Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer

LTtxfan

Best of all time is a stretch I think, especially after only one game against a weak opponent. This may be the most balanced team they've ever had, and imo best QB..but other than that all I can say is every Bama opponent this year will need to play their best game to have a chance, but you could say the same about every Saban coached Bama squad from 2010- now

I'm not sure i buy that this is the best Bama team of all time as they lost the heart of their OL, their RB, their WRs and Bill Obrien is still their OC (avg 11 pts less than when Sark was there). That said if anyone reloads, these days, its Bama.  They bring back a Heisman QB and their D which is something fierce.

Their line...transfer at starter

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/2022-alabama-crimson-tide-position-preview-offensive-linemen

Their running backs...transfer as starter

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2022/8/19/23302932/alabama-crimson-tide-2022-fall-football-preview-deep-running-backs-room-gibbs-mclellan

Their wide receivers...transfer as starter

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/2022-alabama-crimson-tide-position-preview-wide-receivers-blackwell

Their cornerbacks...transfer as starter

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/2022-alabama-crimson-tide-position-preview-defensive-backs

Seems like Bama gives zero fks about their 5-star recruits feelings and just transfer portals those they hope can play day one.  These all need time to learn the system and gel as a unit, not sure they are there.   Marrone was a bust at OL coach, like i said he would be, and was replaced by Wolford after one year.       

Edited by RollLeft

On 9/6/2022 at 10:20 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

Don't know why, just a feeling I guess, but I think they are in for a setback this year.  Key injuries at QB, RB and Ol.  I keep wondering if/when complacency will set in.

I mean winning all the time isn't good for the kids, and losing is good for the kids.....right?

Something something of mice and men?

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2022 at 10:09 AM, RollLeft said:

Where does the current Bama team rank among all the Bama teams?  I hear Bama fans saying it is the best of all time.  

We're cautiously optimistic that this will be one of Saban's more complete teams.  But, we don't know yet. Last years team, despite the "good" results was, in my opinion, the worst Bama team since 2010, especially after all the injuries piled up. 

We're hoping the O-line will be better with our new coach there. The DB situation looks to be much improved.  We definitely have more depth and talent there. It remains to be seen how that will translate to the field. Utah State isn't much of a measuring stick. By the end of last year,  we were down to one hobbled scholarship RB. The RB's are deep and talented this year, with guys coming back from injury and Gibbs, the GT transfer. 

It should be a very good team. We don't have 3-4 known first round  WR's like Jeudy, Ruggs, Smith, and Waddle. But, I think there are some Young guys that can turn into that.

I don't love Bill Obrien,  but he was solid last year. If the O-line has improved,  and with what should be  a resurgent defense, "solid" will probably be good enough.  But, if you guys want to trade Sark for him, we can make it happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/6/2022 at 10:14 AM, TexArcher said:

I mean, we're 2-0 against the greatest team of all time in the last 30 years, so...   

2019 LSU has also been regarded as one of the greatest teams of all time, but I guess that doesn't fit your 2-0 narrative. 

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

2019 LSU has also been regarded as one of the greatest teams of all time, but I guess that doesn't fit your 2-0 narrative. 

This is literally the first time I've ever heard anyone suggest that.

1996 Nebraska and 2005 USC were on the verge of being able to claim dynasty status until they ran into Texas.  It's a little different.

• Like 1

Nick, Terry Saban invest in Tuscaloosa luxury boutique hotel

alamite-1.jpg

The race for Alabama super-fans to stay in Nick Saban's own hotel begins a week from Thursday.

ZACH BARNETT                SEP 8, 2022

Remember the rumor some years ago that Nick Saban was on the verge of leaving Alabama because of some "bad land deals"? Fast forward to 2022 and Saban is still in crimson, set to surpass the $200 million mark in lifetime earnings at Alabama, and is actually involved in the Tuscaloosa real estate scene.

Nick and Terry Saban are part of an investment group behind The Alamite, a boutique hotel in downtown Tuscaloosa.

According to Tuscaloosa Thread, the Alamite is "'a world-class boutique hotel with a regional soul'" that promises to offer 'the finest in Southern hospitality without the cliches.'"

In addition to 112 "upscale" rooms, the Alamite will also feature an "elevated" French steakhouse and a rooftop bar and grill. 

"Terry and I are excited to be a part of the ownership group for The Alamite,” said Nick Saban. “Not only will this investment benefit our local economy, but it also represents a new standard for design and comfort in downtown Tuscaloosa.”

The hotel is scheduled to open Sept. 15, two days before the No. 1 Crimson Tide host ULM. Highlight weekends figure to be Oct. 8, when Alabama hosts No. 6 Texas A&M, and Nov. 26, when the Iron Bowl comes to town. One can imagine dropping a "Oh yeah, we went straight to the Alamite after our private jet landed" quickly becoming the ultimate flex in the Bryant-Denny Stadium luxury boxes. Sounds like a good land deal to me. 

Edited by LTtxfan

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Nick, Terry Saban invest in Tuscaloosa luxury boutique hotel

alamite-1.jpg

The race for Alabama super-fans to stay in Nick Saban's own hotel begins a week from Thursday.

ZACH BARNETT                SEP 8, 2022

Remember the rumor some years ago that Nick Saban was on the verge of leaving Alabama because of some "bad land deals"? Fast forward to 2022 and Saban is still in crimson, set to surpass the $200 million mark in lifetime earnings at Alabama, and is actually involved in the Tuscaloosa real estate scene.

Nick and Terry Saban are part of an investment group behind The Alamite, a boutique hotel in downtown Tuscaloosa.

According to Tuscaloosa Thread, the Alamite is "'a world-class boutique hotel with a regional soul'" that promises to offer 'the finest in Southern hospitality without the cliches.'"

In addition to 112 "upscale" rooms, the Alamite will also feature an "elevated" French steakhouse and a rooftop bar and grill. 

"Terry and I are excited to be a part of the ownership group for The Alamite,” said Nick Saban. “Not only will this investment benefit our local economy, but it also represents a new standard for design and comfort in downtown Tuscaloosa.”

The hotel is scheduled to open Sept. 15, two days before the No. 1 Crimson Tide host ULM. Highlight weekends figure to be Oct. 8, when Alabama hosts No. 6 Texas A&M, and Nov. 26, when the Iron Bowl comes to town. One can imagine dropping a "Oh yeah, we went straight to the Alamite after our private jet landed" quickly becoming the ultimate flex in the Bryant-Denny Stadium luxury boxes. Sounds like a good land deal to me. 

Is it just me or does Alamite sound like some kind of horrible medical condition?

1 hour ago, USNALonghorn said:

How about “what if I could forget that shit ever happened?”

No shit, we are becoming like my relatives and the fuckin' 1969 Arkansas game.  We just need to move on.  How about we kick these complacent motherfuckers in their fucking teeth and beat the sons of bitches by 21 in the name of James F'n Brown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Saban's happy for such a tough win.  You can tell how much he's looking forward to chewing asses this week in practice...  😋

Bama has a lot of areas to work on.  No doubt they'll get better as the season goes along.  

it blows me away, that saban has had so many talented coaches on his staff and he has bill obrien as his oc. the man is a coaching idiot and hold back this bama offense

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Alabama Football - Now Featuring Kalen DeBoer
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic