 PM, LTtxfan said:

DeMarvion, talk to coaches/CDC ... no need for the tweet.

Public perception is important... DO was just in 4ever Texas video tweet too... (smh)

Reverse parking was illegal at my University as well. Have no idea why.

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Explain south Congress to me then

Back-in angle parking on South Congress is far better than having some absurd parallel parking fiasco, and you don't have as many people getting rear-ended trying to back out of forward angle parking. Also, people who back into regular parking spots are usually douche bags. 

• Like 3

How you park is now a thing?  Shit I park a F350 long King Ranch.  I park wide and all.  Makes women’s understand where I will be parking my junk tonight!  Plus I have a Leer and a Sat dish so I need 8.5 feet.  A man, after all can’t be missing his Football no matter where he parks!

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

Back-in angle parking on South Congress is far better than having some absurd parallel parking fiasco, and you don't have as many people getting rear-ended trying to back out of forward angle parking. Also, people who back into regular parking spots are usually douche bags. 

cant fucking stand that shit, douche bags. 

Edited by brakeman
  • Like 1