KKK Flyers Appear In Driveways of North Texas Homes

Vic Mackey

kkk.jpg

WOLFE CITY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Residents in one North Texas city are on edge after flyers promoting the Ku Klux Klan have randomly appeared at their homes.

The Hunt County Sheriff’s Office says they received calls from residents in Wolfe City about the flyers on Dec. 29. The flyers were inside a sealed plastic bag and were weighted down with a rock.

Authorities say they appeared to be thrown randomly at residential driveways throughout the city.

“This kind of activity is very unsettling to everyone and it was evident in the number of houses we responded to Saturday night,” said Sheriff Randy Meeks. “I want to assure the public that we are working with [Wolfe City Police] Chief Martin and conducting a thorough investigation.”

According to the sheriff’s office, 80 flyers have been recovered as of Wednesday afternoon. Residents are asked to contact the Wolfe City Police Department or the sheriff’s office if they see anymore flyers.

9 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Not even 20 years ago the city of Greenville had a sign when you drove into town that said “Greenville, Texas...home of the blackest dirt and the whitest people” 

Blackest Land, not soil

Related image

Read about it here

https://www.amazon.com/Blackest-Land-Whitest-People-Greenville/dp/1425944256

This sign was hanging on the main street intersection of downtown, from the 1920s to the late 1960s, two blocks from where I lived. My hometown is Greenville, Texas. Greenville is known throughout the nation for two things: its unique slogan, "The Blackest Land - The Whitest People" and its famous 1908 lynching. The famous sign hung on the main street between our train station and our bus station. As soldiers and civilian passengers passed through our town, it provided a very conspicuous view. This book is about what it was like being black and growing up in Greenville, Texas.

51CAB9JTBZL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

15 hours ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

I mean, it doesn't seem like it would be too terribly difficult to check out the return address that is presumably on them.  

If history holds, pretty obvious4209 Parry Ave, Dallas, TX 75223.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 9

When I worked in Rockwall I got something similar on my door but it was very vague. It basically said "Do you love America? Do you love BBQ? Come rally for America at the Rockwall County courthouse and head out for a night of BBQ, beer, and friends". It was signed by someone using the title "grand dragon" and that's when the flyer went into the trash lol

It was probably BBQ from Dickey's anyway.

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Robert Byrd says "hi."

And you should get a sense of humor.

And you should get:

1 -- a fucking clue:

David Duke, the former KKK grand wizard, is unambiguous about what Saturday’s alt-right and neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, means to him: It’s the fulfillment of President Donald Trump’s vision for America.

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

2: your ass back to the Cloak Room, where it can be handed to you repeatedly, in appropriate environs.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And you should get:

1 -- a fucking clue:

2: your ass back to the Cloak Room, where it can be handed to you repeatedly, in appropriate environs.

With all due respect, if you equate repeatedly electing a former Klansman to be a Democratic Senate leader for decades with some random jackass supporting a politician, I might suggest you get a clue. I think you're smart enough to ascertain the difference, but you're so tribal and reactionary it often clouds your perspective ... which is why the Cloak Room continues to be an echo chamber for tilting windmills and astroturf outrage. While I appreciate the invitation, the island of misfit snowflakes has really lost its luster. Chuckle at having my ass handed to me by you chimps throwing shit at imaginary bogeymen.

I repeat my admonition to get a sense of humor, but maybe this one hits too close to home.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

21 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Not even 20 years ago the city of Greenville had a sign when you drove into town that said “Greenville, Texas...home of the blackest dirt and the whitest people” 

oh yeah I remember playing a game there in high school back in 1998 and seeing that sign...

you stupid fucking dipshit. 

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

oh yeah I remember playing a game there in high school back in 1998 and seeing that sign...

you stupid fucking dipshit. 

Fucker the sign was still on little places around town on I-30 that I remember seeing.  I’m fucking 38 and I lived out of state for 10 years.  Fuck you too

11 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

So why is there a police investigation? How is advertising political ideas, even though abhorrent to most people, against the law?

I assume that some level of police involvement will satiate the radicals who would otherwise stage riots across the country in response to these flyers that some irrelevant guy printed at his mom’s house in grand prairie. 

27 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

So why is there a police investigation? How is advertising political ideas, even though abhorrent to most people, against the law?

They gonna make him sit on the Group W bench for littering.

8 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

... what are you supposed to do with the flyers once you fill them out?  asking for a friend.

I like where there isn't any room after the "employment" category.  Whoever did this was thinking ahead and saving time and space.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:32 PM, Vic Mackey said:

kkk.jpg

WOLFE CITY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Residents in one North Texas city are on edge after flyers promoting the Ku Klux Klan have randomly appeared at their homes.

The Hunt County Sheriff’s Office says they received calls from residents in Wolfe City about the flyers on Dec. 29. The flyers were inside a sealed plastic bag and were weighted down with a rock.

Authorities say they appeared to be thrown randomly at residential driveways throughout the city.

“This kind of activity is very unsettling to everyone and it was evident in the number of houses we responded to Saturday night,” said Sheriff Randy Meeks. “I want to assure the public that we are working with [Wolfe City Police] Chief Martin and conducting a thorough investigation.”

According to the sheriff’s office, 80 flyers have been recovered as of Wednesday afternoon. Residents are asked to contact the Wolfe City Police Department or the sheriff’s office if they see anymore flyers.

So someone in 2018 is going to list their employer on a KKK application form?  Racists are pretty damn stupid.