Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I hear you, but you are talking about a town of 10k ppl that also doesn’t have a huge high end product clientele.  Of course HEB isn’t throwing out their best in Ingleside.  I’d guess that one is along the lines of the one in Yoakum that’s basic everything only.  

Pleasanton has a badass HEB for being a small town.   But they built it during the Eagle Ford boom too.    I stopped there last time and tried their BBQ at Texas True and it wasn’t bad.   

Back in Texas visiting family and went to the HEB on Bunkerhill (Houston) the other day and their inventory on several items was low. Half the fresh fish case was empty, like pandemic type levels. Is this new or have they had supply issues for awhile?

4 hours ago, Smax said:

Back in Texas visiting family and went to the HEB on Bunkerhill (Houston) the other day and their inventory on several items was low. Half the fresh fish case was empty, like pandemic type levels. Is this new or have they had supply issues for awhile?

I was there Monday and it was stocked full. Must have been a bad day?

19 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The New Braunfels HEB is the the Mecca of HEB.  I swear to God the meat section there is bigger than our entire store.

I am also over the curbside carts taking up the whole aisle and refusing to move.

New Braunfels is like HEB's favorite "small city" in Texas.   They have the two Plus stores like the one you noted off I-35  which got a lot of buzz.  with the other one across I-35 from Bucees.   And the third store is past downtown on Hwy 46 and Loop 336 and it's not a Plus store, but it might as well be called one with the size and store layout almost being the same.   

Was going to get a whole chicken to rotisserie in the air fryer today then I figured out on the app that a whole raw chicken was only .60 less then the rotisserie lemon pepper chicken.  No cooking for the win.  I’m guessing the cost of the rotisserie chickens will go up soon.  Also all the carrot talk has put creamy carrot soup on the menu to make next week.  

Edited by Hook1997

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

They stopped selling 1 lb bags over a year ago. It’s hard for HEB to piss me off, but that was a dick move.

Wasn't a fan either, as while I rarely need 1lb of carrots, I never need 2lbs.  Mine has the loosies though, and 3-4 is usually what I need anyway.

11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Was going to get a whole chicken to rotisserie in the air fryer today then I figured out on the app that a whole raw chicken was only .60 less then the rotisserie lemon pepper chicken.  No cooking for the win.  I’m guessing the cost of the rotisserie chickens will go up soon.  Also all the carrot talk has put creamy carrot soup on the menu to make next week.  

I think it's because the whole chickens are much larger than the rotisserie ones.  It's hard to find a whole chicken at HEB that's not 5 lbs or bigger.  I spoke too soon about the 2 lbs bag of carrots.  Our HEB was out of everything accept a few bags of baby carrots yesterday.

Edited by kevwun
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/19/2023 at 3:49 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

LOL!    Looking on Google street view, that store makes the HEB mentioned above in Ingleside look like a Plus store.   Poor thing doesn't look like it's been updated since the 1970's.    

Look at the rest of that town. Landmark Falls hotel (first Hilton west of the Mississippi) falling apart. Street closed due to falling debris.

19 hours ago, kevwun said:

I think it's because the whole chickens are much larger than the rotisserie ones. 

Honey, I found a way to shrink your ass.  You might get dizzy though...

On 1/19/2023 at 9:54 PM, Mittens said:

Wasn't a fan either, as while I rarely need 1lb of carrots, I never need 2lbs.  Mine has the loosies though, and 3-4 is usually what I need anyway.

I wondered why I never saw the 1lb bags anymore. The loosies always just taste better to me for some reason. 

14 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

So on the best snack food thread they had a pic of jalapeño saltines. Bought some and some HEB pimento cheese.  
Gotdamn that is good snack. It’s been 20 years since I lived in HEB territory but damnit if they haven’t raised the stakes a 1000%.

Lol this was my lunch today. 

1674518636416709914548499514888.thumb.jpg.8e3dad95d66220fc21510d3108e1f6ad.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Got these for the dog. If I get super high enough, I just may try one.

7f3b8829767c138434525608863cda84.jpg

When my dad was going through cancer treatment, my mom came home one afternoon and he asked to buy some more beef jerky. She didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Turned out he had eaten an entire container of Beggin' Strips. I like to think that killed him and not the cancer. 

16 hours ago, Shaddie said:

So on the best snack food thread they had a pic of jalapeño saltines. Bought some and some HEB pimento cheese.  
Gotdamn that is good snack. It’s been 20 years since I lived in HEB territory but damnit if they haven’t raised the stakes a 1000%.

The jalapeno saltines are good with some ceviche. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4