The downfall of Lindsay Graham

Pancho

look at ladybugs flexing his lady bits. 

“I hope he'll be taken out, one way or the other,” Graham said during a press conference on Capitol Hill. “I don't care how they take him out. I don't care if we send him to The Hague and try him. I just want him to go.

“Yes, I'm on record,” Graham continued. “If John McCain were here, he'd be saying the same thing, I think. It's time for him to go. He's a war criminal. I wish somebody had taken Hitler out in the '30s. So yes, Vladimir Putin is not a legitimate leader. He is a war criminal.”

Lets put the two of them in an octogon and see if Lindsey can trip Vlad up with his ground game from the power bottom position. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
AP logo
Jul 5, 2022, 02:18 PM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) — The Georgia prosecutor investigating the conduct of former President Donald Trump and his allies after the 2020 election is trying to compel U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani to testify before a special grand jury.

Edited by Bullneck

10 hours ago, Bullneck said:
AP logo
Jul 5, 2022, 02:18 PM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) — The Georgia prosecutor investigating the conduct of former President Donald Trump and his allies after the 2020 election is trying to compel U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani to testify before a special grand jury.

In the days following the 2020 election, Graham called Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger twice to ask him if there was a way to throw out mail-in ballots, which were favoring President Joe Biden, according to the subpoena, first reported Tuesday by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article263184493.html#storylink=cpy

that seems like sedition 

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

The last few years have really illustrated the disparity between the normals and the elites when it comes to the concept of 'law.'

"Subpoena?  Nah, no thanks."

do as i say, not as i do !

I don't think the separation of powers argument works, at all.  What he really means is federal supremacy, and that works even less.

In our system of federalism, states and state courts are more "plenary," more free to do shit than federal courts.

However, the speech and debate clause does provide senators and congressmen a privilege for things that can be tied to legislative work, and, from what I've seen, the connection can be tenuous.  Like "I'm looking at election integrity/vote fraud," so I'm asking these questions.

However, like executive privilege and every other privilege, you don't get immunity from a subpoena.  You have to fucking show up, assert the privilege on a question-by-question basis, and the judge presiding can rule on the propriety of the privilege assertion in a specific context.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:15 AM, Gengs1 said:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1422392949568987142?s=2

Kelly out there learning some skills from Graham

Wonder who paired up with Lady G?  Manchin?  

On 8/3/2021 at 1:30 AM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Normally I’d be very interested in a story about semen on a poop deck, but shriveled hillbillies and lady bugs just aren’t my fetish. 

A010B74E-6D2A-4264-8485-9F415FFC5ECE.gif.e72c827b46759fc21aafb6dfddc89019.gif

• 2 weeks later...

"Dana, we could talk all day about interracial marriages and large black penises, but what the people of South Carolina really want to talk about it is muscular African-American men on farms, walking into the barn with the sweat glistening off of their chests ... and I mean inflation is really bad and so is the crisis on our border with all of those Hispanic men walking out of the Rio Grande River with their wet clothes clinging to their taut bodies ... and of course gas prices are out of control."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I would have thought one would have to be a member of the Executive Branch to claim executive privilege. 

So, if I plan a bank robbery but notify the White House, I can claim executive privilege when asked about my part in the plan?

This fuckwad was going after Clinton about lying to a prosecutor who asked about an affair on the record. Dickhead here was trying to overthrow an election for his master.

• Rage+1 3

15 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a non-same sex marriage state have to recognize a same sex marriage from another state?

Well, yeah, but only because the Supreme Court said so in Windsor.  But you are having to count on them not just changing their minds, because we are all learning what it means to actually have an activist court.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Looks like Lindsey's backed himself into a corner for tfg.  I have my popcorn ready, but I don't have my hopes up.

Any bets on whether tfg lets his compromising info on Lindsey leak, just for the hell of it? 

I'm guessing if tfg realizes he's going down, he just lets loose and takes down everyone he can with him.  

That'd be something to see.

• Drool 1

On 8/7/2022 at 11:22 PM, RomaVicta said:

I would have thought one would have to be a member of the Executive Branch to claim executive privilege. 

So, if I plan a bank robbery but notify the White House, I can claim executive privilege when asked about my part in the plan?

This fuckwad was going after Clinton about lying to a prosecutor who asked about an affair on the record. Dickhead here was trying to overthrow an election for his master.

He's not claiming executive privilege, he's claiming the congressional equivalent of protection by the Speech and Debate Clause, which prevents legislators from being questioned about their activities in the course of legislation.

The district court's order seems to indicate that that privilege may be valid as to questioning about the phone calls to Raffensperger, but not about other areas of inquiry.

In short, like a lot of this stuff, you still gotta show up and invoke the privilege question by question.

58 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Looks like Lindsey's backed himself into a corner for tfg.  I have my popcorn ready, but I don't have my hopes up.

Any bets on whether tfg lets his compromising info on Lindsey leak, just for the hell of it? 

I'm guessing if tfg realizes he's going down, he just lets loose and takes down everyone he can with him.  

That'd be something to see.

After listening to Tim Miller's book, "Why We Did It" and what he said about Grahams blind hatred of Trump during the primaries, his bootlicking is even more weird and makes you wonder what Trump has.  Or he's simply the opportunist shitbag most of these folks are.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He's not claiming executive privilege, he's claiming the congressional equivalent of protection by the Speech and Debate Clause, which prevents legislators from being questioned about their activities in the course of legislation.

The district court's order seems to indicate that that privilege may be valid as to questioning about the phone calls to Raffensperger, but not about other areas of inquiry.

In short, like a lot of this stuff, you still gotta show up and invoke the privilege question by question.

and this excuse by Graham that he was just using his investigatory function in the course of potentially legislating mail-in ballots/certifying the election and such is total, transparent horseshit