2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

16 minutes ago, DigDug said:

Should have let that go longer if you ask me.  I thought he was still scrambling a bit.

I agree, championship fight deserves more. Ref was jumping around like he was about to lose his mind though.

Edited by SameSame

32 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Dillashaw seems like a toolbag

That's like saying these NBA players seem tall.

These dudes are insulated humans who roll with other dudes of the same ilk day after day and beat each other up for a living. Have you ever seen one that wasn't a total tool? 

Edited by Junior Miller

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

These dudes are insulated humans who roll with other dudes of the same ilk day after day and beat each other up for a living. Have you ever seen one that wasn't a total tool? 

Randy Couture 

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Theres tons of good personalities on the roster

Sorry, but you don't make violence your life unless you're a tool. Cops: tools. Military: tools. Cage fighters: tools. 

Don't get me wrong now I enjoy the entertainment factor but these guys are just paid gladiators who aren't supposed to finish the job completely. Nothing more. Nothing less. Disposable. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Sorry, but you don't make violence your life unless you're a tool. Cops: tools. Military: tools. Cage fighters: tools. 

Don't get me wrong now I enjoy the entertainment factor but these guys are just paid gladiators who aren't supposed to finish the job completely. Nothing more. Nothing less. Disposable. 

hows your kale salad?

You are a simpleton. Myself and a couple others here have trained various martial arts alongside mma fighters, and they are just like everyone else. Some are good people, some are douchebags. You obviously fall into the douchebag category.

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

You are a simpleton. Myself and a couple others here have trained various martial arts alongside mma fighters, and they are just like everyone else. Some are good people, some are douchebags. You obviously fall into the douchebag category.

Ok, cool. 

You can get personally butthurt by the truth if you want. I trained judo and muai Thai informally until a serious injury killed my pro sports career and required years of rehab. I was a tool too. You're a tool. Just accept the truth and stop acting like a baby throwing insults out of emotion.  

But enough of that. This thread is for us to enjoy the tools giving each other brain damage. Let it get back to that now. 

I briefly watched a replay of the headlining championship fight...

It wasn't going to get any better for TJ. Yeah, you could let him take more punishment, but it would have taken a miracle for him to get some type of hold on Cejudo where he could recuperate his brain,. It was too early in the fight and Cejudo was not going to let up from exhaustion.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Ok, cool. 

You can get personally butthurt by the truth if you want. I trained judo and muai Thai informally until a serious injury killed my pro sports career and required years of rehab. I was a tool too. You're a tool. Just accept the truth and stop acting like a baby throwing insults out of emotion.  

But enough of that. This thread is for us to enjoy the tools giving each other brain damage. Let it get back to that now. 

you cant toss a dipshit opinion like that and then just slink away.  i'd even say a majority of the roster - especially the upper echelon of the - are good-natured, amicable, honest people. 

22 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I briefly watched a replay of the headlining championship fight...

It wasn't going to get any better for TJ. Yeah, you could let him take more punishment, but it would have taken a miracle for him to get some type of hold on Cejudo where he could recuperate his brain,. It was too early in the fight and Cejudo was not going to let up from exhaustion.

I disagree to a certain extent. It’s debatable, whether or not things would’ve gotten better. I just feel like in a “champ vs champ” fight like that, we gotta have more of a definitive ending. Dana even said as much. We’ve seen TJ with his back against the wall, at least let him take some “kill shots”.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Junior Miller said:

Ok, cool. 

Did you get sand in your vagina?

On 1/21/2019 at 12:17 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I disagree to a certain extent. It’s debatable, whether or not things would’ve gotten better. I just feel like in a “champ vs champ” fight like that, we gotta have more of a definitive ending. Dana even said as much. We’ve seen TJ with his back against the wall, at least let him take some “kill shots”.

Thing about that is, it's not the ref's job to be thinking, "SUPER FIGHT!" "CHAMP CHAMP!"

The job of the ref is to protect fighters from taking unnecessary damage once the fight is determined. It ends there. They aren't marketing tools. They aren't UFC promoters. They are there for fighter safety and TJ needed protection because he wasn't protecting himself. TJ was done; he was limply reaching for a leg and not even defending the shots raining down on his head. It was a good stop.

Also, the idea of a super fight or champ/champ being uniquely exciting is dead. UFC has ridden that horse too many times now.

Edited by bad_teammate

On 1/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Junior Miller said:

Ok, cool. 

nah man, there is no was in it.  you're still a tool

• Like 1

A buzzed Eddie Bravo was struggling to finish a story about training with Pico after Rogan had hooked them up. He had know idea who he was as a fighter only as an elite wrestler. So he embarrassingly admits everyday as he was coaching Ju Jitsu to him that his only game plan should be to take-down, control, smash, choke. His last text ever to Pico was just that. He later after the fact learned that Pico had good hands, was being coached to strike and destroy and was having great success with standing in the ring.

This is their in-fight watch party...

Edited by JohnnyRage
choke
  • Like 1

He started out kind of whiny blaming the ref when he was the one that got rocked and wasn't clenching, guarding, or fighting back. 

The tragedy about that situation with Dana and everyone calling out that ref publicly is if you're a UFC ref now seeing your fellow ref getting blasted for protecting a fighter you're far more likely to let the next fights you call go too long and let some poor bastards take way more punishment than they need. It was really dangerous and stupid for Dana to call out the ref publicly.