2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

On 6/15/2019 at 2:29 AM, CastHorn said:

I think the secondary will be fine. The young corners are up against one of the best receiving units in the country everyday. They’ll also have the best safety duo in the Big12 backing them. Linebacker is the position you should be praying about every night. 

Shark gots this!!!

I have a friend who left with 7 min left to go in the 2006 Rose Bowl when usc scored to make it 38-26 to beat traffic.
Making fun of him for that will never not be hilarious.

What a fucking pussy. He needs to be ridiculed relentlessly until the day he dies. By everyone.
  • Like 6

Fuck that. I knew before going into that game we were winning. There was wayyy too much hype given sc in that most of the national talking heads looked at Texas and thought they shouldn't even play on the same field with such a dynasty. 

I think it was when Bush won the Heisman that any, if at all, doubts were removed that those California sushi rolls were going down. 

And fuck you forever Matt Lienhart. The better team has the trophy. 

Oh and since we're reliving the past, ditto for '09. The only concern (which everyone had after suh) was the oline holding up. This time around Texas was getting more respect on the national stage but it was still a foregone conclusion we'd fall to Saban. Also Ingram won bama's first Heisman which robbed Colt for the second year in a row. 

I swore after that game that I wouldn't be one of those "if Colt hadn't gone down..." people but fucking a. We'd put that game away in the first half based on the first few series and still almost came back with helmet-less squints. 

• Like 2

What a fucking pussy. He needs to be ridiculed relentlessly until the day he dies. By everyone.
I walked around the rose bowl with 1500 cash on me for 3 hours, flew out there that morning with only a backup plan to hang out with a friend 5 miles away from the stadium having a USC party. Couldn't get a ticket, so I went there as the only Texas fan. (Actually, and fuck Katy, she fucked me on a ticket with her stupid rules on hornfans....i will forever hate that fat pos cunt for that)

I got made fun of pretty much the entire game. But not at the end. I smirked and left first.
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I walked around the rose bowl with 1500 cash on me for 3 hours, flew out there that morning with only a backup plan to hang out with a friend 5 miles away from the stadium having a USC party. Couldn't get a ticket, so I went there as the only Texas fan. (Actually, and fuck Katy, she fucked me on a ticket with her stupid rules on hornfans....i will forever hate that fat pos cunt for that)

I got made fun of pretty much the entire game. But not at the end. I smirked and left first.

I went to the prior year Rose Bowl against Michigan and waiting to an hour before kickoff, I got tickets for less than face value.  I think $40 a piece.

I knew the USC game was a lot bigger but I had no idea.  I brought $1000 cash with me and walked around the stadium starting 3 hours before kickoff and saw ZERO people selling.  I thought was going to have to run back to the hotel and watch it on TV.  A bit less than an hour before kickoff I finally ran into a guy selling a single ticket for a grand and bought it eagerly.  Wife had to go back to the hotel and watch on the TV. 

Best money I ever spent.  Sat in the corner of the endzone that Vince ran it into for the win.  Sat near a bunch of USC people who were very nice, but their disappointment was delicious.    

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I went to the prior year Rose Bowl against Michigan and waiting to an hour before kickoff, I got tickets for less than face value.  I think $40 a piece.

I was there for that one as well.  Took my then girlfriend now wife, and got engaged that weekend.  Stayed a few days in La Jolla.  Longish drive to and from the stadium, but La Jolla >> L.A. County. 

On 6/13/2019 at 3:51 PM, Tex-19 said:

I think DL will be a push (Losing Omenihu hurts but Roach should be an upgrade over Hager).

Ossai seems like an upgrade but the other 2 LB slots are likely downgrades (Shark could be a push). 

Long-term, CB seems like an upgrade, but I think it's a downgrade early in the season (i.e. LSU). Cook/Green are totally unproven so I don't see how we can say they'll already be better than 2 guys who are in NFL training camps. Could it happen? Sure. But there's no evidence that it's the case. 

I don't know how to feel about nickel - obviously love BJ and what he can do blitzing, but I haven't paid much attention to his coverage ability so am a little unsure if that's the best position for him.

Safety is obviously an upgrade with everyone returning and more experienced.

So overall, defense will probably be pretty similar to last year. Will our overall pass coverage be better this year? Probably not early on at least unless you really believe the spring sunshine reports on Cook/Green. Will our pass rush improve? I could see Ossai/Roach outweighing the Omenihu loss, especially with BJ blitzing. Run Defense? Losing Omenihu and the LBs seems like a big obstacle, but the safeties/nickel should help.

Honestly, the biggest factor for this defense is probably just TO's gameplanning, particularly in the 4th quarter.

You are forgetting Coburn. Hes my choice to blow up this season. With his size ,strength and mean, its not gonna take him any time to assert himself. 

One Of the main. Things that made TOs D so good their first year was Poona disrupting the LOS. Coburn is gonna be better. A lot better. 

Unfortunately that line disruption also had Gary Johnsin and Malik , when the were really clicking playing plus LB at both positions. 

So if we dont have people stepping up at Mack and Rover. It might not count as much. 

• Like 2

The main reason I'm not as worried as some about the defense is because recruiting talent is a much better predictor of success than returning starters.

Every single starting defensive back this coming season was ranked in the top 100.  Jones (40), Sterns (19), Foster (24), Cook (64), Green (47).  Even backups: Overshown (52).

The 2005 Texas team relied heavily on young players that hadn't contributed much or at all before that season:  Charles, Ramonce, Sweed, Pittman, Kelson, Orakpo, Wright.  More so on offense than defense but still.  If you were going off returning production, Texas basically had nothing returning from the skills positions.  It wasn't a weakness because the talent was elite.  Same thing for Clemson last year.  5 of their 6 most productive offensive players were underclassmen.

People are hesitant to be confident because of how recruits turned out under Mack and Strong, but this level of recruiting is different.  For every Hill or Elliott, Strong had a Jason Hall or Dylan Haines bringing the defense down.  This defense does not have the same kind of holes in talent.  Even the positions people are worried about (LB, DT, DE) are places where the talent level is elite.

I think it's the most talented defense in the conference and one of the five most talented in the nation.  You can survive and even thrive with youth when that's the case.

Also, I think we're all pretty confident in the offense and the defense looked like the better side of the ball in the spring game.  Not that it matters much, but they looked impressive.

Edited by fellside
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Machinator said:

See, I've been saying it's all about the Torque.  You Texans are constantly talking about horsepower, but it's all torque boys...all torque!  

On 6/16/2019 at 12:42 PM, Sleepygrad said:

This. What a loser.  At that point in the game, I immediately turned to my buddy and said “I’d like to welcome you to the Vince Young Show.”  And the rest was history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'll defer to the OL knowers - is Shack really THAT good? I mean he seemed solid, but he's getting some real hype this preseason.

Well, he's a returning starter, so according to the preseason mags he's the difference between winning and losing and automatically better than anyone else (unless you play at OU, where apparently everybody will always be as good as the lost starters.)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'll defer to the OL knowers - is Shack really THAT good? I mean he seemed solid, but he's getting some real hype this preseason.

He’s a solid player, but he’s nasty and gives 100%. Lots of players don’t. Shack’s a great team guy. He reminds me a little of Kasey Studdard. Wish we had more like him. 

17 hours ago, texifornia said:

No. but he's a 4 year starter and even the postseason OL awards are questionable, so the pre-season one's are always a joke.