NFL Mount Rushmore

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, housious said:

I'm a cowboys fan, but anyone being honest should be able to admit that Sanders was a better running back than Smith. 

Pure straight up running back, yes.  Overall, not necessarily.  Smith's blocking, receiving hands, and screen game were better than Sander's.  This comes up every time these two are compared. 

21 minutes ago, housious said:

I'm a cowboys fan, but anyone being honest should be able to admit that Sanders was a better running back than Smith. 

No shit.

Switch the O lines they played behind and it would be even more obvious.  

No disrespect to Emmitt.  He's top 10 of all time.  But Barry is top 3 or 4 and Emmitt is not.

Edit -- Since at least one of you is about to freak out and demand that I name 4 better running backs than Emmitt Smith: Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders.  And have a pleasant day.

Edited by TexArcher

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

It's Brady, Brown, Rice, and LT and it's not even close. 

If forced to pick regardless of position, this is what I'd go with.  

Side question: if JJ Watt wins a 4th Defensive MVP and/or passes LT on career sacks (currently 40 behind), does he supplant LT?

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

If forced to pick regardless of position, this is what I'd go with.  

Side question: if JJ Watt wins a 4th Defensive MVP and/or passes LT on career sacks (currently 40 behind), does he supplant LT?

if it were close, maybe.  but dude, it’s not even close. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I love the 90s Cowboys but, please, you put Sanders on the Cowboys and he blows Smith's rushing numbers away.

Smith was a tough mofo and his longevity was amazing but Sanders is on a level by himself. 

Dismiss durability, pass blocking, leadership, and great performance in big games...

and Sanders is in the discussion.

Sanders was dynamic and flashy.  How convenient to ignore Emmitt’s differentiating factors behind all of those HoF O- linemen.

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

It takes JJ Watt 3 years to play 16 games...

LT was coked up and still kicking the world’s ass.

I'm certainly no doctor, but I think there's an argument to be made that he was kicking ass largely because he was coked out of his mind.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm certainly no doctor, but I think there's an argument to be made that he was kicking ass largely because he was coked out of his mind.

So you could get any coke head to do what LT did, right?

Has anyone who wasn't a Cowboys fan ever argued that Emmitt was better than Barry?

It's also funny that Cowboys fans are the same bunch who use Emmitt's versatility as an argument (which is fair), but then turn around and argue that 7-foot-shooting-guard Dirk Nowitzki was better than Hakeem Olajuwon (which is laughable).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

also funny that Cowboys fans are the same bunch who use Emmitt's versatility as an argument (which is fair), but then turn around and argue that 7-foot-shooting-guard Dirk Nowitzki was better than Hakeem Olajuwon (which is laughable).

I’ve never heard anyone say dirk was better than hakeem.  and the rockets and the whole city of houston can go fuck themselves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

What about an NFL Bad Guy Mt Rushmore?

OJ Simpson, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, and...?

ray rice?  you serious clark?  hitting his wife was terrible but just because it’s on video doesn’t make it worse.  he’s far down the list.  how about we start with murderers and rapists?

• Like 1

If you don't have Rice on your list you better start explaining some shit, quick. 

Jerry averaged 1,400 yards, 91 catches and 14 TDs per season over an eleven year stretch. That was his AVERAGE season. 

Over that stretch he started in all but 5 games - 4 of the non-starts coming in 1987 when he played just 12 games. That season, where he played in 12 games, he caught 22 fucking touchdowns. (this was the record that stood until Moss broke it in 2007 by ONE touchdown. Rice held a REC TD record for 20 years off of a 12 game season). 

As a 40 year old, in 2002 (his rookie season was 1985), Rice started in all 16 games and caught 92 balls for 1,211 yards and 7 touchdowns. 

So, for my money, it's Brady and Rice and then you can start debating the other 2 spots (if top 4 is what we're doing).

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

1.  Brady

2.  Rice

3. Sanders 

4.  LT

simeon rice had some good seasons but he hardly deserves to be on this list. 

trey sanders has yet to even play a down of college football, much less NFL.  this is clearly the worst choice.

ladainian tomlinson is a hall of famer, sure, but he’s not even one of the top 4 RB ever.  

I do agree with TB12. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, futureman said:

ladainian tomlinson is a hall of famer, sure, but he’s not even one of the top 4 RB ever. 

I know you're futuremanning but oof. Not sure about this one. Depends how much weight you are giving peak vs. longevity.