Kingsbury interviewing for NFL Jobs

Hornius Emeritus

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, runthebone said:

He was on sort of a hot seat/surprising list I read a week or two ago.  Given their total collapse the second half of the season, I wonder if the NFL has figured him out.

I don’t think there’s really been much to figure out. Their whole offense is Kyler scrambling and Hopkins making plays down the field. Kyler was scared out of his mind last night and has generally worn down as the season progress so he scrambles less and Hopkins was out. 

If anything, we saw a better picture last night of what Kliff has actually been contributing to the team the whole time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Why?  He inherited the worst team in the NFL, which went 3-13 the year before he arrived.

1st year: 5-10-1

2nd year: 8-8

3rd year: 11-6

Why would that warrant a firing?

Apparently you don’t understand the reactionary nature of Surly and the world in general. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 7:40 PM, redswingline said:

Coach bro was 16-21 n his last 3 years at Tech, usually finishing around 7th.

I obviously don't know shit, because nothing he did there screams "lets hire this guys to run an NFL team".

I think the logic was that he was going to get an NFL OC job and if it went well at all there would be teams competing to hire him at HC after a couple years because he was such a respected Xs and Os guy. Arizona was just betting he would have turned out to be a good OC and figured they could get tomorrow’s hot commodity today at a discount. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Just here to remind folks that A&M's greatest offensive year and best year in the SEC had to do with "Techtard" Kliff making them dangerous for once.

Maybe should have paid Kliff 7.5 a year.

Yes, that was Kliff and not Johnny running around in circles and heaving it to a future HOF receiver. 

30 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Yes, that was Kliff and not Johnny running around in circles and heaving it to a future HOF receiver. 

Kliff designed every aspect of those scrambles and panic heaves. Because of his genius a&m beat duke in the final minutes of the chicken bowl. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/22/2022 at 2:22 PM, Eggo said:

I think it was both of those things, plus the fact that the SEC was still in the stone age offensively and they just were not really built or prepared to deal with the high-flying uptempo spread stuff. That and the targeting rule was brand new, so suddenly receivers could stop and go up after jump balls without getting absolutely murdered by a headhunting DB as they tried to come down with it.

I mean fucking Mizzou also came in and quickly won the East basically because they had come from the B12 and knew how to do offense that wasn't just slamming sides of beef together. 

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, pacman said:

Kliff's lady friend.

You could probably Weird Science something hotter but it would be damn difficult.

Screenshot_20220805-010502_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220805-010448_Facebook.jpg

I could definitely Weird Science a girl not to have a Vic Mackey chola ass and one that’s not a tranny. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...