Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

My oldest dog, Ski, is 15, when he was younger, I took him fishing with me. We'd be out at sea for 3 to 5 days at a time, he learned to pee and.poop on the deck, his favorite spot being the bow of the boat. He developed a love for the boat, the fish we would haul in, he loves the water and the smell of saltwater, just loves it. On Friday, I took Ski and Chuy to a friends house to fish off the dock, Ski lit up when he saw the water, danced around on the dock howling most of the time. It was better than any walk we go on. Chuy on the other hand wont step on the dock.3f3c459af049f1a676e0c026b07e7c03.jpg8f81284b8d3b7fbf4ce039e44ebf4879.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Deej said:

Have had another guest for the past five days. Year and a half old, and just a big goofball.

3a6259e549db57020d905c7d1b93dae6.jpg

Mine is 10.5 and still a big goofball.  I swear if I had not taught her to sit before eating that I would have a knee replacement by now.

Ok, so gotta post some sad shit.  We were walking our pups in the neighborhood the other day and see a couple walking their old chocolate lab.  We come up behind them and notice he has the little doggie booties on his back feet.  As we continue, we see he's starting to have drop foot on his back feet, hence the booties so he doesn't scrape them up when they fold under.  He goes for about 15 yards and then can't keep going and the man has to pick him up and carry him for a while.  He tries again, makes it another 15 yards, and then back to being carried.  I went through something similar with our old man a couple years ago.

We walk into our house and a couple minutes later I come back out to get something from the car and see the dog and the man sitting in the grass across the street.  The man has the saddest look on his face and is just petting the old lab.  A second later his wife drives up in the car to pick them both up.  Yeah, I cried.

• Like 4

Need some prayers for my 11yr old English Bulldog. About 3 weeks ago, She got into my tackle box and got hung up on a rusted fishing lure. I got her unhooked, but apparently the hook got deep enough into her neck, that it festered in her gland. I took her in a week ago and they prescribed antibiotics. They seemed to work at first. Then, yesterday her entire face was twice what it was to begin with, to the point that her left eye was swollen shut. I got her to Kerrville in time to be seen, and they immediately had to operate on her. When the dust settled, the vet said that he had removed dead tissue in her jaw that equaled the size of half a grapefruit. When I saw her this morning, I thought I was going to be sick. There’s nothing to do now but dress her wound three times a day, and continue to give her antibiotics. The vet said it’ll probably be a month or more.
It’s gonna be a long road ahead for her. I wish I was one tenth as tough as she is. Sasha is my hero.
0cf813b9e055b7ea744de935777977b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 4/11/2018 at 3:03 PM, hornimal said:

what is the most interesting breed mix anyone has seen in person?

My dad had a Dalmation, my sister had a Husky. The Husky boned the Dalmation. The resulting puppies had short hair, the thick Husky body type, curved Husky tail, floppy ears, the Husky coloring, and on the white coloring, they had spots.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:58 AM, Homesickhorn said:

Need some prayers for my 11yr old English Bulldog. About 3 weeks ago, She got into my tackle box and got hung up on a rusted fishing lure. I got her unhooked, but apparently the hook got deep enough into her neck, that it festered in her gland. I took her in a week ago and they prescribed antibiotics. They seemed to work at first. Then, yesterday her entire face was twice what it was to begin with, to the point that her left eye was swollen shut. I got her to Kerrville in time to be seen, and they immediately had to operate on her. When the dust settled, the vet said that he had removed dead tissue in her jaw that equaled the size of half a grapefruit. When I saw her this morning, I thought I was going to be sick. There’s nothing to do now but dress her wound three times a day, and continue to give her antibiotics. The vet said it’ll probably be a month or more.
It’s gonna be a long road ahead for her. I wish I was one tenth as tough as she is. Sasha is my hero.
0cf813b9e055b7ea744de935777977b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if your vet ordered a C&S on that?

Story just in case it helps anyone else...

Three months ago, I thought we were going to have to put him down.  

He was clearly miserable, very inactive, his coat looked terrible, and almost all of his activity was self-destruction -- chewing himself through the skin, rubbed a huge gash in his scalp on a tree, etc.

The vet initially thought allergies, so we spent a month feeding him ridiculously expensive food, which didn't help.

Then, thyroid.  We started giving him thyroid medication, and everything returned to normal -- energy, appetite, beautiful coat.  They cut the medication in half, and he acted like he felt well, but his coat lost some luster.  Went back today and got him tested again, and yeah, his thyroid is a little low.  

If this sounds familiar, get your dog's thyroid checked.

• Like 1

Came home today to one of my two dogs missing. They were both in the living room when I left this morning. I close off the bedrooms and hall bath when I leave. Start calling her. Nothing. Look around, all the doors are still shut. Have a moment of panic that maybe something happened and she's laying dead somewhere. Start looking around, opening doors, finally getting to the bathroom door. Open it and 60 lbs of Basset mix comes flying out and almost knocks me to the ground. I guess the door didn't catch and she went in there and knocked the door shut, locking herself in. Dumbass.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Deej said:

Came home today to one of my two dogs missing. They were both in the living room when I left this morning. I close off the bedrooms and hall bath when I leave. Start calling her. Nothing. Look around, all the doors are still shut. Have a moment of panic that maybe something happened and she's laying dead somewhere. Start looking around, opening doors, finally getting to the bathroom door. Open it and 60 lbs of Basset mix comes flying out and almost knocks me to the ground. I guess the door didn't catch and she went in there and knocked the door shut, locking herself in. Dumbass.

uggh i was freaking out reading this until the end! glad you pup is ok

Meet Eclipse, the dog, who rides the bus in Seattle to get to the dogpark, by herself.

https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/videos/eclipse-bus-riding-dog-seattle 

These solo trips on the bus all began when Young was taking too long to finish a cigarette for Eclipse's liking, and she just hopped on the next bus. (Young followed suit on the next bus.)

such lab much fun

https://www.facebook.com/eclipseaRider/ 

24A7E61A00000578-0-image-a-2_14211379435

• Like 2