Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

I missed a conference call this morning because Biscuit found some cat diarrhea (including the biggest tapeworm I've ever seen) in the corner of the yard and decided to roll in it. I tried hosing him down in the 45 degree weather but Jack Russell's are fast little fuckers. Ultimately got a shop towel and carried his ass up to the bathroom where we took a nice thorough shower. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I missed a conference call this morning because Biscuit found some cat diarrhea (including the biggest tapeworm I've ever seen) in the corner of the yard and decided to roll in it. I tried hosing him down in the 45 degree weather but Jack Russell's are fast little fuckers. Ultimately got a shop towel and carried his ass up to the bathroom where we took a nice thorough shower. 

Showering with the dog. Kinky. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The old man sleeping on my foot.  Best dog I’ve ever had, and hope he lives  a long time yet.  Vizslas are definitely not for everyone, they need to be around people constantly, but what amazing dogs.  He really could do without a leash everywhere but people frown on it.  They are made of Velcro.  

image.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Bailey's vet visit was supposed to be last month.  Last year the idiot tech wouldn't let me go with her to exam and Bailey pulled out a dew claw trying to take off the muzzle.  I don't want her passing with nothing but fear and strangers, so I kind of think we're done with the vet. 

cool story bro: her original vet was in a murder for hire love triangle suicide yikes. truth is stranger than fiction

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TOR said:

Bailey's vet visit was supposed to be last month.  Last year the idiot tech wouldn't let me go with her to exam and Bailey pulled out a dew claw trying to take off the muzzle.  I don't want her passing with nothing but fear and strangers, so I kind of think we're done with the vet. 

a lot of vets offer in home final visits.  you might want to consider that option if you feel that shes really hurting

We used these folks to put down our shi tsu Pixie a few weeks back, after previously having gone the vet route www.doorstepvetaustin.com 

Fantastic service, showed up on time, kept things very mellow and peaceful. Gave her a quick and easy sedation shot in her shoulder that she didn't even feel, then gave her and IV and the final dose after she was asleep. Gently covered her and took her away. Soooooo much better and less stressful for both Pixie and us this way. RIP Pixie, you were a wonderful friend and the smartest dog I've ever been around.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

So, have some good news on the Rini front.  She is responding to the Palladia.  Her oncologist was shocked at the improvement in all her mast cell tumors.  When we went in on March 9, the one on her face was massive and the ones in her lymph nodes on her neck was noticeable. He could not feel the one in her tummy (different kind of tumor).  Fast forward to April 11.  The one on her face is back down to looking like nothing was there.  The ones in her neck, you cannot feel, and no change in the tummy one.

She beat the bladder infection and is jumping on the bed again.  We do have her on a bland diet after a bout of bloody diarrhea which was possibly caused by the palladia and possibly by the McDonald's cheeseburger I gave her that day.  She has lost some weight thanks to the diet, but that is good because she was overweight.  She has tons of energy and a week or two back pulled me off the sidewalk (resulting in me having a sprained ankle, so that is fun).

The only bad news is she is slightly anemic thanks to the steroid she is still on, so we are halfing her dose.  

Basically, the oncologist was floored by the change.  So, as all the vets here have observed, Rini is an absolute fighter.  May 11 might not be the date afterall.  We are continuing to play it all by ear.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TOR said:

cool story bro: her original vet was in a murder for hire love triangle suicide yikes. truth is stranger than fiction

Valerie Busick?  Went to high school with her.  Took a swan dive off the Willowick rather than face the consequences.

• Hook 'Em 1

More Tillie vs the donkeys.  She keeps getting her ass whipped but comes back for more.  

She had penned one donkey (or he was just getting to the safety of the stall) but I'll let her have the thought she penned him. Then went back for more from the other one. 

When we pull turn her loose at the gate, this is how she starts her day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:56 AM, hullabelew said:

More Tillie vs the donkeys.  She keeps getting her ass whipped but comes back for more.  

She had penned one donkey (or he was just getting to the safety of the stall) but I'll let her have the thought she penned him. Then went back for more from the other one. 

When we pull turn her loose at the gate, this is how she starts her day.

Kind of looks like a circle of animal abuse.