Shit HEB Makes (when its open).

DougO

On 1/23/2023 at 5:07 PM, Steel Shank said:

Got these for the dog. If I get super high enough, I just may try one.

7f3b8829767c138434525608863cda84.jpg

So we will be able to see who is feeding their dogs HEB flavored Brisket dog food and Chicken Fried Steak treats by the sudden amount of wait they put on?   Because if this was my everyday diet, I'd be battling Fat Albert for the big belly title.    

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

So we will be able to see who is feeding their dogs HEB flavored Brisket dog food and Chicken Fried Steak treats by the sudden amount of wait they put on?   Because if this was my everyday diet, I'd be battling Fat Albert for the big belly title.    

weight

Gives new meaning to being open. Trash bins at least. 

Heavily discounted food from HEB at Wm. Cannon / 35. As in free. One upside to the power issue, for some. Nice to have the carts nearby, for sure. 

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/people-warned-not-to-eat-food-taken-from-dumpsters-at-se-austin-h-e-b-william-cannon-i35

image.thumb.png.2d0d5d44ab9aae84eabd887675919447.png

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

After many orders of diminishing returns, I think HEB is too big for their own good. The North Texas expansion won't help.

I think they're solid on fresh tortillas, beef, and Texas centric knick knacks, but they're becoming Kroger. 

Hey, dude.  Keep your Kroger.  Problem solved.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

After many orders of diminishing returns, I think HEB is too big for their own good. The North Texas expansion won't help.
I think they're solid on fresh tortillas, beef, and Texas centric knick knacks, but they're becoming Kroger. 

Ok my dude. Great prognostication.

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The "Unpopular Takes" thread is over thataway.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I suspected there would be some brand loyalty in this thread, but come on guys. HEB’s produce is trash. Their curbside is so busy it’s damn near impossible to get same day pick up. And they constantly screw up my delivery orders. 

Again they’re too big for their own good. 

E5B45242-3532-40F2-A64F-28EBB2D640DE.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I suspected there would be some brand loyalty in this thread, but come on guys. HEB’s produce is trash. Their curbside is so busy it’s damn near impossible to get same day pick up. And they constantly screw up my delivery orders. 

Pro tip: nobody uses curbside at the Rundberg HEB.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_tex

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry but they broke ground on the Mansfield store recently and I can’t wait. No store compares to an HEB from someone in DFW stuck with basically Tom Thumb and WalMart. Central Market is not an HEB.

17 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

What fucking HEB are you going to?

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'll agree with one thing about HEB.   The curbside/personal shopper thing is getting on my nerves at least at my local HEB.    It's a smaller store compared to your Plus type stores meaning the isles are smaller and those huge blue carts they use make it a chore to get around especially when the same isle has Olds using the electric carts and regular shoppers chit chatting on their phones.   I understand the curbside thing took off as a necessity during the Covid chaos, but it needs to be looked at by retailers. I don't know if you can get that cat back in the bag though...

If someone is reported to go full Karen at a Corpus HEB, it might be me.....

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I'll agree with one thing about HEB.   The curbside/personal shopper thing is getting on my nerves at least at my local HEB.    It's a smaller store compared to your Plus type stores meaning the isles are smaller and those huge blue carts they use make it a chore to get around especially when the same isle has Olds using the electric carts and regular shoppers chit chatting on their phones.   I understand the curbside thing took off as a necessity during the Covid chaos, but it needs to be looked at by retailers. I don't know if you can get that cat back in the bag though...

If someone is reported to go full Karen at a Corpus HEB, it might be me.....

I will agree with this. Luckily, they’re expanding the HEB that I shop at and will be done within the next 4 months. My son’s school also has a new HEB by it so my wife can stop there on the way to pick him up.