The Grand Tour

elfenix

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 8:36 PM, RPM said:

The upside to losing the studio is all the shows are roadtrips now.

After looking for episode 2 and not finding it, I did some googling. Turns out that the new format also means it’s only 2 specials per year, released whenever amazon feels like it. And the guys are spending the rest of their time on solo projects. 

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

After looking for episode 2 and not finding it, I did some googling. Turns out that the new format also means it’s only 2 specials per year, released whenever amazon feels like it. And the guys are spending the rest of their time on solo projects. 

i guess there's only so many ways you can race supercars through the alps

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Hmm, 2 eps per year sucks. But If I were Clarkson, Hammond or May at this point in their careers that's about all I could be bothered to do and it would be for lots and lots of money. Honestly, I was hoping for 4.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, SDG said:

It says December 17 but they usually drop the evening before. 

UTC time much? Bezos runs on International time bitches!!! Actually I have no idea. Just a conjecture. As any programmer nerd knows, Time (and particularly Timezones) is the hardest thing in computers. 

Watching right now. Holy shit the French cars are some of the worst things I've ever seen. Like the Simpsons episode where Homer bankrupts his brother by designing a car. 

Also - Clarkson looks terrible for 61. Kind of worried he might kick it soon. He pretty clearly drinks way too much. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Watching right now. Holy shit the French cars are some of the worst things I've ever seen. Like the Simpsons episode where Homer bankrupts his brother by designing a car. 
Also - Clarkson looks terrible for 61. Kind of worried he might kick it soon. He pretty clearly drinks way too much. 

Smoking and booze will do that to you. I think he quit smoking (maybe?).
  • Hook 'Em 1

The airplane car killed me. Hammond’s French accent had me rolling too. “One of a number of things has inevitably happened, now you must STOP!”

I’ve probably mentioned it before but my neighbor had a successful car YouTube channel and he and two other car YouTubers have a series that is an homage to Top Gear. Pretty entertaining for a bunch of amateurs.

I’m sure he’d appreciate you checking it out.
  • Hook 'Em 1