2019 Poker run gooder or die thread

AUS-97HORN

Open to 600 w ATo in HJ

BTN (old white lady reg) and BB call. 2200 pot

K79 rainbow. Chk around

8x. I 700, BTN 2k. Only I call. 6200 pot

J. I check and she checks DAMNIT

She had 79.

I believe I played every street wrong. Well done, lurch. Asshole.

Open to 600 w ATo in HJ

BTN (old white lady reg) and BB call. 2200 pot

K79 rainbow. Chk around

8x. I 700, BTN 2k. Only I call. 6200 pot

J. I check and she checks DAMNIT

She had 79.

I believe I played every street wrong. Well done, lurch. Asshole.

I like every street except river actually. Flop is fine to either bet or check. Def bet headsup, def check 4+ handed imo.

BTN checking flop is not great.

We need to bet river bc old lady generally will be too scared to bet anything but a chop. Check-raise also doesn’t do much good bc if she does bet set or 2p she almost always folds to the c/r, so we don’t get value but we do get completely stacked the blue moons she has QT.
  • Like 1

I like every street except river actually. Flop is fine to either bet or check. Def bet headsup, def check 4+ handed imo.

BTN checking flop is not great.

We need to bet river bc old lady generally will be too scared to bet anything but a chop. Check-raise also doesn’t do much good bc if she does bet set or 2p she almost always folds to the c/r, so we don’t get value but we do get completely stacked the blue moons she has QT.

I def need to bet flop. I think I need to fold turn but haven’t done math. River was just fucking moronic especially when turn call was SOLELY to hit 8 cards!

UTG opens 2600. 3 callers. I call w T8dd in SB. BB joins. 14200 pot

T83 ssc. Checks to CO, 4k, BTN calls, I 20k. All fold.

Next hand. Folds to my BTN. I 3k w Q3o. Both blinds call. 10200 pot.

Q53. Chk to me, I 5k, SB folds, BB jams 20k w flush draw but misses. Plus, I boat up w Q river.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good

• Like 1

I def need to bet flop. I think I need to fold turn but haven’t done math. River was just fucking moronic especially when turn call was SOLELY to hit 8 cards!

Are we betting every flop 3 handed? If so we are way over-cbetting. This is a solid hand and board to put in our check-back range.

42k to 500/1k/1k

Tight old guy UTG 3k. Aggro young guy in UTG+1 calls. Folds to me in BB w T8dd. Defend here?

Close. Def if he made it 2500. I would likely peel.

HJ opens 2500. CO, BTN, SB all call. I call in BB w K9o. 13.5 pot.

953 rainbow. Chk,chk, CO 4k, fold, fold, I chkraise to 15k. HJ folds. CO tanks w 20k behind before folding a 5 face up for some reason.

I really think we should just call here. Are we trying to make better hands fold or worse hands call?

I’m just looking for over card hands to fold, so yes worse hands fold and not improve

We are spending way too much to get someone with 15% chance of improving to fold, and guaranteeing we get stacked when they have it. Also we would LOVE for AK to see a king turn.

Edit to add: I think raising is a bit better if we have more opponents still in the hand. But here, we only have two: the HJ and the CO. The CO already put in 4k and he isn’t deep enough where we can fold if we jam. So we don’t want to drive him out, we want to keep his bluffs and weaker hands in.

We are spending way too much to get someone with 15% chance of improving to fold, and guaranteeing we get stacked when they have it. Also we would LOVE for AK to see a king turn.

Two overs would be 25% no? I would just misplay this hand on later streets

46 minutes ago, Lurch said:

UTG opens 2600. 3 callers. I call w T8dd in SB. BB joins. 14200 pot

T83 ssc. Checks to CO, 4k, BTN calls, I 20k. All fold.

Next hand. Folds to my BTN. I 3k w Q3o. Both blinds call. 10200 pot.

Q53. Chk to me, I 5k, SB folds, BB jams 20k w flush draw but misses. Plus, I boat up w Q river.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good

Gotta love the gay waiter 

Open MP to 4500 w AK. Super good asian dude new to table calls in BB after eyeing me a bit. BB calls. 16k pot

QT6 rainbow. Check, I 6k only BB calls. 28k pot.

4. I check, he 9500. Perfect odds to chase? I do.

J. I 23k, he folds

Next hand 2 limp to my 89 in BB. I check 10k pot

K7T. Check to CO who bets 11k w 10k behind. SB folds. I have to shove right? I do he calls KQ and we don’t get there

Two hands later I open 6k w K9hh on BTN and SB shoves 40k. Can’t call. Damn rough run

Next hand 2 limp to my 89 in BB. I check 10k pot

K7T. Check to CO who bets 11k w 10k behind. SB folds. I have to shove right? I do he calls KQ and we don’t get there

Two hands later I open 6k w K9hh on BTN and SB shoves 40k. Can’t call. Damn rough run

Turn it around! I actually think the 89 is a fold. We never have the best hand, have no fold equity, aren’t getting odds to draw. We win 1/3ish and are putting in 21k on flop to win 31k. So we need more like 40% equity. QJ is closer just bc he sometimes shows up with a ten which gives us extra outs or he might have the 89 so we have best hand.