Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

21 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I found myself in north DFW today and hit up one of the new HEBs.  Didn’t buy much, but I had yet to sample the frozen Luby’s mac and cheese.  Slammed and went hard.  Not quite the perfection that you get from an old lady serving it to you fresh in between smoke breaks, but pretty good.

HEB makes Luby's frozen mac and cheese?

6 hours ago, South Austin said:

The specialty flavor chips seem enticing, but all of them I've tried have just been meh -- the seasoning is about 60% salt and the remaining 40% is some concoction that has little resemblance to the flavor advertised on the bag.

counterpoint: corn in a cup heb fritos were amazing

• Like 1

Just now, rage-a-holic said:

They don't make it, it's just an exclusive item

lubys mac.png

Semantics.  It’s good.  I have certainly had better, fancier mac&cheese, but the taste profile of Luby’s takes me back to my childhood when we were staying at my grandparents when the parents were out of town.  99% of the time we went to the cafeteria.  If I hit a walk off grandslam we might go to Steak and Ale, but absent my heroics we went to Luby’s.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Semantics.  It’s good.  I have certainly had better, fancier mac&cheese, but the taste profile of Luby’s takes me back to my childhood when we were staying at my grandparents when the parents were out of town.  99% of the time we went to the cafeteria.  If I hit a walk off grandslam we might go to Steak and Ale, but absent my heroics we went to Luby’s.

I'm sure it's good, I just thought it was weird they would make another brand of mac/cheese to compete with their own brand, which is also good.

Unless they're charging a lot more, they'd lose money just on the branding/licensing fees.

1 minute ago, rage-a-holic said:

I'm sure it's good, I just thought it was weird they would make another brand of mac/cheese to compete with their own brand, which is also good.

Unless they're charging a lot more, they'd lose money just on the branding/licensing fees.

They’re charging more.  I’m their mark.

• Haha 1

I hope none of you have to go to HEB today.  It is the worst grocery shopping day of the year.  Hell is being stuck behind someone who never goes grocery shopping while they slowly peruse every fucking shelf in the store.

My Hâ€'Eâ€'B on Burnet still has curbside slots available for today. They were all available yesterday so I did an order for this morning instead of going in person.

I hope none of you have to go to HEB today.  It is the worst grocery shopping day of the year.  Hell is being stuck behind someone who never goes grocery shopping while they slowly peruse every fucking shelf in the store.
Went to get a flu shot yesterday at noon and the place was jammed. Can't even imagine today

The specialty flavor chips seem enticing, but all of them I've tried have just been meh -- the seasoning is about 60% salt and the remaining 40% is some concoction that has little resemblance to the flavor advertised on the bag.

You’re forgetting the point of all these oddball flavors of HEB snacks, Lays chips, m&ms, Mountain Dew, etc. Just selling one to the curious. They could give a shit if you actually like them. Yes I’ll try a biscuits a gravy Mountain Dew. A bag of queso m&ms. Sure thing.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.hebdebit.com/products/

Has anyone else tried their debit card? We just received ours and are syncing it with our online account. We'll try it for a few months and see how it goes.

You get 5% back on all HEB-branded products. So that includes Mi Tienda, HCF, Creamy Creations, Central Market, etc.

Seems like a no-brainer to me considering how much we spend there and what we buy.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, hornian said:

Lytle HS mascot is the Pirates. I played against them in football/baseball growing up. We had a very creative nickname for them as the "Butt Pirates" because teenage boys are easily amused. 

Ah, OK.  

I'm not from Lytle.  I just pass frequently pass through and stop at the HEB / WB.