Killen’s STQ

AustinMT

Yeah,  Pappas is great (so is B & B, which isn’t’t too far).  The STQ menu looked interesting. Was thinking it would let me try Killen’s (never been to any of the restaurants) without going to Pearland.

Edited by AustinMT

41 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

Yeah,  Pappas is great (so is B & B, which isn’t’t too far).  The STQ menu looked interesting. Was thinking it would let me try Killen’s (never been to any of the restaurants) without going to Pearland.

They are different restaurants.  STQ has some things outside the typical steakhouse fare.

• 1 month later...

Went on Friday for my birthday dinner. Great food, GF had the short rib (which is insane, never saw a short rib so giant) and I had a ribeye. 

The smoked gouda mac n cheese was divine as well.

I will echo what others said, Pappa's had a better steak but if you want the wood-fired taste you get with BBQ, STQ brings it hard. I'll definitely go again.

37 minutes ago, Shenanigans said:

Went on Friday for my birthday dinner. Great food, GF had the short rib (which is insane, never saw a short rib so giant) and I had a ribeye. 

The smoked gouda mac n cheese was divine as well.

I will echo what others said, Pappa's had a better steak but if you want the wood-fired taste you get with BBQ, STQ brings it hard. I'll definitely go again.

I think our strategy next time will be to get 2 appetizers, a short rib, mac & cheese and split a dessert.  The portions are big.

Wine list was nice -- most of the markups were about 50%, though a couple were 100%.  Still less than most places.