2018 Formula One thread

Prepuce of Doom

6 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I think the minimum driver+seat weight thing was already passed.

I hope so. I know they've been talking about it for a while, with driver ballast being placed in a certain area right around the seat. Makes so much sense, and people have been calling for it for a while. 

LMFAO at The Elderly Fan calling Toto repeatedly while the Sky guys interviewed him.

Toto: That number will not be achievable. We need to find a compromise that's something sensible.

OK Toto.

Edited by wood

2 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

I wonder if the $150m includes personnel salaries (I know driver salaries aren’t included). Also, how are the PU manufacturers affected there? Mercedes, Renault, and Ferrari can just create lots of “PU Optimization Engineer” positions.

That translation of the AMuS article I posted says it does not include Drivers, executive salaries, or marketing expenses. No mention of other team personnel, so who knows. If it doesn't include the hordes of people back at the factories, then that's a huge break for Merc & Ferrari, imho.

^ Autosport guys are saying that Merc & Ferrari are already saying the downsizing would be painful. "Good", I say. Come to think of it I do remember some talk on the Sky FP2 broadcast (iirc) about giving the teams two years to reduce staffing levels. I was only half listening tho...

Just finished Australia. I'm really pissed at the terrible coverage. Just about every meaningful element of the race occurred during commercial side by side coverage with no apparent effort to cut away, no continuity to the announcers, etc.

I'm a creature of habit and would like to be able to watch pre-race, race (not commercials being given priority over the actual race), and post-race using my TV and DVR without having to learn how to use streams and downloads (especially since I often have to make an effort to avoid spoilers when watching late), but Australia was complete shit. It annoyed me so much that I didn't really enjoy watching the race very much. 

Where do I send my Strongly Worded Note? ESPN? Liberty? 

52 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Ferrari looking strong. 

MAG is a bit of a dick. Every time he is on screen he seems to be blocking someone or otherwise doing something awkward. It’s little wonder the other drivers don’t like him. 

Who, this guy? 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
Nuts