NFL Mount Rushmore

BurntOrange&White

7 hours ago, slorch said:

Dismiss durability, pass blocking, leadership, and great performance in big games...

and Sanders is in the discussion.

Sanders was dynamic and flashy.  How convenient to ignore Emmitt’s differentiating factors behind all of those HoF O- linemen.

exactly.  brady doesn't have all time great blocking helping him getting where he is? the dude is a statue and if he had an OL like say,  phillip rivers, he'd be getting killed.  he's on it because he's won 5  SB's as a QB.  you can't discount Emmitt. dude won 3 Super Bowls, was tough as fucking nails and was actually a good receiver also.

neither would be on mine although Sanders is real close.  Brady, Rice, Brown, Unitas.  these guys were great, won, and in general they were far and above the best at their position in their era.

We still doing the sanders over smith shit.  Nice.  

Emmitt Smith had Troy Aikman
Barry Sanders had Scott Mitchell and Andre Ware

Wayne Fontes vs Jimmy Johnson
Fucking Larry Allen

They handed the ball off the Emmitt, and he’d lean forward for 6 yards after 1 cut. Always leaning, cutting, getting first downs. If you stacked the line Alvin Harper would bust your ass or Irvin, Novacek and Moose would move the chains.

It was Barry vs 11 guys.

With that being said, it’s

Rice
Brady
Lawrence Taylor

are no brainers

I could make arguments for
Sammy Baugh (if you like passing)
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders
Jim Brown
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

And you can't post here without sharing nudez. 

I’m totally forgettable. Not remarkable in the least. My ass is almost to my ankles now. What height I had has been smote down by my Death Star of an ass. This is why I post a lot. I sit down because of my massive whale ass. Thanks for being up nudity and bad memories fuckass

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Nice. I debated between Lott and Reed, but went with Reed since he's more in my age range 

10 hours ago, futureman said:

darren woodson was light years better than both lott and reed when they were in their prime. 

Champ deserves to be in this discussion. 

23 hours ago, elfenix said:

montana is still on there.  yeah, brady has more rings, but 1) brady has never thrown a touchdown in the first quarter of a super bowl; 2) brady has never blown anyone out in a superbowl, let alone a hall of famer. 

That is some weird arbitrary criteria to put someone in over another. Super Bowls are close these days. In fact this century, most of them have been close. You aren't going to just go in there and blow people out. Not really how the Super Bowl is these days.

30 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

That is some weird arbitrary criteria to put someone in over another. Super Bowls are close these days. In fact this century, most of them have been close. You aren't going to just go in there and blow people out. Not really how the Super Bowl is these days.

I seriously don't think people understand the effect of the salary cap and free agency had on the NFL. This was one of them, folks.

Pre-Salary Cap Super Bowl scores: 844-377 (average score 30-13, which oddly enough was the score of the last SB of the pre-SC era)

Salary Cap Super Bowl scores: 738-475 (average score 31-20)

The only time those Super Blowouts occur in the modern age is when the losing team is facing a once-in-a-generation defense (2000 Baltimore, 2002 Tampa, 2013 Seattle). In fact, if you take just those 3 games out of the equation, it's 613-439 (29-21). Point being, those are some competitive-as-shit games where as such games in the pre-SC era were as frequent as blowouts are today. To hold that against Tom Brady and to pretend as if that "negative" makes Joe Montana better than him, or even an equal, is fucking ridiculous. Yeah, Brady doesn't have an SB blowout to his name, but Montana doesn't have that 5th ring, did not win the SB MVP award 4 times, won 13 fewer playoff games than Brady, doesn't have the playoff winning percentage as Brady, etc. Shit, Brady has only 1 fewer appearance in AFC Title games than Joe Montana has playoff wins. Montana was absolutely fucking stellar in his day, but only an "in-my-day" fool would take him over New England's current starter.

As to the topic of Rushmore?

Brady
LT
Rice
Either Jim Brown or Walter Payton (possibly Barry Sanders), but it really makes no difference.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingkoopa6 said:

All Time 

kingkoopa6 Mount Rushmore (man crush edition)

Mike Tyson, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Ken Griffey Jr.

Larry Bird, Tom Brady, Wayne Gretzky, Nolan Ryan

I seriously don't think people understand the effect of the salary cap and free agency had on the NFL. This was one of them, folks.
Pre-Salary Cap Super Bowl scores: 844-377 (average score 30-13, which oddly enough was the score of the last SB of the pre-SC era)
Salary Cap Super Bowl scores: 738-475 (average score 31-20)
The only time those Super Blowouts occur in the modern age is when the losing team is facing a once-in-a-generation defense (2000 Baltimore, 2002 Tampa, 2013 Seattle). In fact, if you take just those 3 games out of the equation, it's 613-439 (29-21). Point being, those are some competitive-as-shit games where as such games in the pre-SC era were as frequent as blowouts are today. To hold that against Tom Brady and to pretend as if that "negative" makes Joe Montana better than him, or even an equal, is fucking ridiculous. Yeah, Brady doesn't have an SB blowout to his name, but Montana doesn't have that 5th ring, did not win the SB MVP award 4 times, won 13 fewer playoff games than Brady, doesn't have the playoff winning percentage as Brady, etc. Shit, Brady has only 1 fewer appearance in AFC Title games than Joe Montana has playoff wins. Montana was absolutely fucking stellar in his day, but only an "in-my-day" fool would take him over New England's current starter.
As to the topic of Rushmore?
Brady
LT
Rice
Either Jim Brown or Walter Payton (possibly Barry Sanders), but it really makes no difference.

And some of us just want you(the ones who say its not even close) to realize you cant compare era's and playoff appearances based on the watered down current era where teams cant stay together and cant touch a qb/offensive player vs when you could keep your talent you drafted....

Will never get to see how the greats today would have handle the defenses back in the day crushing qb's or defensive backs getting to crush wr's like they use to

You cant say its hands down due to the differences and complications of each era
  • Hook 'Em 1

Will never get to see how the greats today would have handle the defenses back in the day crushing qb's or defensive backs getting to crush wr's like they use to

And I tacitly acknowledged that. Why do you think my Rushmore only has Brady as the exclusive Salary Cap-era player? 

You cant say its hands down due to the differences and complications of each era

I don't say "its hands down due to the differences and complications of each era," I say that it's a lot of factors that make it hands down in the specific comparison of these two players. But you said that "you can't compare playoff appearances" and that is false. The reason Montana doesn't have the playoff appearances to the tune of that disparity is because he didn't win as often and he didn't have near the longevity. That does count for something, and it's translatable. Suppose those were Peyton Manning's numbers. I'd be saying the exact same thing.

Like Vic Mackey said earlier, one has to use "weird, arbitrary criteria" to offer evidence of Montana even being on Brady's level.

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Deion has to be there. 

Charles Hailey 

Ronnie Lott

Dick Butkus

Brian Orlacher

Regarding Cornerbacks, Dick Lane would like to have a word with you.

Austin, Texas native, as well.

Deion was great.  It’s not as slamdunk as you think regarding alltime dominance at the position.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:35 AM, futureman said:

you know I wasn’t being serious, right

Doesn't matter if you were or not - I think Champ deserves to be in the discussion of best all-time CB.

11 hours ago, gaspar said:

All-Time (assuming we’re talking international sports as well)

M. Jordan

M. Schumacher

L. Messi

R. Federer

Schumacher? Really? Hamilton is way too close to Schumacher's legacy to put him on any "all-time Rushmore list"

And you've conveniently left off the most no-brainier pick out there in Gretzky. Any "all-time" Rushmore list and the discussion is only about the other 3 spots. 

If we're going to include F1 let's include sprinting and put Bolt on there. 

bolt-dominance.png

On 1/22/2019 at 2:35 AM, Nicole44 said:

I’m totally forgettable. Not remarkable in the least. My ass is almost to my ankles now. What height I had has been smote down by my Death Star of an ass. This is why I post a lot. I sit down because of my massive whale ass. Thanks for being up nudity and bad memories fuckass

English as a second language?  Probably hot.  Let's see the nudez...

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, hpslugga said:

And I tacitly acknowledged that. Why do you think my Rushmore only has Brady as the exclusive Salary Cap-era player? 

I don't say "its hands down due to the differences and complications of each era," I say that it's a lot of factors that make it hands down in the specific comparison of these two players. But you said that "you can't compare playoff appearances" and that is false. The reason Montana doesn't have the playoff appearances to the tune of that disparity is because he didn't win as often and he didn't have near the longevity. That does count for something, and it's translatable. Suppose those were Peyton Manning's numbers. I'd be saying the exact same thing.

Like Vic Mackey said earlier, one has to use "weird, arbitrary criteria" to offer evidence of Montana even being on Brady's level.

this.  

the same fool yesterday was saying that the salary cap makes it easier to get to the Super Bowl bc teams could not stack their rosters.  well if so, then where are all the fucking teams that made it to 9 super bowls in the last 17 years?  he also said that 9 SB appearances vs. 4 SB appearances should not "carry significant weight" (or words to that effect) when talking about Brady vs. every other QB that has played the game.