The downfall of Lindsay Graham

Pancho

Just talking or at least that's what the snit is about. 

He really wanted not to have to show up at all.  He can still invoke speech and debate as to those things that relate to qo legislative activity. 

And yeah he's gotta show up or be held in contempt. 

The weird thing is that the other parties to the conversations can be questioned freely about what Graham said to them, which would seem to resolve the question whether it is legitimate legislative shit or not. We all suspect that it isn't, but it should be easy enough to figure out by asking raffensnperger and others. I has a confuse why that doesn't seem to have been done. 

And him pleading the fif was always a possibility, which is probably why he tried to avoid testifying at all. 

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Would this actually amount to anything?  I guess Bannon got 4 months for contempt of Congress right?  This would be way different, no?

Contempt penalties vary widely according to state law.  Contempt of congress, while a closely related concept, is a federal crime with a max penalty of one year.

There's also two types of contempt, civil and criminal.  Criminal contempt usually involves a statute, like federal contempt of congress, and requires pretty much a separate trial.  It's a separate crime. Civil contempt can be imposed without a trial for simple disobedience of a court order and the subject can be confined indefinitely pending "purging" the contempt by doing whatever the court order says, in this case testifying.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Contempt penalties vary widely according to state law.  Contempt of congress, while a closely related concept, is a federal crime with a max penalty of one year.

There's also two types of contempt, civil and criminal.  Criminal contempt usually involves a statute, like federal contempt of congress, and requires pretty much a separate trial.  It's a separate crime. Civil contempt can be imposed without a trial for simple disobedience of a court order and the subject can be confined indefinitely pending "purging" the contempt by doing whatever the court order says, in this case testifying.

Ah, so Jim Carrey in Liar Liar was civil contempt, which is why he was immediately taken into custody?

liar-contempt.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Captainant said:

They're pretty uniformly dug into their position and now it's a matter of refusing to adming that they've been hoodwinked

Scare them with this.

Ask them "WHY DO YOU NEED THESE ENTITLEMENTS THAT LINDSEY GRAHAM AND THE OTHER CONSERVATIVE GOD-FEARING AMERICAN-LOVING REPUBLICANS WANT TO DO AWAY WITH? DEMOCRATS ARE TRYING TO DEFEND SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE, ARE YOU A LIBERAL?"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little unhinged this morning...

Would love to see these these guys start cutting politicians off when they start veering off into whataboutism.  I mean literally cut them off, once you can tell where they going, look into the camera tell the producers to cut the mic and video and say something like "we are not giving you a platform to spread your false narrative, lets move on to our next topic/guest.."

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Smax said:

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Ladybug is shook up 

As a former Air Force officer, JAG no less, he would have happily prosecuted  other members of the military for even just mishandling one of these documents.

He absolutely knows that what Trump did was wrong, but the blackmale stuff is always lurking in the background. Whatever Trump said or showed him on that golf outing forced his loyalty.  I would imagine that Graham, Turtle, McCarthy, etc., would all be extremely happy to see Trump arrested and jailed, as they could A) fundraise off of it and B) start cleaning up the mess he made and getting the GOP back in order.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

As a former Air Force officer, JAG no less, he would have happily prosecuted  other members of the military for even just mishandling one of these documents.

He absolutely knows that what Trump did was wrong, but the blackmale stuff is always lurking in the background. Whatever Trump said or showed him on that golf outing forced his loyalty.  I would imagine that Graham, Turtle, McCarthy, etc., would all be extremely happy to see Trump arrested and jailed, as they could A) fundraise off of it and B) start cleaning up the mess he made and getting the GOP back in order.

it's gotta be like no-fake pedo shit or something. no one would give two fucks if he had sex with another man - maybe initially but after a while it'll be a meh, thing. it's gotta be way more than that. i mean, how does someone like him sit up and there and repeat what he knows are lies? the kompromat must be as bad or worse than dotard's crimes. 

and I would just like to extend a thanks to kim jong un for bringing that word to the american lexicon

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it's gotta be like no-fake pedo shit or something. no one would give two fucks if he had sex with another man - maybe initially but after a while it'll be a meh, thing. it's gotta be way more than that. i mean, how does someone like him sit up and there and repeat what he knows are lies? the kompromat must be as bad or worse than dotard's crimes.

There's got to be something there - Graham spent years in the Air Force during the Cold War, in West Germany, and knows all about classified information both from his time in the Air Force, as well as being a Senator on various committees.  And I'm still amazed that Graham is such a huge supporter of Ukraine, so it makes me think that whatever Trump has on him, has to be more of a very personal nature.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and I would just like to extend a thanks to kim jong un for bringing that word to the american lexicon

You didn’t know that word already?

19 hours ago, Smax said:

Would love to see these these guys start cutting politicians off when they start veering off into whataboutism.  I mean literally cut them off, once you can tell where they going, look into the camera tell the producers to cut the mic and video and say something like "we are not giving you a platform to spread your false narrative, lets move on to our next topic/guest.."

"Journalists" are fucking worthless.  After this clip cuts off Georgie lets Graham go off on a 5-minute tirade on what-about-Hillary w/out calling him out on any of it.  Such. A. Fucking. Pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4