Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Helicopter tail!

That is part of Bonnie's flirt routine.

She gets helicopter tail going and walks up to victim and then reaches up on their leg and quickly sits on their foot with her back to them expecting to be petted. If they don't, she looks up with puppy sad eyes and reaches a paw up on their leg and gives it a single scratch or tap to signal them to start petting her. She is sitting on their foot so they aren't going anywhere until they do, dammit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/10/2022 at 9:41 PM, Buzzrock said:

Informal poll: where does your dog(s) sleep?

Coming up on his 3rd birthday (and about two and a half years with us) Samson no longer likes his crate. Like, at all. He used to kennel up really easily and sleep like a champ, and now he doesn’t want to go in there at all and if we force the issue he howls for 20 minutes, sometimes much longer. I treasure my sleep.

For the last couple nights I’ve let him sleep on the couch in the den (don’t tell mom), but tonight he’s whimpering at our door. Letting him sleep in our room is going to be a very tough sell on the wife, who did not grow up with dogs.

our two idiots sleep on the floor of my daughter's room. We let them in when she goes to bed, then Jack will want to go back outside a few hours later. He'll stay outside all night if its not raining or cold.

Newest addition to household. 
In May last Scottie passed at 13. 1st time since have been together 0 dogs. Have always had at least 2. 
Since I started new job figured wait till Nov.-Oct. after we took some vacation. Last 2 months have been sad. Could not wait anymore. Got these 2 from a rescue that got them from puppy mil. 1 is 3yr and has had at least 2 sets of puppies. Other is supposed to be 1 but I honestly think about 6-7 months. 
Rosie is youngster and is fearless. Roxie is older and at 1st was pretty reserved. 5 days with us and she is finally getting to be a pup. LOTS of play time with us and between themselves. No potty training needed. Doggie door training needed about 5 minutes and a couple of treats. 

Wife was a little leary cause her sister had Jack Russell years ago and was nutzoid. These 2 keep each other entertained a lot. 

Next up, training worlds smallest frisbee dog.  

Life is good again thanks to them.  

2F08A376-D133-4E7B-8E59-329DFC94B7E5.jpeg.3d7f87c9932878b66a9a3784db3aff7a.jpeg

I fucking miss my Jack Russell like mad. We lost him in 16 at 17yo. He was the best dog I’ve ever been around. So smart; he could invent games and then train us what to do. Jacks are remarkable dogs; you must engage with them and must be exercised every day. But they are such great friends

2429d8aec72553f97d548e8e6160daae.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

All of ours have been rescues or take-ins from family or friends. The dog before the Jack was a cairn terrier mix my wife rescued from the Ft Worth pound as they were doing that days death roundup. Had her 17 years. The JR was a rescue my son made and we took when he was deployed. The last two taken when our DiLs father passed away. They know you rescued them. They make the best dogs.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

We've now rescued four Giant Schnauzers and Eli was a rehome.  People just have no clue that a big dog can have so much energy.  They require a ton of exercise.

ZoZo comes home from her three week board and train on Saturday.   We (and Eli) are psyched to get her back.  There's going to be a lot of dog play this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 2

Dumb question amnesty please... My gf is getting serious about getting a dog. I said we should foster for a few months. Any foster options in Frisco or Denton? Her sister does fostering and loves it so I am just hoping this narrows the dog type we get from the pound

We got our last two pups from here:

https://furryfriendsanimalrescue.org/foster

You can also apply to foster in Frisco from here:

https://friscohumanesociety.com/foster-application/

Put a dog window in our fence a few months ago. Covered it with screen. After a couple of months they had pushed the screen out with their noses.

Have some friends with those plexiglass portholes and they always get filled with dog snot and clouded with nose prints.

Found a wire basket at the thrift store and adapted it to fit. Now they really love it!
658eaa7ff5b38c99cf46f65a390c334c.jpg
2aeec15dae31ff9459f7bb6a6b27dc4f.jpg
f7482d638961d0d269986926a2c93db8.jpg

Just need to add some trim on the outside.
I'll be damned. I wish I had thought about doing something like this earlier.

My dog had a tendency to just go through the fence at times. I had to put a fence inside of the wood fence. Maybe if he had a peephole he would be satisfied.
  • Like 1

I'll be damned. I wish I had thought about doing something like this earlier.

My dog had a tendency to just go through the fence at times. I had to put a fence inside of the wood fence. Maybe if he had a peephole he would be satisfied.

Tip:
Do not do a Google image search for “Doggy Porthole”
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1