Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

My boy (pink nosed lab/basenji mix with the elf ears) always hams it up for the daycare cameras with his friends. It's his favorite place on earth.

338544274_957718888564849_27289876066754

Arguably the happiest, friendliest dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Dumb as a box of rocks though. I imagine those two qualities are strongly correlated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

My boy (pink nosed lab/basenji mix with the elf ears) always hams it up for the daycare cameras with his friends. It's his favorite place on earth.

338544274_957718888564849_27289876066754

Arguably the happiest, friendliest dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Dumb as a box of rocks though. I imagine those two qualities are strongly correlated.

If I focus real hard can I just swap souls with one of these pups?  They look so damn happy. 

• Like 1

I had been contemplating getting a 2nd dog for a long time and I finally got Aliyanah a new buddy to hangout with when I’m at work. I came back today and this is where I found her at. Puppies are the best at winding up in places like this. She’s three months old and is a shih tzu mix. The lighting sucked in this picture so you can’t make out her face.692BE05F-3359-4AD1-ADCF-A6D47FBE3D1B.thumb.jpeg.1f0f1d439f7f601869efbd321bf170f0.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, hookemATL said:

RIP sweet girl.  Labs are perfect life partners, and I am sure she was no exception 🤘

Thank you.  She was a Golden, short curly haired, field trials bred.  13 years, 8 months.  Long life, but not long enough.  Big empty spaces in the house and no fur tumbleweeds to vacuum up.  She shed like a Golden...  It hurts; gonna be a while before I get another one.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, baboso said:

Thank you.  She was a Golden, short curly haired, field trials bred.  13 years, 8 months.  Long life, but not long enough.  Big empty spaces in the house and no fur tumbleweeds to vacuum up.  She shed like a Golden...  It hurts; gonna be a while before I get another one.

The only reason it hurts so bad is because of the sheer amount of love and happiness she brought to you and your household. ❤️

dogs are fucking magical creatures. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baboso said:

Never long enough.

It's why I always have at least two dogs. That's a big empty fucking space to fill.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Sure

I’m terrible at throwing shoes away or just giving them away which would be better to do. I wear maybe three pairs total while 8 or 9 others sit there almost never to be worn, which is admittedly wasteful. My guess is she drags them off the rack herself when I am not home at some point soon. She should be doing some pretty good teething soon if Aliyanah is any indication of what she did at the same age. 

11 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

d7b35d9f3ff30d68fa3544a4c8c38a80.jpg
A sad story so move on if you wish.

Last week our 17 year old terrier’s stage 4 renal failure finally made him crash, and he moved to the next stage. Beaver came to us 6 years ago when our DiL’s dad got the cancer and he called the wife asking her to take him and his older companion Wally. That’s like hitting the fucking lottery for a pup.

We lost Wally about 15 months ago. They were bonded but Ol Beav took it well as he quickly figured out he got all the food and attention. He was a happy little dog that really wanted to do nothing but lay next to my wife. Very smart and very vocal.

Hate that coming home to a house devoid of clicking feet and thinking tags. It’s so fucking empty. We’ve tossed his beds, done away with his food and boxed his toys. Wife is a wreck. She is adamant about not wanting another as she can’t deal with the heartbreak but I’m hopeful she lets a couple more choose us sometime

You will have two new best friends before the end of the year. When my mother lost the dog that belonged to my father she said she did not want another dog. A month later I went out to Bryan and got her a German/Australian Shepherd mix that was named Diesel who was five months old at the time. As soon as she saw him and I said his name was Diesel she was happy because my father was a mechanic from the age of 9 growing up in Germany. His favorite engine? A diesel. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Update:

Bon Bon is home and all bandaged up. The pellet she took to the neck is lodged in her trachea, a whisker away from an artery, so he really really doesn't want to fuck around trying to remove it, unless there are complications, but he's pretty sure she'll heal up fine with a pellet in her neck. She'll be on antibiotics and pain killers for a week. And no exercise at all.

Once the hole in her trachea heals shut (hopefully in a few days), no more air will be leaking out under skin, and the swelling in her head and neck and scruff will go down.

She took one in the side, one in the neck, and is limping around right now, pissing in Jack's food dish.

Straight up Gangsta.

edit: update on the daughter-- She sleeps in a loft bed, and Bon Bon sleeps in her bed underneath the loft bed. I went into her room last night around 1:30 to check on Bon Bon, and my daughter had taken all her blankets and pillows off her bed and was sleeping on the floor next to Bon Bon.

She is making an old man on the Internet tear up.

2 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

The lady that owns the lake property here in Bacalar has about 20 of these raised sprinklers. I told her my crocodales were gonna park in front of them as soon as they get turned on and we might have to buy some replacements. She just laughed at that impossibility. 

So we're driving into town tomorrow for some replacement sprinkler heads.

IMG_7169.JPG

IMG_7171.JPG

IMG_7189.JPG

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7195.JPG

the continuation of the wharrgarbl |  wharrgarbl | image tagged in dog,wharrgarbl,water,side effects,spring cleaning,meh | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/4/2023 at 2:24 AM, Texzilla58 said:

d7b35d9f3ff30d68fa3544a4c8c38a80.jpg
A sad story so move on if you wish.

Last week our 17 year old terrier’s stage 4 renal failure finally made him crash, and he moved to the next stage. Beaver came to us 6 years ago when our DiL’s dad got the cancer and he called the wife asking her to take him and his older companion Wally. That’s like hitting the fucking lottery for a pup.

We lost Wally about 15 months ago. They were bonded but Ol Beav took it well as he quickly figured out he got all the food and attention. He was a happy little dog that really wanted to do nothing but lay next to my wife. Very smart and very vocal.

Hate that coming home to a house devoid of clicking feet and thinking tags. It’s so fucking empty. We’ve tossed his beds, done away with his food and boxed his toys. Wife is a wreck. She is adamant about not wanting another as she can’t deal with the heartbreak but I’m hopeful she lets a couple more choose us sometime

Fuck, fuck, fuck. Never gets easy. Peace.

On 4/4/2023 at 2:24 AM, Texzilla58 said:

We lost Wally about 15 months ago. They were bonded but Ol Beav took it well as he quickly figured out he got all the food and attention. 

This part made me laugh out loud. We adopted two dogs separately, but close in time. Blue kills about one badger a year, which puts him in the vet clinic for a week. Gumbo loves being the only dog at home during that time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

This part made me laugh out loud. We adopted two dogs separately, but close in time. Blue kills about one badger a year, which puts him in the vet clinic for a week. Gumbo loves being the only dog at home during that time. 

Please tell me that, in your lifetime, you've had dogs named Roux and Boudin.  And if so, please post pictures of these awesomely-named pets.  And if not, you're welcome for additional pets with awesome names.

The downstairs half bath toilet got clogged yesterday.   I figured it was, yet again, another example of women not understanding the amount of toilet paper that can be safely flushed.   My girls have a habit of that. 

A full bottle of Draino and letting it sit over night did not do the job.  So I got out my  snake...

20230406_101924.thumb.jpg.8b0695fc77d8d6ef1c7c5fd7b675eed4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Macanudo said:

The downstairs half bath toilet got clogged yesterday.   I figured it was, yet again, another example of women not understanding the amount of toilet paper that can be safely flushed.   My girls have a habit of that. 

A full bottle of Draino and letting it sit over night did not do the job.  So I got out my  snake...

20230406_101924.thumb.jpg.8b0695fc77d8d6ef1c7c5fd7b675eed4.jpg

hey it floats, right? Therefore, it can't possibly clog up a toilet.

• Hook 'Em 1