The downfall of Lindsay Graham

Pancho

11 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

Is election interference bad?

And if Graham was pressuring Georgia, I wonder what he was doing in his own SC race?

Jesus. Are we at the point that we need a state SOS to stand up to senators and the President in order to have real election results? If we had a few more questionable people in key state offices, this thing could have been handed to trump.

build the argument that the state election was so rigged, the state legislature has no choice but to decide for the people of Georgia or wherever. Scary.

Yup, Trump has been making evidence-free accusations for years and his moronic base gives him a fresh new benefit of the doubt every time. Made them before the 2016 election. Claimed 3 to 5 million illegal votes accusation after. Established Election Integrity Commission that found jack shit. Claimed mail-in ballot fraud before 2020. Sabotaged USPS in actual broad daylight rigging, and is now repeatedly getting his ass beat in court with more baseless claims.

22 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The pursuit of power and influence is a hell of a drug for a lifelong politician. 

I don't think it's that. I think it's blackmail. Somebody has something on Lindsay. Maybe it's a photo of another dude with his dick in Lindsay's ass. In any case, whatever it is, it's got him scared shitless.

What do they have on this guy to get him to flip so completely?  It can’t be the gay thing because 90% of people already believe that. 

He’d rightfully get a pass on gay sex with consenting adults. A disturbingly large number of adults would give him a pass on straight sex with minor girls. Only thing left is gay rape of little boys.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/07/trumps-collaborators/612250/

I, personally, will benefit.

I must remain close to power.

LOL nothing matters.

My side might be flawed, but the political opposition is much worse.

I am afraid to speak out.

In the United States of America, it is hard to imagine how fear could be a motivation for anybody. There are no mass murders of the regime’s political enemies, and there never have been. Political opposition is legal; free press and free speech are guaranteed in the Constitution. And yet even in one of the world’s oldest and most stable democracies, fear is a motive. The same former administration official who observed the importance of apocalyptic Christianity in Trump’s Washington also told me, with grim disgust, that “they are all scared.”

They are scared not of prison, the official said, but of being attacked by Trump on Twitter. They are scared he will make up a nickname for them. They are scared that they will be mocked, or embarrassed, like Mitt Romney has been. They are scared of losing their social circles, of being disinvited to parties. They are scared that their friends and supporters, and especially their donors, will desert them. John Bolton has his own super PAC and a lot of plans for how he wants to use it; no wonder he resisted testifying against Trump. Former Speaker Paul Ryan is among the dozens of House Republicans who have left Congress since the beginning of this administration, in one of the most striking personnel turnovers in congressional history. They left because they hated what Trump was doing to their party—and the country. Yet even after they left, they did not speak out.

They are scared, and yet they don’t seem to know that this fear has precedents, or that it could have consequences. They don’t know that similar waves of fear have helped transform other democracies into dictatorships. They don’t seem to realize that the American Senate really could become the Russian Duma, or the Hungarian Parliament, a group of exalted men and women who sit in an elegant building, with no influence and no power. Indeed, we are already much closer to that reality than many could ever have imagined.

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I don't think it's that. I think it's blackmail. Somebody has something on Lindsay. Maybe it's a photo of another dude with his dick in Lindsay's ass. In any case, whatever it is, it's got him scared shitless.

My guess is video and audio of lady g bending over discussing his ladybugs. 

• 3 weeks later...

This guy...

Some Republican senators have backed Trump, including Josh Hawley of Missouri and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina. Hawley said earlier this week that Trump’s push for the inclusion of a repeal of Section 230 is “absolutely reasonable and I support him 100%.”

Graham said in a tweet Friday that he supports the president and that “Big Tech is the only industry in American that cannot be sued for their business practices and are not meaningfully regulated.” Graham is chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and has postponed multiple times the consideration of legislation aimed at Section 230.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/12/04/house-has-votes-defy-trump-veto-defense-bill-hoyer-says/3824179001/

Edited by TexasHooch

41 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I admit every time I click on this thread, the McConnell thread, the Cruz thread, the Gaetz thread, the Rand Paul thread and especially the dotard thread; I hope I am greeted with a post that says the title subject died.

Yes, but I'm mostly satisfied to see them humiliating themselves.  This happens more and more frequently.  

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yes, but I'm mostly satisfied to see them humiliating themselves.  This happens more and more frequently.  

My schadenfreude definitely extends to more and more public humiliation PRIOR to a protracted, painful death.

What can I say, I've been observing these heartless fucks for decades now, and at this point I fully accept that, should there be a Hell, I'll be joining them there.  I just hope to see them go first.