The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

10 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I want to hear another sarcastic sec chant

Herman is responsible for 1 against Mizzou and one against Georgia.  2 in 2 years.  I think that works out to 100 percent.  So it seems like there is at least >50% chance that we win. 

• Like 1

Well, looks like we are going to get stomped just like Georgia was supposed to do to us.
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/early-predictions-for-lsu--texas/83340503/

I'm no Herman sycophant, but they repeatedly bring up the idea that Coach O is a superior coach that will have his team better prepared and out-scheme the Texas staff. These people are not in touch with reality.

The oft-mentioned point about the Texas front seven is the key. They obviously think we have no talent on D and that they'll be really good at this new RPO system they're putting in, because they're delusional, but the overall point that it's a weak spot is correct. Texas's front seven will determine the outcome. If they step up and play well, Texas has a good chance to win. If LSU makes a habit of methodical scoring drives and puts Texas in a position where they have to score every time they touch the ball, which is a big ask against a loaded LSU defense, then things could fall apart.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

SEC refs, right? 

We know XII refs do shitty things to us from time to time - more times than I care to recall. We know that PAC 12 refs do stupid shit all the time. So, I'm happy we don't have either of those.

Are SEC refs prone to fucking the OOC  teams?

You serious Clark..err, Texlong?

Of course we're going to get fucked by the refs in our own house. Those guys are far more afraid of the SECSEC states and cities they live in than anything a mostly apathetic Austin could do to them before they blow out of town.

We're going to get it in the hindquarters both ways, at home by the SEC boys, then the corrupt as fuck BigXII refs will provide the big climax in red stick.

It's not a matter of if, but rather can we nullify their efforts and end up with more points on our side of the board. I predict multiple ejections if we don't fall to our knees and bow to the SEC gods like they expect us to do..

Yeah, serious. SEC3x is so egregiously blatant about so many aspects of its sports that I really haven't paid a lot of attention to the reffing in general. Actually, that would also be because I don't watch a lot of their games - for one thing I don't care to see them whipping the asses off of the patsies they schedule at least 3/4 of their OOC games, so... 

I wouldn't mind seeing some real-world examples of reffuckery.

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

SEC refs, right? 

We know XII refs do shitty things to us from time to time - more times than I care to recall. We know that PAC 12 refs do stupid shit all the time. So, I'm happy we don't have either of those.

Do Bears shit in the woods?

Is water wet?

Does OU suck?

8 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I'm no Herman sycophant, but they repeatedly bring up the idea that Coach O is a superior coach that will have his team better prepared and out-scheme the Texas staff. These people are not in touch with reality.

The oft-mentioned point about the Texas front seven is the key. They obviously think we have no talent on D and that they'll be really good at this new RPO system they're putting in, because they're delusional, but the overall point that it's a weak spot is correct. Texas's front seven will determine the outcome. If they step up and play well, Texas has a good chance to win. If LSU makes a habit of methodical scoring drives and puts Texas in a position where they have to score every time they touch the ball, which is a big ask against a loaded LSU defense, then things could fall apart.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Coach O is a 7-4 season from being axed.  

I had to LOL at this post from the tigerdroppings thread:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?sp=83350650&s=2&p=83340503#83350650

But Tom Herman is locked into Tim Beck's offense that they rename every year, but still appears to be the 2-decade old Read/option with Pro/Spread elements. Texas does indeed have tons of talent, but I'll be very surprised if the Herman/Beck offense can keep up in scoring with LSU's Spread/RPO. 

Texas has enough talent to win 9 or 10 again in the Big-12 (including non-conference), but will be out-schemed by LSU in September, IMO. 

And, "Lotsa luck" to to Herman's O against LSU's loaded defense.

• Fuck You 1

The Tiger Droppings fans are in for a rude awakening if they actually believe this shit:

"Outside of possibly the JUCO DE, they don't have a guy on the line coming in that should or could start in game 2. They lost 3 corners and only bring in one 4 star corner. They have plenty of high profile linebackers coming in, but these guys lost 8 players on defense. That defense is going to be really bad early on."

And their propensity to use aggy terms like "TU" is fucking pathetic. Beating their ass is going to be hilarious.

The Tiger Droppings fans are in for a rude awakening if they actually believe this shit:
"Outside of possibly the JUCO DE, they don't have a guy on the line coming in that should or could start in game 2. They lost 3 corners and only bring in one 4 star corner. They have plenty of high profile linebackers coming in, but these guys lost 8 players on defense. That defense is going to be really bad early on."
And their propensity to use aggy terms like "TU" is fucking pathetic. Beating their ass is going to be hilarious.

LSU should thank the SEC for taking aggy . That keeps them from annually earning the most overrated team in SEC at season’s end.

8 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?sp=83350650&s=2&p=83340503#83350650

But Tom Herman is locked into Tim Beck's offense that they rename every year, but still appears to be the 2-decade old Read/option with Pro/Spread elements. Texas does indeed have tons of talent, but I'll be very surprised if the Herman/Beck offense can keep up in scoring with LSU's Spread/RPO. 

Texas has enough talent to win 9 or 10 again in the Big-12 (including non-conference), but will be out-schemed by LSU in September, IMO. 

Ok this is pretty funny.

12 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

LSU needs to ask Mack how drastically changing the offensive scheme without a few years of recruiting the requisite players worked out. 

They've definitely got the receivers they need for this change; what they are missing is quicker OL, a better QB, and a little something called a cohesive, reasonably intelligent offensive coaching staff. You can't magically get an effective HUNH, RPO-heavy spread offense by hiring one assistant coach who is familiar with it. Coaches revert to form, and they just don't have a staff that's married to these ideas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

They've definitely got the receivers they need for this change; what they are missing is quicker OL, a better QB, and a little something called a cohesive, reasonably intelligent offensive coaching staff. You can't magically get an effective HUNH, RPO-heavy spread offense by hiring one assistant coach who is familiar with it. Coaches revert to form, and they just don't have a staff that's married to these ideas.

Yep. LSU is relying on their WRs coach, who’s Never been a named assistant at any level to magically revamp the offense. Their OC is not skilled/experienced at running/installing this system.

Seems reminiscent of another situation that happened a few years back under this guy.

13993947702.jpe

• Like 1

LSU's best shot at winning the game is doing what they've done for years and running the ball up the gut and trying to wear down the other line by their size and athleticism. Trying to break in a new offense on the road with an o-line and qb not suited for the new scheme seems like a recipe for disaster irrespective of how good Texas is.

I just laugh at the fact that they think we're going to struggle with their new magical high powered offense.  As if we don't fucking play in the Big 12.  Hey fuck faces.  We've had to face Lincoln Riley and his two #1 picks, Sam Darnold, Drew Locke, Will Grier, and quite a few other good QBs.  Not fucking scared of Joe Burrow and your new RPO offense.  And LMAO at that retard O out scheming us.  They are saying these things after we curb stomped Georgia in the sugar bowl.  I bought my tickets and if there is one thing I've been confident in, is that Herman will have us prepared for the big games.  And those predictions have them blowing us out.  Since when have we gotten blown out in the 3 years Herman has been here?  Those dudes will have an epic meltdown when they realize their new "high powered" offense with big slow OL and a QB that can't throw for shit can't produce against Orlando.  And this is on the road in a stadium that is going to be rowdy in Austin.  It's like aggy's delusion has seeped into those cajun rednecks.  

LSU fans... don't ever go full aggy.  

Edited by victory88
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Tex Long said:

SEC refs, right? 

Any refs that aren't big12 refs are good for everyone. The fuck-up calls won't happen every other play. The fuck-up long reviews won't happen. The ref huddle after every call (or no-call) won't fuck up the rhythm of the game. I mean, fuck. Look at their twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big12Refs

11 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

We should feel honored that they fixed their offense just for us.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Any refs that aren't big12 refs are good for everyone. The fuck-up calls won't happen every other play. The fuck-up long reviews won't happen. The ref huddle after every call (or no-call) won't fuck up the rhythm of the game. I mean, fuck. Look at their twitter.

https://twitter.com/Big12Refs

I think replay will be big12, refs on field will be sec. so.... replays will probably last 10 minutes each

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I think replay will be big12, refs on field will be sec. so.... replays will probably last 10 minutes each

Not if the officials on the field don't fuck up the call - then try to back track though replay. Or not fuck up the call - then try to back track though replay for no reason. 

I don't think the big12 replay officials have the balls to stop the game with SEC officials on the field for fucking nothing. They probably don't want to look like dummies.

I'd love for them to stop the game to review if the receiver on a screen was behind the LOS or not. SECSECSEC people would be scratching their ass over that one

Ah yes, our Read/Option with Spread elements is sooo old, compared to their new fangled Spread with Run/Pass Option.

The People’s Front of Judea ; completely different than the Judean People’s Front.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Ah yes, our Read/Option with Spread elements is sooo old, compared to their new fangled Spread with Run/Pass Option.

The People’s Front of Judea ; completely different than the Judean People’s Front.

I thought that was the joke. 

Yeah, forgot about the replay officials being same conference. The replay can do their own review anyway, can't they? They just have to inform the White hat guy they're doing it, they don't need to have him ask for a review, I think. Not sure what happens if (when?) the Ref tells them to fuck off and starts play - hasn't happened yet, but it should happen, and I hope I'm there or watching when it does.

1) Will LSU Game be at night??     (Hope So)

2) What determines whether ABC/ESPN or FOX covers the Texas/LSU game??

Already one article predicting that College GameDay will probably be going to Clemson/Aggy game instead of Horns/LSU......   

"Sept. 7: Texas A&M at Clemson — There are two big games this week: A&M-Clemson and LSU at Texas. Since Texas is a Big 12 school, there’s a good chance FOX swoops this game up, while ESPN is guaranteed to have A&M-Clemson on its air. Tie goes to the guaranteed broadcast rights."

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I thought we were the Popular Front...

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

1) Will LSU Game be at night??     (Hope So)

2) What determines whether ABC/ESPN or FOX covers the Texas/LSU game??

Already one article predicting that College GameDay will probably be going to Clemson/Aggy game instead of Horns/LSU......   

"Sept. 7: Texas A&M at Clemson — There are two big games this week: A&M-Clemson and LSU at Texas. Since Texas is a Big 12 school, there’s a good chance FOX swoops this game up, while ESPN is guaranteed to have A&M-Clemson on its air. Tie goes to the guaranteed broadcast rights."

1) Yes.*

2) The tier 1 rights of the conference affiliated with the home team.*

*Pulling out of my ass without appropriate research.  That's what we do here.

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Don't forget a TE that can actually catch the ball. 

LSU's best shot at winning the game is doing what they've done for years and running the ball up the gut and trying to wear down the other line by their size and athleticism. Trying to break in a new offense on the road with an o-line and qb not suited for the new scheme seems like a recipe for disaster irrespective of how good Texas is.

I don’t think copying Georgia’s offensive game plan is the best strategy, but I am not a coach.

I truly love the fact that the SEC sycophants actually believe they have some sort of physical "SEC" advantage against our team. They actually believe that the players they recruit are bigger, stronger, and faster than the players we recruit. Even aggy has bought into this ridiculous narrative as if 18-year-old kids in that part of the country are a completely different species of human than the 18-year-old kids in the rest of the country. This perception will continue for quite a while, apparently, and it plays right into Herman's and Orlando's hands. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, victory88 said:

I just laugh at the fact that they think we're going to struggle with their new magical high powered offense.  As if we don't fucking play in the Big 12.  Hey fuck faces.  We've had to face Lincoln Riley and his two #1 picks, Sam Darnold, Drew Locke, Will Grier, and quite a few other good QBs.  Not fucking scared of Joe Burrow and your new RPO offense.  And LMAO at that retard O out scheming us.  They are saying these things after we curb stomped Georgia in the sugar bowl.  I bought my tickets and if there is one thing I've been confident in, is that Herman will have us prepared for the big games.  And those predictions have them blowing us out.  Since when have we gotten blown out in the 3 years Herman has been here?  Those dudes will have an epic meltdown when they realize their new "high powered" offense with big slow OL and a QB that can't throw for shit can't produce against Orlando.  And this is on the road in a stadium that is going to be rowdy in Austin.  It's like aggy's delusion has seeped into those cajun rednecks.  

LSU fans... don't ever go full aggy.  

I'm not gonna lie, this post got me fucking fired up. Is it September yet? 

What I'm hoping for is our defense trashes their new offense, but then their new offense trashes SEC defenses for the rest of the season. I know the SEC-SEC-SEC mouth breathers will never shut up about how the Big 12 just has shitty defenses, but this scenario would at least help a little. 

• Like 1