Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

Just finished putting down Sandi, the greatest dog I’ve ever owned. Thirteen years old and by my side almost the entire time. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e72f08ef692dd8b3b0249cc4dc6eca21.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. I’m sure she left a hole the size of Houston in your heart. No doubt she’ll be there when you cross over.

You had 13 wonderful years with her. That is a blessing.

20 hours ago, Deej said:

Winter is officially over. Blue has started blowing her coat out. So much dog hair. I vacuum, and by the end of the day, it looks like I never did. 

Sebastian just finished blowing his out.  It's hard to believe how much hair came off of one dog.  Apparently the half of him that is Husky is all in his undercoat and one eye.

So, we have a green space beside our little neighborhood that most of the 4 or 5 households let their dogs enjoy.  I am out there with my old Golden Mollie, and have the tennis ball throwing stick because she still likes to chase the ball.  Neighbors at the opposite end of the street are there with their fairly young Irish Setter, Penny.  Mollie and Penny sniff buttholes, etc. and seem to get along.  I get ready to throw the tennis ball and Mollie gets alert.  Throw the ball and Mollie goes after it, with Penny dogging her every step.  Mollie gets the ball, brings it back, Penny could not give a shit about the ball.  I throw the ball again and Mollie takes off, with Penny right after her.  Mollie wheels around and in a scene reminiscent of a Hanson brother from Slap Shot, barks/snarls at Penny.  It was almost like I could interpret doggo: "I'm fetching my fucking ball!"

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

when my lab was forced to wear the cone of shame, she quickly figured out that if she just rammed the cone into every single corner in the house it would break the plastic  and within 2-3 days it was rendered useless. 

My white lab did that, after a week cone was all duct tape

Took Luna with me to First texas honda to get the car serviced. She insisted on introducing herself to every person there. 

Of course someone brought their shit dog which started going ballistic when it saw Luna. Luna gave that thing the "shut the fuck up" bark. It's just two commanding clear barks only a GSD can make, and that whole place got quiet.

The shit dog cowered in its owners lap while we walked out to check out the new Passports.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hpara759 said:

Got a new addition to the family....say hello to Otis....1 yr 7 mo....previous owner needed more room in his house ( wife prego)

IMG_20230204_142130937_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230206_153212802.jpg

Threw me in the tank with a drunk called Otis
With his 5 o'clock shadow he smelled of 3 day old beer
My man turned to me and said, "Why are you here?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Threw me in the tank with a drunk called Otis
With his 5 o'clock shadow he smelled of 3 day old beer
My man turned to me and said, "Why are you here?

Hi Bob!

Hattie was not pleased being stuck in the powder room during last night’s storm. 

0D12B3A9-80E7-4819-BE44-B114F475119D.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

Not my dog, but the best dog I ever knew -- Geraldine the Wonder Dog, Townes Van Zandt's wolf-dog. She was generally sweet but fierce when needed. She could do literally dozens of tricks. She would prop Townes up when he was legless drunk and herd him around. Happy to say she lived over 20 years. This newly-released pic finds her at at Paleface Park, Lake Travis, in 1985 but she spent most of her life in the country outside Nashville. Never known another like her before or since.

328425725_1246390032624799_8612881920909879850_n.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Ogie Ogilthorpe said:

Haven't been to this thread in a while but it is still one of the best on Surly. 

Monroe just got a haircut:

We were up in the Great White North for Christmas, she wasn't a huge fan of here sweater.

image.thumb.jpeg.536f3f7eee489bda3e4d49f3eb9844ab.jpeg

lol, if we tried that, there'd be a pile of yarn on the floor in about 5 minutes and we'd be picking up yarn poop for 2 days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1