Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

My long nightmare is finally over. HEB Carolina Reaper cheese puffs back in stock. im not sure if they tweaked the formula or if its just variance, but they seem slightly darker in color and perhaps even have a bit more heat. Its the superior item in that entire snack aisle. 

44 minutes ago, Blotto said:

My long nightmare is finally over. HEB Carolina Reaper cheese puffs back in stock. im not sure if they tweaked the formula or if its just variance, but they seem slightly darker in color and perhaps even have a bit more heat. Its the superior item in that entire snack aisle. 

racist comedy central GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I got one of the HEB pizzas that they make fresh in store.  Disappointing.  Not enough sauce and the crust is sub par.  Was this an anomaly or is it just not that good?

Not an anomaly 

I got one of the HEB pizzas that they make fresh in store.  Disappointing.  Not enough sauce and the crust is sub par.  Was this an anomaly or is it just not that good?

The cheap ass Hill Country Fare deli pizza for $5 is way better than the more expensive H‑E‑B branded one.
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 1:52 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yeah, I've started going to the one on Westheimer and Kirkwood some.  It's not quite as nice, the scenery is not as good, and it's a shade further away, but it's not nearly as crowed.

I’m thinking about trying Bunker Hill myself. San Felipe is insane at all times. There was a 10 car line just to get a curbside parking spot this evening. 

I scheduled curbside for 7 pm. I show up at 7 and they put the wrong order in my car. I drive back up there and they haven’t even pulled my order yet. They fixed it in under 15 minutes, but I think they’re too busy for their good. 

The only upside of the Kirkwood location is that it’s next to a decent Spec’s and Lowe’s. 

22 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m thinking about trying Bunker Hill myself. San Felipe is insane at all times. There was a 10 car line just to get a curbside parking spot this evening. 

I scheduled curbside for 7 pm. I show up at 7 and they put the wrong order in my car. I drive back up there and they haven’t even pulled my order yet. They fixed it in under 15 minutes, but I think they’re too busy for their good. 

The only upside of the Kirkwood location is that it’s next to a decent Spec’s and Lowe’s. 

bunker hill is insane. heb mcgregor is the way

On 5/16/2022 at 11:44 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

bunker hill is the shit-showest of shit-shows at pretty much all times. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/16/2022 at 8:20 PM, tigol said:

Somewhat on topic.  I bought one of their low carb sausage, pepperoni, cauliflower, and marinara pizza bowls for lunch today.  $7.50.  I threw most of it away.  Not good.

Comedy Central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

SIAP, but I recently grabbed a bottle of Terry Black's Spicy Traditional BBQ sauce from HEB. Closest store-bought equivalent to my beloved City Market sauce. Goes great with ribs. 
001853225?fit=constrain,1&wid=800&hei=800&fmt=jpg&qlt=85,0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1.75,0.3,2,0

Every single time I see this brand I smile to myself thinking about my best night in college: beating Kansas on Big Monday. Terry Black went 8/10 with six dunks.

1e2857ab71e7dc5ecc660489d4c44c3e.jpg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 9:30 PM, Blotto said:

The meal simple chicken thigh fajitas make for an easy 15 minute meal if you dont want to bust out a grill or actually cook. something like 6 bucks makes 4 tortillas worth

image.thumb.png.705733fa0acd403ffebcc05ca9a574d9.png

The meal simple stuffed salmon is pretty good.  I like the breaded green beans and Buffalo cauliflower a lot also. 

• 2 weeks later...

My HEB has been getting remodeled for the the last several months.  It has been a fucking mess with having no clue where stuff will be from week to week.  I swear whoever was in charge of the store layout during the construction was just trying to fuck with people.  Canned beans in 2 different ends of the store, putting oatmeal on an aisle with kitchen wares, shit like that.   But I can finally see the end of the tunnel.  The new bakery is getting close to being fully armed and operational and the seafood counter should be next.