Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

Fuck their lucky asses...he misses throws just like every qb...they get results but i contribute a good chunk to just plain old dumfuckery by opponents

Why was kc so eager to score with over 2 mins on clock...that roughing the passer was BS and drive shoulda been over...3 3rd and 10's in OT

Falcolns gave game away...seattle dumbasses...tuck rule bs...and the sheer fact the afc is just full of chokers that wilt

He is a great qb and bill is great coach...combined with rest of afc mediocrity/chokers you get 9 SB appearances

25 minutes ago, pops said:

55 lines up one foot offsides otherwise there is a whole other narrative

Lucky breaks happen pretty much every game to countless other players. Other players don't crush you so predictably every time you give them the opportunity.

I think Rice compares once you start digging into some of the intricacies of his career. 

But at the QB position it's obviously Brady and anyone else. 

And the players that have even an argument at being as good at their position is a short, short list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SKA the boss said:

Dallas and Pitt did that in multiple decades with different teams. Brady has been to nine.
For comparison, Elway is 2nd qb on list in appearances with 5.

The Patriots dominance is an even bigger achievement since it is happening in the salary cap era. Those old Cowboy and Steeler teams could and did stockpile talent. 

1 hour ago, SKA the boss said:

Dallas and Pitt did that in multiple decades with different teams. Brady has been to nine.
For comparison, Elway is 2nd qb on list in appearances with 5.

The Patriots dominance is an even bigger achievement since it is happening in the salary cap era. Those old Cowboy and Steeler teams could and did stockpile talent. 

1 hour ago, pops said:

55 lines up one foot offsides otherwise there is a whole other narrative

I mean if he lost today, he'd still go down as the best QB ever in my eyes. I think he got that title when be beat Atlanta coming back from 28-3. His 4th quarters in these Super Bowls are unreal. Dude is money. He'd still have 8 straight AFC titles. I think 5 other appearances. 5 Super Bowl wins. 3 other appearances.

I do get what people say with the benefit of calls. The offsides on the pick that would have ended the game. But is that really a break? He was offsides, the ref saw it and called it. I will agree the roughing passer was bullshit big time. But the thing about Brady that sets him apart is when these circumstances happen, he takes advantage over and over. I have seen QBs get these calls and they don't do shit with them like Brady does. Rodgers is coddled. Hell he is the sole reason why QBs can't be touched this season. And he has only been to one Super Bowl his entire career and it will probably stay that way.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think Rice compares once you start digging into some of the intricacies of his career. 

But at the QB position it's obviously Brady and anyone else. 

And the players that have even an argument at being as good at their position is a short, short list. 

The fact some people still claim Rodgers is the true goat baffles me. Rodgers isn't even as good as Favre was in my eyes. Rodgers is more of the flashy player but he's not even close to the surgeon that Brady is with the consistency Brady does it at. Brady is 41 and these last few years he's playing some of the best we have seen from him. He's much better now than he was in those first 3 in 4 years Super Bowls. 

Remember when the Pats were losing to teams like the Titans, Dolphins, Jags, people were saying they were done. This is one of the worst teams Brady has been on in a long time. The Chargers were the sexy pick to knock them off last week. You can't count this team out as long as Brady is under center.

1 minute ago, mulletpelini said:

Not that I pay much attn but who the fuck said Rodgers was goat because they're dumb.

On here specifically? Derka did. This was maybe a year or 2 ago so he could have changed his mind by then. But it isn't just him. There are others who hold this sentiment. They claim Brady is doing it under a much better system and coach and Rodgers is actually more talented.I will admit Rodgers does some things better than Brady. He can be more flashy. But Brady is the better QB and it isn't even close in my eyes. Football is a team sport, yes. But the QB has the ball on every single play and his worth and contribution is much greater than any other player.

No one is going to confuse his arm for Favre or Elway, but I'd argue that he's the best adverse weather passer of all time. Romo hit on it early in the game, but his lower body torque and almost always perfect spiral just cut through the wind/rain/snow/whatever else you typically see in January.

He also had a throw in the first NYG Super Bowl that went about 70 yards in the air:

• Like 1

No one is going to confuse his arm for Favre or Elway, but I'd argue that he's the best adverse weather passer of all time. Romo hit on it early in the game, but his lower body torque and almost always perfect spiral just cut through the wind/rain/snow/whatever else you typically see in January.

He also had a throw in the first NYG Super Bowl that went about 70 yards in the air:

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Now he's gonna crawfish and drill that ol devil in the ass.

Devil:  whatdayawant

Tom:  to play professional football into my 40s, and beat all my enemies, as the greatest ever

Devil: okay, but you can only have sex with 1 woman for the rest of your life

Tom:  deal.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This. His o-line has never really been particularly dominant. But he knows what defense you're in pre-snap, and he's going to get the ball out quickly and on target. Blitz at your own peril. Don't blitz, and all of the sudden he's taking deeper shots with no pressure. 3 quarters of beating your man, but barely getting a finger on Brady before he throws has to take a toll on a defense and make them a half a step slower in the 4th.

The blueprint to beating Brady has always been simple: don't play zone and pressure him without blitzing. But how many teams have the personnel for that?

yet the Titans beat them 34-10

10 hours ago, NowThis said:

he's had the best passing protection i've ever seen , and that's been his entire career. How the hell do the OL do it, generation after generation? That's the underlying reason for their success. 

Fewer holding calls than a Big Xii team...   it helps.

That ain’t a shot at Brady’s success, but it addresses at least part of your question.

Edited by slorch

some random thoughts on this topic

- suppose he played his entire career with the Cleveland Browns, would his stats be different? Would he reach 9 Superbowls?

- suppose he played for Jeff Fisher

- as others have mentioned, his OL never gets called for holding, why is that?

- why are his receivers so damn open all the time? Granted Edelman and Gronk run great routes but so do a lot of other WRs in the league

- the OL is magnificent, even though they hold and no penalties, the best OL group in that department.  It's not Brady's quick release, it's that he has all day. The DLine rarely gets any penetration, all blitzes are picked up magically by a RB or OL that takes steps to meet the attacker.  It's truly amazing, watch it on Youtube, freeze the action, see how the mechanics of it transpire. 

- Tennessee Titans beat them 34-10, sacking Tom 3 times.   I'd love to see a statistical analysis of Brady's wins/loss, passing % , yards etc when he is sacked 1, 2, 3, or 3+ times; when he is hurried too.  Compare that to other great QBs.  

Football is the most team of all team sports and it's not even close.  I'd say the coaching schematics have a lot to do with his success.  When Joe Montana's Oline failed, he looked terrible.  

19 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

He’s the best ever by a long shot. What he has done with the cast he plays with is remarkable.

Give any other QB a WR set of Edelman, Hogan, Dorsett and Patterson and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One game, for sure, but Tommay was mighty comfortable reading his books and getting bodywork done before seemingly every throw.

Conversely Mahomes had one mississippi to duck and chunk it.

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He's really fucking good and really fucking lucky.  

If by lucky you mean playing in the AFC East, no doubt. 

Other than that, it's more so about preparation, dedication, intensity, desire and about 10 other things that don't really have much to do with "luck".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

If by lucky you mean playing in the AFC East, no doubt. 

Other than that, it's more so about preparation, dedication, intensity, desire and about 10 other things that don't really have much to do with "luck".

I mostly meant that he has Belichick as his coach and agree about his dedication, work ethic, etc. 

In all, Belichick has gone 13-6 (.684) in 19 games without Brady at quarterback for the Patriots. To put that in context, no other team in the league besides Belichick's Patriots has posted a winning percentage higher than .684 since Belichick and Brady joined forces in 2000. Nobody would argue that Belichick doesn't need his Hall of Fame quarterback, but the Patriots have been extremely good even without Brady at the helm.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx18029/bill-belichick-tom-brady-contributed-more-new-england-patriots-dynasty-2017-nfl-playoffs-super-bowl-lii

this is a great read, if you have the time 

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I mostly meant that he has Belichick as his coach and agree about his dedication, work ethic, etc. 

For sure. Brady would have been great anywhere, but obviously not to this level, and vice versa. It's a perfect coach-player combination, even if they don't particularly like each other anymore.

For the Belichick/Popovich coaching style--team first, selfless, take less money, no theatrics or distractions, buttoned down and professional--to work, your best player has to completely buy in, be coachable, work the hardest, and never act above the team. I'd say Brady fit that mold.

15 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yes, can't discount importance of having Belichick alongside.   Reading more and more about how they schemed to shut down Hill and Kelsey yesterday and completely shut KC down in the 1H and held them to < 300 total yards for the game. Great coaching job by Belichick and staff. 

12 minutes ago, NowThis said:

In all, Belichick has gone 13-6 (.684) in 19 games without Brady at quarterback for the Patriots. To put that in context, no other team in the league besides Belichick's Patriots has posted a winning percentage higher than .684 since Belichick and Brady joined forces in 2000. Nobody would argue that Belichick doesn't need his Hall of Fame quarterback, but the Patriots have been extremely good even without Brady at the helm.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx18029/bill-belichick-tom-brady-contributed-more-new-england-patriots-dynasty-2017-nfl-playoffs-super-bowl-lii

this is a great read, if you have the time 

That earned Matt Cassel a huge payday. Belichick can still have them contending with another QB, but Brady adds that playoff edge that can't be coached. 

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Tom has even said if he had been drafted by say the Cardinals he would probably be selling insurance somewhere....that doesn't mean he isn't the greatest

but he would be the greatest at selling insurance and still bang supermodels

Edited by NowThis