Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

So lost our last blonde Scottie passed 2months ago. 
We have always had at least 2 dogs since we’ve been married. 

We “thought” we would wait till I had vacation time with new job before looking for new. 
Did not work. I put closure in doggie door and wife pulls it out and says it’s just not right. 

We’ve decided no more pure breeds cause of health issues. Start sending out requests and dammed if small terrier’s mixes are hottest thing on market. 
Adopt a scared 10 month old mix and also hoped to get his brother. Brother got adopted so that is a no go. He is now sitting in wife’s lap and throwing his chew toy around. 26 years of 2 dogs minimum and no dogs just isn’t right. 

Bad thing is rescue we adopted from keeps sending me texts “hey what about this dog”. 
I might get a little upset but damn if foster dog parents aren’t doing the greatest job ever. 

Wife has suggested we “foster” and I say no.  You can’t expect crack addicts to go cold turkey. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FizzleFish said:

Daughter dropped off her 3 dogs for the weekend. Wife loves when they visit. 

79132EE4-CFCF-4BFA-AE07-0F3C8821AF31.jpeg

Nice dogs.  Surly and the rest of the internet appreciate you posting a pic of your old lady’s behind.  

Keep up the good work.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Deej said:

Looking after a dog named Waffles. Trying to convince them to get a second dog and name it Chicken. 

I wanted to name our dog Cheese so we could get another named Mac.  Wife vetoed that.  Our 2 Newfies (Bruce and Pepper) should have been named Shrek and Fiona.  Would have been perfect for them.  They're gross and I love them.

1 hour ago, LebongJames said:

Today we had to say goodbye to the best dog I’ve ever known. I loved her more than probably I did myself in my early 20s. She was a 14 year old bad ass. I know it was time and the end wasn’t fun but I can’t believe how much today hurt. She is now with her sister. I know she is floating the River eating ice cream. We came to Port A for one last trip and she decided this was her final resting place. She loved it here.

2E37C1C9-8FB1-49BB-A1BA-EA4F9BC1D131.jpeg

88A65AD2-A961-49CD-9FEE-61EA617033E9.jpeg

3BB0BDBE-A927-44D7-AF9E-DBF8E9DC452B.jpeg

Having grown up in Corpus, Port A was a good second home and I know she rests easy.  You did good and she is free to enjoy time with her sister while waiting for you to join them someday.

• Like 1

ZoZo has joined the family.  It was a long drive home from Charlotte but she's here now.  The old lady in the first photo is a saint who's been fostering Giant Schnauzer rescues for over 40 years.

spacer.png

And she made herself right at home.  This 15 month old girl is one bundle of endless energy.  She stayed in this pose about 10 seconds.  Her two weeks of board and train are coming up sooner than later.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Today we had to say goodbye to the best dog I’ve ever known. I loved her more than probably I did myself in my early 20s. She was a 14 year old bad ass. I know it was time and the end wasn’t fun but I can’t believe how much today hurt. She is now with her sister. I know she is floating the River eating ice cream. We came to Port A for one last trip and she decided this was her final resting place. She loved it here.
2E37C1C9-8FB1-49BB-A1BA-EA4F9BC1D131.thumb.jpeg.d7df82ffc3e6a8fb4a935bd1dcc92a42.jpeg
88A65AD2-A961-49CD-9FEE-61EA617033E9.thumb.jpeg.38cd8cf33e69125216eb064457b7879a.jpeg
3BB0BDBE-A927-44D7-AF9E-DBF8E9DC452B.thumb.jpeg.95971ea0c50750c231677837093fba41.jpeg

Tough duty LJ but she knew you loved her like she loved you. She and the sis will be waiting for you on the other side, so you might be throwing a ball for eternity. To me the worst part is coming home to the emptiness, the lack of a tag jangling, the feet padding in the floor. Makes the hole in the heart worse.
  • Hook 'Em 3