Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

3 hours ago, 83Horn said:

"Wierwiller says that Casper disappeared for two days after the brutal fight."

"We knew he was hurt because we found parts of his tail and blood and other things, so we were worried," Wierwiller said. 

Posting this in case his owner isn't a Surly poster.  Most of the dogs here are cute and happy.  What'd THIS dog do?  Oh not much.  Just killed EIGHT PREDATORS SINGLE-HANDED.  "Great" Pyrenees?  I'd say so.

A Georgia sheepdog is recovering at home two days after killing a pack of coyotes that attacked his owner’s flock of sheep, farmer John Wierwiller said.

Casper, a 20-month old Great Pyrenees from Decatur, fought off a pack of coyotes who were threatening Wierwiller’s sheep farm, he said. The fight lasted longer than half an hour, left eight coyotes dead and bloodied Casper, with skin and part of his tail torn off, Wierwiller told Atlanta’s WAGA-TV.

He scampered off but returned injured two days later after Wierwiller put out a call on social media.

“He was kinda looking at me like, ‘Boss, stop looking at how bad I look, just take care of me,’” Wierwiller said.

https://apnews.com/article/georgia-animals-dogs-coyotes-6b8b8cb70d9b6f094a22d3deceb063b9

• Hook 'Em 2

Great Pyrenees are badasses.   They actually make good family dogs but they are killers when need be.   When raised by shepherds in the Pyrenees, they feed them sheeps milk and raise them with the sheep.   They grow up thinking they're sheep.   And the protect the herd like nobodies business.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Great Pyrenees are badasses.   They actually make good family dogs but they are killers when need be.   When raised by shepherds in the Pyrenees, they feed them sheeps milk and raise them with the sheep.   They grow up thinking they're sheep.   And the protect the herd like nobodies business.

The best. 

8C7BEF8A-59EE-4C37-8994-645A90EA69F6.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I may have told this story before, but a few thanksgivings ago I went out to a farm in Webberville to pick out my own turkey.  There were several Great Pyrenees roaming around, working the farm.  The matriarch was all matted up and just laying on the ground, doing nothing, and looking like she was way up there in years.  While I was waiting on my turkey to be, ahem, delivered, another guy drove up to collect his turkey and he brought his dog with him.  One of the younger male Pyrenees started growling and barking and made a step towards him.

The previously motionless matriarch sprung to her feet, ran over to the young male, and slammed him to the ground with her paw.  She stood over him until the guy in the car and his dog had gotten their business done.  She wasn't allowing any bullshit to go down on her watch.  Pretty awesome.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I moved most of my computer stuff in the room by his kennel since he got nuetered. He has started doing this now, I thought it meant he needs to go piss or shit but nope he just wants me to stay in the room lol. 

IMG_20221207_193021.jpg

“Look m’fer, I got no balls now so you will share my pain”

• Haha 2

Yea I opened the door to take him to outside and he just stares at me for a few second then goes back into the room. He now taps me with his nose when he needs to outside. Pretty good non intentional training. 

Also Holy shit he has red rocket all the time now is that normal after balls gone procedure? 

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zepol87 said:

Yea I opened the door to take him to outside and he just stares at me for a few second then goes back into the room. He now taps me with his nose when he needs to outside. Pretty good non intentional training 

Dogs be pretty smart when you know how to read signals. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I moved most of my computer stuff in the room by his kennel since he got nuetered. He has started doing this now, I thought it meant he needs to go piss or shit but nope he just wants me to stay in the room lol. 

IMG_20221207_193021.jpg

(locks door)

“Enough of the shit, where are they!”

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea I opened the door to take him to outside and he just stares at me for a few second then goes back into the room. He now taps me with his nose when he needs to outside. Pretty good non intentional training. 

Also Holy shit he has red rocket all the time now is that normal after balls gone procedure? 

Been long time since we have had young male, neutered. I do remember our last male that had skin issues would lick and would “expose” that issue.  Probably just till it gets fully healed. 

9 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Dogs be pretty smart when you know how to read signals. 

Yea been keeping him in kennel more since he is still pretty damn high energy and I quickly learned the difference of the fuck you bark and cry to hey I need to shit right now mfer howl and bark. Training been doing better also since he listens more when he isn't in the kennel but damn some of the cries to get out hit my core 

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea been keeping him in kennel more since he is still pretty damn high energy and I quickly learned the difference of the fuck you bark and cry to hey I need to shit right now mfer howl and bark. Training been doing better also since he listens more when he isn't in the kennel but damn some of the cries to get out hit my core 

Dogs be pack animals and want to be with pack. Everybody is different but my wife and I could never restrict our dogs movements. 
However saying that we also plan our vacations around our dogs. As long as you take care of them and keep their health good you are a good “owner”. I put owner in quotes cause in our case I’m not sure who owner is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Dogs be pack animals and want to be with pack. Everybody is different but my wife and I could never restrict our dogs movements. 
However saying that we also plan our vacations around our dogs. As long as you take care of them and keep their health good you are a good “owner”. I put owner in quotes cause in our case I’m not sure who owner is. 

Yea it sucks to do the kennel thing but want to make sure his nuetered post care is good. We are on day 5 now and he is doing great. 

This is what we doing right now

20221207_201344.jpg

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Good job restricting his movement. Blue took off across the yard after getting home from getting spayed and tore her internal sutures. Dummy. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea it sucks to do the kennel thing but want to make sure his nuetered post care is good. We are on day 5 now and he is doing great. 

This is what we doing right now

20221207_201344.jpg

I travel a lot for job and getting home on Friday and my mutts welcome me home is highlight of my week. 

Wife is like ughhhhh. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Do big boy dogs mark less then small breed dogs? I can't take Tiny Clyde anywhere without keeping him from marking. In Home Depot, I just pick his ass up and carry him because near every corner we turn, he tries to lift his leg.  I took him to my sister's house and he pissed on their new chair before I could stop him. What a dick.  I have only ever had female dogs and they don't do shit like this. I never hear about big breed males pissing everywhere so I was just wondering if it is little dog male behavior. 

Yea I was gone around 18 days a month for a year before we got him due to certain projects. My gf wasn't happy then, those projects finished and it was great timing. Starting February I'm probably back to 10 days a month travel so I'm trying to enjoy this time a ton

18 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Do big boy dogs mark less then small breed dogs? I can't take Tiny Clyde anywhere without keeping him from marking. In Home Depot, I just pick his ass up and carry him because near every corner we turn, he tries to lift his leg.  I took him to my sister's house and he pissed on their new chair before I could stop him. What a dick.  I have only ever had female dogs and they don't do shit like this. I never hear about big breed males pissing everywhere so I was just wondering if it is little dog male behavior. 

Not in my experience.  Little Biff never used to do it.  He learned from his big (younger) brother like a couple years ago.  Now he does it EVERYWHERE.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I've had two biggish male dogs (55-60 pounds) and neither one of them ever/has ever marked inside. One a pit mix and the current one a Shar Pei mix.

11 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Might mean there was another dog peeing on those corners. 

Here is the mutt not peeing.

20220429_161843.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Is he intact?

On 11/15/2022 at 11:56 AM, Armybrat said:

D0899DC6-5D8E-427A-A4C2-6ADD7F59647F.png

So, my SIL and BIL got a rescue that is terrified of people. Stays in their bedroom all day. Won't even let their own kids get near him without running off. BUT he will sneak out when everybody is sitting at the table and slink around underfoot looking for crumbs. At thanksgiving, I was sneaking him little bits of turkey and ham. After that, I was the only one he would let approach and pet. Everybody was amazed. I just shrugged it off. "Hey, dogs know what's up."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

When my grandfather started doing that we put him in a home.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
17 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Is he intact?

No, he’s in Home Depot. Didn’t you read the question?  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

terriers are stone cold killers

There's a terrier in our neighborhood in the mountains named Dougal that is gonna get killed by Bruce one of these days.  They let him roam freely (neighborhood is all 2+ acre lots) and he's a fucking asshole.  He's dog aggressive and people aggressive.  Tries to sneak up behind you to bite you and/or your dog, tries to ambush you, etc.  I fucking hate this dog.  Bruce hates him, too.  A few weeks ago, we were on a walk going by their house and Dougal comes tearing up the hill at us, barking and growling.  Bruce (who is leashed) starts going bananas trying to get after him.  It takes everything I have to hold back this 140# dog when he's pissed off.  Dougal stays just outside of Bruce's reach, but keeps snarling, tries to circle around us to get at him from behind, etc.  The owner finally comes up the hill and grabs Dougal because Bruce isn't moving as long as Dougal is there.  He tries to laugh it off and I just told him point blank "Bruce doesn't like him.  And if Bruce ever gets ahold of him I'm not going to be responsible.  My dog is leashed, yours isn't."  I hate that little fucker.  Want to punt him every time I see him.

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

terriers are stone cold killers

Bailey would catch them and play with them because she didn't  know how to kill them.   It was kind of awful hearing their little squirrel screams.

• Haha 1